2024 WTA News & Gossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tossip

I didnt appreciate you laughing at my post regarding Coco, when I said I am not being critical of her.
From now on dont read my posts regarding Coco full stop, I am over explaining the difference of being Constructive and being Critical??
Thanks,
You can.put me on ignore if you want

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You can.put me on ignore if you want
When you decide to take off the Coco Gauff tinted sunglasses then maybe you and I can have a 'adult and constructive conversation' what is needed in Coco's game, until then I am not interested in discussing Coco with you.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Paolini stock has gone up and she can command prime time scheduling.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Of course the WTA website now correct itself and has Zhengs match on. Honestly I wish they would get someone to take over the running of their website it has been poor for many years and quite frankly it is getting worse

Zheng won the 1st set 61 over Frech

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jazz will now have to serve to force a TB in the 1st set she was serving for the 1st set 6-4 and broken, she cant afford to take Potapova lightly
6 games all TB for the 1st set, I hope with Jazz could not serve out the 1st set, it dosent come back to haunt her in this TB
Jazz wins the TB 76(2) 1st set
Jazz wins in SS over Potapova 76 (2) 63

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zheng v Frech match suspended due to rain
Zheng was serving for the match 5-4 when it was suspended, Zheng won the 1st set 61

Wozniacki v Pavs match also suspended, Pavs won the 1st set 75 and leading 4-2 in the 2nd set

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I will still read your posts on Coco ,and there is warranted criticism and being overly critical.You are entitled to your opinion and I am not stopping you from criticizing her.My perspective is different from yours because I think it's not a big deal.Vandrosova didn't defend her points and is older than Coco.Lots of players that are older than Coco have never won a big title like a gs eg Pliskova,Jabeur and Pliskova.

Some can be down on a player who embarrasses their pick! Heaven knows Davenporte on TCC didn't think Putintseva did anything to worry Coco! After Djk. took OG w/ no one on his side, we should learn never to be so bold as to dismiss another player; esp. if they hear about it!:yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some can be down on a player who embarrasses their pick! Heaven knows Davenporte on TCC didn't think Putintseva did anything to worry Coco! After Djk. took OG w/ no one on his side, we should learn never to be so bold as to dismiss another player; esp. if they hear about it!:yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
You dont even watch the womens game LOL!
If you knew anything about Putintseva,? Davenport should know how playing Poots is tricky??, and Davenport should know better than to make comments like that about Poots, if she commentates on the womens game for starters? thank goodness for Chandra Rubin who is probably one of the best womens commentators in the womens game, she dosent have Blinkers On when it comes to any players full stop
This was a Tricky match for Gauff, who hasnt been playing well at all for awhile now? she committed 21 UFE in the 1st set of tennis against Poots
She had a 4-2 advantage in the 3rd set and Imploded? Coco had 51 UFE in 3 sets of tennis? of course if you were Watching the Match you would have seen that wouldnt you? commentators need to do their homework on players, of course Davenport forgot to mention that Poots has also have good wins against Swaitek of late? Davenport needs to go back and do her homework on players before making Laughable Comments, example what she thought of Poots LOL!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Play has been suspended for the day
Matches suspended due to rain,
Woz v Pavs ( in the 2nd set)
Zheng v Frech ( in the 2nd set)
Pegula vs Muchova their match didnt start

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will just post first the suspended matches from yesterday
Matches Friday 16th August,
On Granstand court starts at 1.00pm,
Zheng (7) vs Frech they are in the 2nd set and Zheng was about to serve for the match at 5-4 the match was suspended due to rain.Zheng won the 1st set 61

Court 10, starting at 12.30pm,
Wozniacki vs Pavlyuchenkova Pavs won the 1st set 75 and was leading 4-2 in the 2nd set before match was suspended

Court 7 matches start not before 1pm,
J.Pegula (6) vs K. Muchova this match was scheduled yesterday, due to rain it did not get started

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA 1000 Cincinnati
Ladies singles matches.,
Friday 16th August,

Swiatek (1) vs Kostyuk (15)
Shnaider vs Fernandez
Avanesyan LL vs Samsonova (10)
Badosa vs Putintseva
Paolini (5) vs M.Andreeva

BTW the weather forecast for Friday is storms on and off, could be a frustrating day for all involved

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Coco embarrassed Saba last year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Play is about to start on some courts, hopefully the weather will behave itself, though the weather forecast did say thunderstorms on and off today

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I forgot to post this interview I will post it now, very interesting thoughts from Yulia Putintseva regarding her win over Coco Gauff at Cinncy the interview was carried out at the Tennis Channel by Prakash Amritraj.

Your not afraid of the big moment.You took out Iga Swaitek at Wimbledon and now Coco Gauff here.When you step into a match against a top player, that belief is never an issue for you.

Yulia,
Since I was a little kid, only my parents believed in me. They said I was able to do well with my height.Even though I'm smaller than the other ones in the group. My father was like You're the best.Otherwise its not gonna work.And I was always putting that in my head.That I always have to fight.If I fight and if I'm there at every point I can do it.

Today the game of tennis is 80% mental, and I have spoken that 'the belief' in any player is vital, you can have all the weapons in your game, unless you have that 'Belief' it just wont work.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
3 womens matches started,
Swiatek v Kstyuk
Avanesyan v Samsonova
Pegula v Muchova a match that didnt get on court from yesterday, due to play being suspended for the day due to rain

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga making 'short shift' of Marta Kostyuk 62 62, Marta is usually a slow starter in matches, though she didnt have a look in from the start of the match, at least Iga didnt going into a UFE machine in the 2nd set like she did in her first round match
,Iga has now reached back to back QFs at Cinncy