2024 WTA News & Gossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Coco Gauff is making more of an effort to run around her backhand when she can, not a good strategy position wise? but perhaps allows her to cut down on the FH freebies
Coco gets the break in the 3rd set and she should go onto win this match 4-2, I wish Brad would shut up, I know he thinks he is giving encouragement, still Coco can work things out on her own, she has said this many times before and it was directed at Brad :)
Jesus I spoke too soon? Coco what the hell?
Poots will serve for the match 5-4 Coco I have No Words you were in control of the match in the 3rd set leading 4-2?
She looks tired

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Putintseva d 2nd seed Coco Gauff and defending champion at Cinncy, 64 26 64
I have no words as Gauff was in control of this match in the 3rd set leading 4-2 and imploded
She is also the defending champ at the USO? sad to say going on this performance she wont be defending it unless something drastic happens in her game.
Not enough time to play another tournament Coco needs match practice, she also left the court in tears
I feel there is something outside of tennis that has Gauff not playing her best tennis.

BTW Putintseva has now beaten Gauff and Swaitek in the last 2 tournaments she has played., she's 10 - 1 in her last 11 matches

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With the defeat of Coco Gauff in her 1st round match at Cincinnati
Sabalenka will return to the No 2 ranking when the new rankings come out next Monday

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip

Coco left the court in tears, quite frankly I feel there is something/or someone outside of tennis that is having a huge impact on the tennis results we are seeing from Coco, in a negative way,she usually a Fighter, it has gone out of her tennis? I cant put my finger on it, she was in control of that match in the 3rd set, Coco of old would not have left that slip? remember how she fought back at the final of the USO?
Your thoughts?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No excuse Tossip she had control of the match leading 4-2 and she imploded she will lose big points as defending champ at Cinncy,
Maybe she is mentally exhausted, all players that went to the Olympics are talking about being tired.At the Olympics she also was playing doubles.She bleeds like everybody else.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tossip

Coco left the court in tears, quite frankly I feel there is something/or someone outside of tennis that is having a huge impact on the tennis results we are seeing from Coco, in a negative way,she usually a Fighter, it has gone out of her tennis? I cant put my finger on it, she was in control of that match in the 3rd set, Coco of old would not have left that slip? remember how she fought back at the final of the USO?
Your thoughts?
Lets hope it's not family or bf drama and her mother was not in the stands.She is still young and has a lot going on for her.She just needs a break before the Open and just go with the flow..win or lose she can start again after the Open.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe she is mentally exhausted, all players that went to the Olympics are talking about being tired.At the Olympics she also was playing doubles.She bleeds like everybody else.
There is something more going on with Coco,than just being tired look at her results at Toronto and now Montreal I have posted you another post with my thoughts

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets hope it's not family or bf drama and her mother was not in the stands
Okay I only saw her coaching box, her dad usually sits somewhere else.I hope it is not some kind of family drama, there is something going on with Coco and it is not tiredness.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Teen Queen aka Mira Andreeva continues her solid play at Cincinnati defeating Pliskova 62 63!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just an update on ranking and points seeing Rybakina (4) and Gauff lost today, Sabalenka moves from No3 to No 2 when the new rankings come out on Monday
Coco will lost 890 points being the defending champion at Cinncy
Seeing Rybakina lost today. she retired last year in R3 against Jazz, I think Coco stays at No 3
For Gauff it means that she wont have her own half at the USO. Coco will also drop 2000 points when it starts
Putting this into some type of context, lets remember Coco is 20 years old, has been on the tour for sometime, she has time on her side to correct the things she needs in her game, going forward in her career.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just an update on ranking and points seeing Rybakina (4) and Gauff lost today, Sabalenka moves from No3 to No 2 when the new rankings come out on Monday
Coco will lost 890 points being the defending champion at Cinncy
Seeing Rybakina lost today. she retired last year in R3 against Jazz, I think Coco stays at No 3
For Gauff it means that she wont have her own half at the USO. Coco will also drop 2000 points when it starts
Putting this into some type of context, lets remember Coco is 20 years old, has been on the tour for sometime, she has time on her side to correct the things she needs in her game, going forward in her career.
You are really dogging Coco,she is still very young and even.if she loses 4000 points it's not the end of the world.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You are really dogging Coco,she is still very young and even.if she loses 4000 points it's not the end of the world.
Where have I dogged Coco? I am just saying how many points she would lose and if you read my post correctly I said

"Coco is 20 years old and has time on her side to correct the things in her game going forward"
That is not Dogging Coco at all, Geez noone can say anything constructive about Coco here at TF, if you do you are having a go at Coco.
I also say things that are needed in other players games if you read my posts.
From now on dont read my posts on Coco okay.Geez!

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Where have I dogged Coco? I am just saying how many points she would lose and if you read my post correctly I said

"Coco is 20 years old and has time on her side to correct the things in her game going forward"
That is not Dogging Coco at all, Geez noone can say anything constructive about Coco here at TF, if you do you are having a go at Coco.
I also say things that are needed in other players games if you read my posts.
From now on dont read my posts on Coco okay.Geez!
I will still read your posts on Coco ,and there is warranted criticism and being overly critical.You are entitled to your opinion and I am not stopping you from criticizing her.My perspective is different from yours because I think it's not a big deal.Vandrosova didn't defend her points and is older than Coco.Lots of players that are older than Coco have never won a big title like a gs eg Pliskova,Jabeur and Pliskova.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will still read your posts on Coco ,and there is warranted criticism and being overly critical.You are entitled to your opinion and I am not stopping you from criticizing her.My perspective is different from yours because I think it's not a big deal.Vandrosova didn't defend her points and is older than Coco.Lots of players that are older than Coco have never won a big title like a gs eg Pliskova,Jabeur and Pliskova.
If you think I am being over critical I am not, for the last time I am not Criticizing her I am just pointing out things that need to improve in her game like her fhand, that is being Constructive and I am not the only one that has been saying that about her fhand, Brad has done nothing to fix the problem? players just attack it with ease and get the UFE from Coco.
I am not going to stop pointing out things that need to get better in her game, that is not criticizing BTW,
I also point out things in other players on the tour that need fixing?
As I said at TF nonone can make constructive points about what is needed in Coco's game, if they do, like me they get called out for criticizing her?
Being constructive and being critical are like chalk and cheese,
I am watching Jazz now, I am over discussing this, thanks

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am watching Jasmine too with my daughter and she loves Jasmine.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If you think I am being over critical I am not, for the last time I am not Criticizing her I am just pointing out things that need to improve in her game like her fhand, that is being Constructive and I am not the only one that has been saying that about her fhand, Brad has done nothing to fix the problem? players just attack it with ease and get the UFE from Coco.
I am not going to stop pointing out things that need to get better in her game, that is not criticizing BTW,
I also point out things in other players on the tour that need fixing?
As I said at TF nonone can make constructive points about what is needed in Coco's game, if they do, like me they get called out for criticizing her?
Being constructive and being critical are like chalk and cheese,
I am watching Jazz now, I am over discussing this, thanks

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip

I didnt appreciate you laughing at my post regarding Coco, when I said I am not being critical of her.
From now on dont read my posts regarding Coco full stop, I am over explaining the difference of being Constructive and being Critical??
Thanks,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Gold Medal winner Chinese player Zheng is also on court playing against Frech
Lets see how she performs this fast court suits Zhengs game