2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Muchova wins her comeback match via retirement, she was up 3-1 when Elina Avanesyan retired, Karolina playing her 1st tournament of the year is into the last 16 in Eastbourne

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This time Wozniacki defeated Elina a tight match 75 in the 3rd set
Elina has SF points to defend at Wimbledon this year, 2024 not going as planned
Maybe its gonna take a few weeks to get her grass court game together.. Question... Did Borg ever play a grass court tuned up back in the day?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Scone being Scone in her match against Raducanu losing 60 in the 2nd set, sometimes I wonder why dosent she retire and start a family
She won a title with the hitting partner,maybe she needs to fire Kamau and make her hitting parther the coach.
Sloane is frustrating because she has all the potential to be great.I think it's too late to change because she has made up her mind that she wants to cruise and be mediocre. Losing to Raducanu is humiliating and Scone should be ashamed of herself.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She won a title with the hitting partner,maybe she needs to fire Kamau and make her hitting parther the coach.
Sloane is frustrating because she has all the potential to be great.I think it's too late to change because she has made up her mind that she wants to cruise and be mediocre. Losing to Raducanu is humiliating and Scone should be ashamed of herself.
Tossip
In the first set Scone seem interested even though she lost 64, in the 2nd set she just kept hitting balls to Emma's strike zone, I mean she was just clueless or she just wanted the match to be over

Reactions: tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip
In the first set Scone seem interested even though she lost 64, in the 2nd set she just kept hitting balls to Emma's strike zone, I mean she was just clueless or she just wanted the match to be over
It was the latter.. Sloane is not the player that you want to play a match if your family's well being is at stake. I will ask Kamau Murray his insights about why her motor run so low at times.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA500 Eastbourne Tournament, London
Matches 26th June,
Some really good match ups,

J.Osptenko (5) vs K.Boulter
J.Pegula (2) vs E.Raducanu
S.Kenin vs H.Dart
D.Kasatkina (6) vs Y.Yuan
M.Keys (4) Defending champion vs A.Kalinina
J.Paolini (3) vs E.Mertens
K.Muchova vs M.Linette
L. Fernandez vs A.Krueger

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It was the latter.. Sloane is not the player that you want to play a match if your family's well being is at stake. I will ask Kamau Murray his insights about why her motor run so low at times.
We all know Sloane is a lazy trainer, I personally feel that is one of the reasons at times she runs out of gas.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the last match of the day at the WTA500 Bad Homburg, Germany, match suspended between Samsonova (2) vs Siniakova.
Siniakova won the 1st set 63 and 2 all in the 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA500 Bad Homburg, Germany,
Matches June 26,
Match to be concluded Samsonova (2) vs Siniakova which was suspended, bad light, Siniakova 1st set 63, 2 all 2nd set.

D.Shnaider vs D.Yastremska
E.Navarro (3) vs P.Stearns
C.Wozniacki vs V.Kudermeotva
B.Haddad Maia (4) vs A.Blinkova

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi Tossip.. I truly dont feel its Kamau or the hitting coach.. Its Sloane.. Its just who she is. Sloane has her GS, She has her endorsements,, Sloane is not the competitor Serena is. Or even Vee, Saba or Iga . I was responding to your post and look what came across my google phone.

This says it all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hi Tossip.. I truly dont feel its Kamau or the hitting coach.. Its Sloane.. Its just who she is. Sloane has her GS, She has her endorsements,, Sloane is not the competitor Serena is. I was responding to your post and look what came across my google phone.

This says it all.

Hi AP..she is not serious at all,unless it's her way of copying with the burden of expectation.She is very.low vibrational and Kamau.must be disappointed for sure.How can she be so nonchalant about her career and legacy,as if tennis is an afterthought .She is not appreciative of the privilege that she has...until it's gone.
She can just retire and be a full-time housewife.She doesn't have the drive that Coco has.The youngster has a good work ethic,even though she has limitations she gives her all.
Scone is a gifted athlete but I think she is lazy and just contend with that one slam and mediocre career.This video clip sums up her frame of mind.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi Tossip.. I truly dont feel its Kamau or the hitting coach.. Its Sloane.. Its just who she is. Sloane has her GS, She has her endorsements,, Sloane is not the competitor Serena is. Or even Vee, Saba or Iga . I was responding to your post and look what came across my google phone.

This says it all.

The understatement from Kamu was " Slaone has taught me patience" LOL!
In hindsight I dont think he has been a great fit for Sloane, he is too laid back, she needs a coach to put a bomb under here, just a waste of potential, I thought after she won the USO she would go on with it, pity she has not.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi AP..she is not serious at all,unless it's her way of copying with the burden of expectation.She is very.low vibrational and Kamau.must be disappointed for sure.How can she be so nonchalant about her career and legacy,as if tennis is an afterthought .She is not appreciative of the privilege that she has...until it's gone.
She can just retire and be a full-time housewife.She doesn't have the drive that Coco has.The youngster has a good work ethic,even though she has limitations she gives her all.
Scone is a gifted athlete but I think she is lazy and just contend with that one slam and mediocre career.This video clip sums up her frame of mind.
perfectly stated Tossip.. I mean right afterwards I typed This is who she Is, I had the video on my phone. Yes, Sloane is gonna regret she didnt take advantage of the Non Serena Slam years 2018-2022.. Sloane should have won several slams and really didnt have a challenger to be the top American Female or really male tennis player. Like I said earlier, you dont get too many opportunities to retake a final exam.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
In hindsight I dont think he has been a great fit for Sloane, he is too laid back, she needs a coach to put a bomb under here, just a waste of potential, I thought after she won the USO she would go on with it, pity she has not.
MM, there no gunpowder, no candle wick, no gasoline in Sloane. It just not in her. I would have to say the same for Gael Monfils but to a lesser degree. Keys has the fire but dont have the tennis calm to play at the top of her level during the critical parts of the match. You have to play this game like someone is trying to snatch food from your families' table. Heck, Sloane plays like she will give you her place at the table and serve you a nice drink while you are enjoying the meal. Just my two cents worth.

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM, there no gunpowder, no candle wick, no gasoline in Sloane. It just not in her. I would have to say the same for Gael Monfils but to a lesser degree. Keys has the fire but dont have the tennis calm to play at the top of her level during the critical parts of the match. You have to play this game like someone is trying to snatch food from your families' table. Heck, Sloane plays like she will give you her place at the table and serve you a nice drink while you are enjoying the meal. Just my two cents worth.
As I said it is a 'shame' cause she had the potential to win more GS, she doesnt have a 'champion mentality' to start with, I mean a player can have all the shots in the world but if they dont have the 'hunger' they can forget about it, the game today is 80% mental, Sloane fits into that category, as I said I dont know why she is still on the tour? maybe her home life dosent warrant her to be there full time.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
As I said it is a 'shame' cause she had the potential to win more GS, she doesnt have a 'champion mentality' to start with, I mean a player can have all the shots in the world but if they dont have the 'hunger' they can forget about it, the game today is 80% mental, Sloane fits into that category, as I said I dont know why she is still on the tour? maybe her home life dosent warrant her to be there full time.
Agreed its a Shame. Well Let's give her credit, she made a grand slam final at RG and won the US Open. When she is engaged she can produce some inspiring tennis. Well, we know if its up to @kskate2 Keli, Sloane 's snt gonna make it to the HOF. jajaja I know Keli likes Sloane but was hoping she would be able to carry on the heavy shoes legacy of the Williams Sistas.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed its a Shame. Well Let's give her credit, she made a grand slam final at RG and won the US Open. When she is engaged she can produce some inspiring tennis. Well, we know if its up to @kskate2 Keli, Sloane 's snt gonna make it to the HOF. jajaja I know Keli likes Sloane but was hoping she would be able to carry on the heavy shoes legacy of the Williams Sistas.
When was the last time she 'was engaged'? in a tennis match, also when behind she gives up, like today in her match against Emma in the 2nd set? she kept going to Emma's strike zone? and didnt win a point 6-0 in the 2nd set.
As I said Sloane hasnt for starters got a champions mentality? The Williams sisters were a great example of a Champion Mentality, Serena probably has the greatest mentality of any
womens tennis player, in her prime, Serena just buckled down and just refused to lose full stop.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
MM. she's had "fire in the belly" coaches (Annacone, Roig), but it didn't matter. They probably saw uncompetitive and lazy work ethic and was like hell to the naw.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She didn't have to the fill the shoes of the Sistas (no one can). She just needed to develop and maximize that talent her way and she would have been aight. But no, she's a lazy satisfied so and so and even Mugu has better career numbers than Scone. It's really unacceptable.