2024 WTA News & Gossip

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Caroline won first set against Navarro but slipped again on the grass so I'm a bit worried although she plays well
1719502883972.png

And as i predicted - second set was a different affair after Caros fall in first set. Second set 6-1 to Navarro. And Woz retired after first game in third set
1719504676599.png

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Caroline won first set against Navarro but slipped again on the grass so I'm a bit worried although she plays well
View attachment 9549

And as i predicted - second set was a different affair after Caros fall in first set. Second set 6-1 to Navarro. And Woz retired after first game in third set
View attachment 9550
Many players sad to say both women and men have had falls on the slippery grass before Wimbledon I hope Caro is okay, she has done the smart thing to retire

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sigh!

Muchova withdrew before her QF match against Keys at Eastbourne wrist problem? she had surgery earlier this year on her wrist, I hope she will be okay, another thought seeing this is her 1st tournament back since last year, the wrist could be sore from not playing

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
WTA500 Eastbourne, London
Matches June 27th
QFs,

(WC) Dart vs Fernandez
(4) Keys defending champion vs Muchova
(3) Paolini vs Boulter
(WC) Raducanu vs (6) Kasatkina
NOTE:,
For the first time in over 40 years 3 Brtitish players are into the QFs
And the British invasion of Eastbourne is over. All 3 lost in the QF's in straight sets

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the last QF match at Easbourne,

Kastakina had no trouble in defeating Raducanu 62 62, in windy conidtions

That meant that the 3 British players were all defeated in their QFs matches, last time 3 British players made the QFs at Eastbourne was in 1975!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Found this quote from Karolina Muchova reason she withdrew before her match against Keys in QF match at Eastbourne ( source Tennis Weekly Podcast)

" It was my first tournament back after awhile and didn't know how my body would react.Today I woke up and when I tried to warm up the body and wrist was a little stiff.I'm in touch with my medical team back in Prague and they recommend that I did not risk it with Wimbledon around the corner".

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Goodness Me!

Elena Rybakina has withdrawn from Eastbourne
She's been training and looking healthy the last few days, her withdrawal is unrelated to her illness in Berlin? ( stomach pain)
Maybe she is now allergic to grass :)
I will wait for the 'official reason of her withdrawal this time?
Quite frankly I am over Rybakina, sad thing is she can play great tennis, these constant withdrawals from tournaments, is doing herself no favors at all,

Offical reason why Rybakina withdrew, due to a change of schedule, which is basically meaningless
Harriet Dart will now play LL Sofia Kenin
Reading up, it seems she has really bad pollen allergies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Reading up, it seems she has really bad pollen allergies.
Elena has also had back problems, stomach problems, latest withdrawal change of schedule? she is becoming ' too precious' as far as I am concerned, she also dosent seem to have a lot of energy, I suggested earlier she needs to get a full blood count, I believe she is lacking in certain minerals and vitimans in her system, sad part about her she has a great game 'when she is healthy' being a former Wimbledon champion, she has the game to win again on grass, at present I dont know if she can win this year, the draw will be a factor I guess and if she can remain healthy

Reactions: kskate2

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Elena has also had back problems, stomach problems, latest withdrawal change of schedule? she is becoming ' too precious' as far as I am concerned, she also dosent seem to have a lot of energy, I suggested earlier she needs to get a full blood count, I believe she is lacking in certain minerals and vitimans in her system, sad part about her she has a great game 'when she is healthy' being a former Wimbledon champion, she has the game to win again on grass, at present I dont know if she can win this year, the draw will be a factor I guess and if she can remain healthy
Her face always looks a bit pale and sickly to me so quite possible what you mentioned above. Maybe she took multiple Fauci ouchies and it destroyed her immune system. Plenty of people with that problem now. Who knows.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of SFs, WTA500 Eastbourne, London

L.Fernandez d defending champion M.Keys 63 36 63

D.Kasatkina d Paolini 36 75 63

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe I will catch the replay on TC plus
Okay, I recorded the match myself as after the draws for Wimbledon I went back to bed and just woke up
I wasnt surprised that Kasatkina won she loves the grass and has a good record at Eastbourne,she will be hard to beat in the final

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA500 Eastbourne, London,
Final, June 29th

D.Kastakina (6) vs L.Fernandez H2H Kastakina 2-0 First meeting on grass.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA500 Bad Homburg, Germany
Final, June 29th,

D.Shnaider vs D.Vekic 1st meeting
BTW Vekic is 0-3 in WTA500 finals.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great both WTA finals starting around the same time!

Bad Hombourg Tournament,
D.Shnaider won the 1st set 63 over Vekic