2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jasmine is seems like a refreshing personality to be currently in the top tier of the tour.. win or lose. Bravo to her parents, her team and herself. She appears to be so humble. Very much like Venus.
Yes she is very humble and seems to be enjoying her game a lot.

Reactions: shawnbm

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry I dont know what the fuss is with Lelyah for her limited weapons I suppose she does okay she wont win a GS title, her serve for one is poor
Huh.. I dont get what you are referring to "fuss" with Leylah.. Can you clarify? Neither one of the players have any real weapons especially serving.. A weapon to me is Rybakina's serve, Saba's (EVERYTHING), Iga's FH and bh, Coco's speed and BH. Miss Lil Bit and Miss Babyface doesnt possess anything that really gonna stress their opponent. e.g. Ostapenko has weapons because she is playing high risk first strike tennis. just my two cents worth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Huh.. I dont get what you are referring to "fuss" with Leylah.. Can you clarify? Neither one of the players have any real weapons especially serving.. A weapon to me is Rybakina's serve, Saba's (EVERYTHING), Iga's FH and bh, Coco's speed and BH. Miss Lil Bit and Miss Babyface doesnt possess anything that really gonna stress their opponent. e.g. Ostapenko has weapons because she is playing high risk first strike tennis. just my two cents worth
I am just not a fan okay, I feel Jazz is a better player on all surfaces, I think she has proven herself this year.You can like Leylah we all cant like the same players,lets leave it at that.
I am not saying Jazz is winning Wimbledon, I have picked Rybakina from the start of the tournament,
Lets see how Jazz goes in the SF a firs time a Italian woman has made the SF at Wimbledon

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is Jazz results so far this year to back up why she is a better player than Lelyah on all surfaces
1 1000 WTA tiitle on HC
1 GS S/f on grass
1 GS final on clay
Now a top 5 player!

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jasmine has already beaten Rybakina at a slam.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jasmine has already beaten Rybakina at a slam.
Playing in a GS event is a different, Elena has the best serve in tennis, which gives her free points, especially on grass
Lets see how Jazz goes in her SF first,

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Playing in a GS event is a different, Elena has the best serve in tennis, which gives her free points, especially on grass
Lets see how Jazz goes in her SF first,
She has to go through Svitolina first to get to sf then final.All the players left on the draw are mentally capable of stopping her.Penko ,Barbora and Svitolina are no slouches.Two are already slam champions so they know how to win at a big event.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She has to go through Svitolina first to get to sf then final.All the players left on the draw are mentally capable of stopping her.Penko ,Barbora and Svitolina are no slouches.Two are already slam champions so they know how to win at a big event.
Of course lets not count our chickens before they hatch
Still Rybakina sent a very strong message to the rest of the tournament when she allowed Woz only 1 game, she was In The Zone and Umplayable, her best surface is grass,

Status
Not open for further replies.