2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay 6 games all now in the 2nd set between Osta and Barbora, Barbora won the 1st set 64
Barbora really mixing things up in her match and frustraing Osta, though at times it dosent take much to frustrate Osta :)
Well this is a shock in ways,
Krejcikova who hasnt had a great year d Ostapenko 64 76(4) to move into the SFs

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay 6 games all now in the 2nd set between Osta and Barbora, Barbora won the 1st set 64
Barbora really mixing things up in her match and frustraing Osta, though at times it dosent take much to frustrate Osta :)
Well this is a shock in ways,
Krejcikova who hasnt had a great year d Ostapenko 64 76(4) to move into the SFs
Wow that's was to complete butt whippings

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina serving for the match 5-2 another wonderful display of aggressive grass court tennis, her 1st serve percentage points won 83% just one aspect of her game today
Rybakina d Svitolina 63 62 she takes her place in the SF, she continues to be the 'Player to beat' at Wimbledon
Well done Rybakina!

Rybakina W 28 UFE 15 Svitolina W 8 UFE 8

One of my commentators said Svitolina had no game plan at all
Elina got blasted off the floor

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Due to wet weather Mixed Doubles final will now be holed on Sunday July 14th after the Mens Singles Final,

Saturday 13th July
From 2pm on CC
Ladies Singles Final
Gentlemans Doubles Final
Ladies Double Final

Sunday 14th July, From 2pm on CC
Gentlemans Singles Final
Mixed Doubles Final

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Ash Bsrty and Casey had a winning return in the Invitational Doubles at Wimbledon today defeating Petovic/Rybarikova 57 63 10-7

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One of the biggest take away's from the Women's QFs was Ostapenko actually hugging Krejcikova after she lost, usually she just slaps out her hand and dosent even look at her opponent when she loses, is this a turn around for Ostapenko, lets see how she behaves after her next lost, i am not 100% convinced :)

• Haha

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 11 SF Round, July 11, 2024

1720652453435.png

1720652593777.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco needs to dump Jess. I knew they would loose vs my girl Su- Wei
Su Weii is riding a impressive winning streak presently at Wimbledon, she is one of my all time fav doubles players!
Jess and Coco still plan to play doubles in the Olympics for USA, probably a reason why they teamed up at Wimbledon seeing Jess missed the whole clay court season due to her neck injury

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies SFs.

Jasmine Paolini (7) vs Donna Vekic H2H Paolini 2-1 This is their first meeting on grass.,

Jazz has continued to find form on grass, making her 1st Wimbledon semi final, in her previous QF match she played a controlled ,aggressive game against Emma Navorro a player she had not defeated in 3 previous clashes, in straight sets 62 61.
Jazz began the year No 30 and will be at least No5 on Monday when the new rankings come out.
If Jazz can defeat Vekic she could become the first women to play at Wimbledon and Roland Garros in the same years since Serena Williams in 2016.

Donna Vekic, came back from a set down to defeat the qualifier Lulu Sun, in an impressive match 57 64 61. Vekic, 28, has recovered from a difficult knee surgery and had thoughts of retirement, though she has attacked the grass season with a vengeance, Wimbledon is her 4th event in over one month ans she's won 10 of 13 matches, Donna loves the grass, a player you cannot take lightly she has solid grass skills.

Elena Rybakina (4) vs Barbora Krejcikova (31) H2H Krejcikova 2-0 most recent match Oct 2022 HC., this is their first meeting on grass,

An impressive stat for Rybalina she has played 21 career matches at Wimbledon and won 19 of them., her recent QF match against last years SF Elina Svitolina was impressive in all departments, 63 62.Rybakina has had 31 aces through five matches more than any of the semi finalists, it is a major advantage on grass, she is one of the biggest ball strikers on the tour.

Barbora Krejcikova, it has been a streaky year for Krejcijova, injuries have played a part, she has defeated 2 Top 15 players, Ostapenko and Collins in consecutive matches for the first time, she has a knack for rising to the major occasions, the burning question is can she ride to the occasion in the semi final and defeat Rybakina?

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
My gosh, I really hate women's quarterfinal matches being played on Wednesday. They should be all played on Tuesday and all the men's QFs on Wednesday, like it was historically done at Wimbledon. Plus, it would make it a lot easier to do polls for the women's semis. Of course, leave it to Wimbledon to take away the best parts of its tradition, while continuing the worst.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My gosh, I really hate women's quarterfinal matches being played on Wednesday. They should be all played on Tuesday and all the men's QFs on Wednesday, like it was historically done at Wimbledon. Plus, it would make it a lot easier to do polls for the women's semis. Of course, leave it to Wimbledon to take away the best parts of its tradition, while continuing the worst
This above posts are for the SF for Wimbledon so your post is a tad late.

Status
Not open for further replies.