Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 10 QF Round, July 10, 2024

1720574278698.png

1720574312340.png

1720574406885.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks. I'm watching the replay as I didn't see it earlier.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Huh.. I dont get what you are referring to "fuss" with Leylah.. Can you clarify? Neither one of the players have any real weapons especially serving.. A weapon to me is Rybakina's serve, Saba's (EVERYTHING), Iga's FH and bh, Coco's speed and BH. Miss Lil Bit and Miss Babyface doesnt possess anything that really gonna stress their opponent. e.g. Ostapenko has weapons because she is playing high risk first strike tennis. just my two cents worth
I have to disagree a bit there. Jaz has really worked on her serve. She can clock it in the mid teens. She hits her FH pretty hard for a slight player and it has a bit of zip on it. When she's really on her game, she doesn't make many donations. It's why she's excelled this year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't understand why TC would chop up this match. It was only 57 min to start with. Why not play all the matches through for folks who may have missed it? I mean it's the TC it's not like they have anything else to show.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies QFs matches Top Half Of The Draw,

E.Rybakina (4) vs E.Svitolina (21) H2H 2 all, Rybakina won their recent match at Eastbourne in straight sets.

Rybakina a former Wimbledon champion, who is my pick to win the title again this year, has the perfect recipe for winning on grass, she plays aggressive brand of tennis and has the best serve at present leading the WTA tour, Rybakina has got to the QFs playing impressive tennis.
Svitolina last years semi finalist has the brand of tennis to frustrate Rybakina, she varies the pace, with slice and solid defensive skills with her ability to keep the ball in play , though will that be enough to stop Rybakina?

J. Ostapenko (13) vs B.Krejcikova (31) H2H Ostapenko 5-2

Of course we all know that Ostapenko's biggest fan is rapper Lil Wayne didnt we? :)
Ostapenkp a former Wimbledon junior champion at 17, has dropped only 15 games in four matches, defeated Putintseva in her last match 62 63 with ease. her last encounter with Krejcikova was last year at Birmingham, grass which she won in straight sets.Osatapenko plays a brand of tennis, first strike on every surface, has not put in a 'shocker' at all so far in the tournament, which she is apt to do when things appear her game is 'on song' can Krejcikova who has found some form do just that? she has struggled with injuries over the past 2 years, missed 2 months earlier this year with a back injury, her match against Collins in straight sets was impressive, a contrast in styles.Tune in and find out.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies QFs matches Top Half Of The Draw,

E.Rybakina (4) vs E.Svitolina (21) H2H 2 all, Rybakina won their recent match at Eastbourne in straight sets.

Rybakina a former Wimbledon champion, who is my pick to win the title again this year, has the perfect recipe for winning on grass, she plays aggressive brand of tennis and has the best serve at present leading the WTA tour, Rybakina has got to the QFs playing impressive tennis.
Svitolina last years semi finalist has the brand of tennis to frustrate Rybakina, she varies the pace, with slice and solid defensive skills with her ability to keep the ball in play , though will that be enough to stop Rybakina?

J. Ostapenko (13) vs B.Krejcikova (31) H2H Ostapenko 5-2

Of course we all know that Ostapenko's biggest fan is rapper Lil Wayne didnt we? :)
Ostapenkp a former Wimbledon junior champion at 17, has dropped only 15 games in four matches, defeated Putintseva in her last match 62 63 with ease. her last encounter with Krejcikova was last year at Birmingham, grass which she won in straight sets.Osatapenko plays a brand of tennis, first strike on every surface, has not put in a 'shocker' at all so far in the tournament, which she is apt to do when things appear her game is 'on song' can Krejcikova who has found some form do just that? she has struggled with injuries over the past 2 years, missed 2 months earlier this year with a back injury, her match against Collins in straight sets was impressive, a contrast in styles.Tune in and find out.
Ostapenko may blow her doors off or it will be a close match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not surprised about Osta, it may go 3 sets
She hasnt played one of her matches where she can go off as yet, maybe this is the one lol!
BTW did you read the news Alex de Minaur had to withdraw MRI showed a crack in his hip, Novak gets a walkover to the SFs

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am watching live match between Rybakina v Svitolina
Elina broken at the start of the match, broke back, then Elena did control of the 1st set, she broke Elina to love, 1st set 63

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She hasnt played one of her matches where she can go off as yet, maybe this is the one lol!
BTW did you read the news Alex de Minaur had to withdraw MRI showed a crack in his hip, Novak gets a walkover to the SFs
True..well I said it could go blow out or a tough one but Osta would be driving the bus either way..
Another walkover for Novak..must have soul his to the underworld because he gets breaks even tennis Gods would not allow. I can't see anything stopping him from going to the final.. where's that US Open female line judge

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
True..well I said it could go blow out or a tough one but Osta would be driving the bus either way..
Another walkover for Novak..must have soul his to the underworld because he gets breaks even tennis Gods would not allow. I can't see anything stopping him from going to the final.. where's that US Open female line judge
As far as I was concerned he had a very favorable draw to begin with, it just got 100 times easier, feel for Alex he was having his best grass season ever, and will also now miss the Olympics

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ostapenko loses her 1st set of the tournament to Krejikova 63
Committed 13 UFE, though I have seen Osta UFE higher than that in a 1st set :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina serving for the match 5-2 another wonderful display of aggressive grass court tennis, her 1st serve percentage points won 83% just one aspect of her game today
Rybakina d Svitolina 63 62 she takes her place in the SF, she continues to be the 'Player to beat' at Wimbledon
Well done Rybakina!

Rybakina W 28 UFE 15 Svitolina W 8 UFE 8

One of my commentators said Svitolina had no game plan at all

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.