2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh well a 3 sets win for Novak who moves on to the QFs did anyone really think Rune had a chance of upsetting him, his level of play has been sub par so far this year.
Rune has had too many coaching interruptions, this year, yes he has the potential, lets wait and see if he can reach that potential

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh well a 3 sets win for Novak who moves on to the QFs did anyone really think Rune had a chance of upsetting him, his level of play has been sub par so far this year.
Rune has had too many coaching interruptions, this year, yes he has the potential, lets wait and see if he can reach that potential
I thought he did. I believe he has a lot of upside. He's still very young, and I think it's silly to write him off at 21 or whatever he is.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW not good news for Zverev,
Zverev has confirmed a MRI scan yesterday showred he had a bone edema in his knee ( basically bruising) and a tear in his knee capsule.Issue does not need surgery should heal over time

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought he did. I believe he has a lot of upside. He's still very young, and I think it's silly to write him off at 21 or whatever he is.
I never said he did not okay, I am not writing him off did I say that? he also has had too many coaching changes this year for my liking,of course he has great potential, hopefully he reaches it

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, Novak. Anyone listening to this? The "Gooooood night" was kind of funny, but now he just seems bitter. Its that old chip on his shoulder for being less loved than he (thinks he) deserves.
Attention seeker is at it again, that chip he just cant get rid of :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev also confirms that he was upset with some people in Fritz's box who 'dont faint' may not be from the tennis world?
Zverev said 'they were a bit over the top!
Probably friends of Frtiz's GF who is an influencer:)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
OK, Novak. Anyone listening to this? The "Gooooood night" was kind of funny, but now he just seems bitter. Its that old chip on his shoulder for being less loved than he (thinks he) deserves.

Anyone = @Fiero425...Can't believe you make me do this again! The MAN certanly has a freakin' chip on his shoulder! True enuf he's never gotten "The LOVE" that Fedal enjoyed & never will! He can be on his last legs at 40 years old & the detractors will continue to annoyingly detract! If this was Fedal playing anywhere near this level, the accolades w/b plentiful! Djokovic hasn't won anything this season so his motivation has to be low as he has nothing else to prove! Like Gauf after winning her USO, she gave credit to "the haters!" Whatever floats this man's boat is alright w/ me! He's playing the role of "Rosewall" in 1974! So far he's hardly embarrassed himself as Connors did at both Wimbledon & the USO over the old man, lovingly called "Muscles!" :face-with-head-bandage::astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: El Dude

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are around,

Finally got some info on the injury that Alex de Minaur sustained on MP in his match against Fils
It is a slight hip injury, though De Minaur says he will be okay

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, the Wimbledon grass has chewed up Hubie Hurkacz, Grigor Dimitrov and Alexander Zverev, and has maybe done something to de Minaur's ankle. But the old guy who came in with the knee injury is still standing. He really is amazing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So, the Wimbledon grass has chewed up Hubie Hurkacz, Grigor Dimitrov and Alexander Zverev, and has maybe done something to de Minaur's ankle. But the old guy who came in with the knee injury is still standing. He really is amazing.
I just read it was Alex hip

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
AP if you are around,

Finally got some info on the injury that Alex de Minaur sustained on MP in his match against Fils
It is a slight hip injury, though De Minaur says he will be okay
Oh...I had just read it was ankle, but that from The Daily Mail, and they're pretty unreliable. Anyway, glad he'll be OK.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This year at Wimbledon we have seen soo many injuries on the slippery grass and bad injuries, knees, with many players having to withdraw.
Usually the 2nd week at Wimbledon the grass is not as slippery, hopefully no more injuries as we go into the business week at Wimbledon

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude,
You and I are fans of Gill Gross and his podcasts, general tennis commentary,
Gill just posted,
Rune started his career 7-1 against Top 5 opponents'
He's 0-10 since then?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I find that amazing too. A man with a gimpy knee is still standing, while others are getting injured.

Looks like Rune played a same match like last year against Alcaraz, he never got into the match. I'm a bit disappointed in him, expected more than a handful of games. But that's Novak too, he plays the best when he needs to. Rune has a lot to think about, his level of play is going down rapidly, he can't beat the top 10 guys anymore.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This year at Wimbledon we have seen soo many injuries on the slippery grass and bad injuries, knees, with many players having to withdraw.
Usually the 2nd week at Wimbledon the grass is not as slippery, hopefully no more injuries as we go into the business week at Wimbledon
I' m sure the roof being closed is not helping w/ the slippery courts either. So much for this being an outdoor tourney. This is day 8 and the roof has been in play almost everyday

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.