2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey, I was just wondering about your trip to Wimbledon...how did you enjoy it?
1720464562089.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Where's Djokovic going? He's gotta pee that bad?

Reactions: Fiero425

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why? Compared to which nations? I have never been to Italy and am curious.
Italy is the most beautiful country. The architecture is breathtaking!! Itsly is a time capsule. There are beautiful cities the whole country, no matter where you go. Then you have the food. Italians don’t eat rubbish!! Every dish is delicious, believe me. Then you have the people. I like the kindness, the temperament, the humor, the swearing etc. And Italians are good looking!!

Additionally, now there are high speed train services from Milan to other major tourist destinations including Naples, Venice, Salerno etc. I love the Frecciarossa Train that can reach 360 kn/h. About 200 miles an hour.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why? Compared to which nations? I have never been to Italy and am curious.
It's fabulous! You lived in Spain, right? I've lived in both. Great food, great art everywhere, beautiful countryside, scenery, lots of coast, lots of islands....I could go on, but I have to watch the tennis and you get the idea. :)

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak is mullering Holger Rune on CC - but is confused why he is being booed?
Umpire Nico Helworth has to explain they arent booing him, they are shouting "RUUUNE' ;)

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune is capable of such beautiful tennis - he really is quite a talent. He's got finesse, power, speed, movement, and a ton of shots.

It is weird, because on one hand I question whether he'll ever get over the hump. On the other, I don't see how he won't eventually - and soon.

And Novak is playing him like he's a talent, not a chump.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
For comparison's sake, Holger--at 21 years old and 3 months--is the same age Jannik Sinner was at the end of 2022. Jannik had won 5 titles and was the year-end #10, so Holger's actually been more successful over all, with a #11 and #8 finish so far and the Masters title (but 4 titles overall).

Anyhow, it was another year before Jannik broke out and won the Australian Open.

It may be that Holger has the weight of unfair expectations, after his crazy end of 2022. Maybe we should reframe that as a preview of his potential, and the player he's been for the last couple years is actually where he's at...a young guy on the rise, with some things to work on.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Who does Novak have to play next.. the energizer bunny Alex.. He will be better than Rune. El Dude.. I am off the bandwagon.
Well Alex apparently from what I read, cause I had a nap, injured himself at MP and hobbled over to his box, just trying to get more info

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It really doesn't get better than that match-up, and thankfully no Jim Courier.

What's your problem w/ our own Jim Courier? His sycophant act too much for ya? Sometimes I think Jimmy Arias can outdo him in his reverence for all players of every generation! Being positive helps keep a job! Even if I were the best at something, I'd alienate people to distraction thru my own negativity! It's in my DNA to keep the universal balance! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Status
Not open for further replies.