2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Veteran or more experienced grand slam player won the match..
More experienced is a better choice of words, 22yo isnt classed as a veteran in my world, anyway a great result for Lorenzo, grass has never been his fav surface, what a tournament he is having at Wimbledon, Italy has 2 players in the QFs first time in Open Era history!

Reactions: Front242

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
More experienced is a better choice of words, 22yo isnt classed as a veteran in my world, anyway a great result for Lorenzo, grass has never been his fav surface, what a tournament he is having at Wimbledon, Italy has 2 players in the QFs first time in Open Era history!
I don't think anyone really cares about the words veteran or more experienced player but you and iohama ..no biggie for me..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think anyone really cares about the words veteran or more experienced player but you and iohama ..no biggie for me..
Okay lets not make a federal case about it :) when I see the word veteran it just reminds me of an older person that is all

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex looks the 'goods' presently getting the break back in the 2nd set and now leading 2 sets to love over Fils

'

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
'Okay lets not make a federal case about it :) when I see the word veteran it just reminds me of an older person that is all
Yesterday I said muscle strain, you say adductor muscle, tomorrow someone may say " Islands of Adventures" is in Disneyland but you will correct them by informing them its actually Disney World. No biggie to me.. no federal case here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yesterday I said muscle strain, you say adductor muscle, tomorrow someone may say " Islands of Adventures" is in Disneyland but you will correct them by informing them its actually Disney World. No biggie to me.. no federal case here.
Please move on okay and lets watch this match in progress thanks apparently it is a biggie case to you as you apparently cant let it go and keep on about it , having a snark about me at the end of you post, about me correcting? :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun Fact!
For those that dont know,
Since 1986, any player who reaches the singles quarter finals at Wimbledon automatically gets granted tickets to the event and access to the hospitality suite for the "rest of their lives'
It's called 'The Last 8 Club :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie if you are around,
Just watching Zverev, who had that bad fall in his previous match, it does look like his movement is compromised at present, on serve early in the 1st set against Fritz

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m hoping/predicting little Holger takes down Djokovic in four tough sets
Hey, I was just wondering about your trip to Wimbledon...how did you enjoy it?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie if you are around,
Just watching Zverev, who had that bad fall in his previous match, it does look like his movement is compromised at present, on serve early in the 1st set against Fritz
I haven't seen much of this, more than scores. Is Zverev having problems with movement still? Fritz up the early break in the 5th.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't seen much of this, more than scores. Is Zverev having problems with movement still? Fritz up the early break in the 5th.
I just came back from a nap, I thought the match would be over, just tuning in now

Status
Not open for further replies.