2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If I remmber rightly you and I were on the same page with Novak not playing?
So it isnt a contradiction from my end, Yes I undersand it is a tennis forum lol!
Stop being soo picky thanks
People here today are soo touchy lol!
Players have been slipping on this grass with injuries Hubi, Kok, Dimi all with knee injuries all had to withdraw
No I dont think Novak can win at Wimbledon,if you read my previous statements regarding Novak I thought you would have picked that up by now
Yes, we agreed, I think, that it was unwise for him to play. But then you make so little of the surgery As if to say, why shouldn't he play? And also, you say, he's agreed to play, so that's on him. All fair, but a bit all over the place. Not being picky, just trying to be clear.

The only one touchy today is you. I know you do 24/7 to watch from Oz, so grading on a curve. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Why dont we discuss the players that are playing tomorrow other than Novak this isnt all about Novak is it?
My Italian has to face Perricard though he did beat him in the Boss Open on grass recently in SS
Remember we covered the Perricard is not a true Servebot yesterday when we tried to discuss Big Frenchie Perricard but you did like the direction because we didnt talk much about the Italian

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why dont we discuss the players that are playing tomorrow other than Novak this isnt all about Novak is it?
My Italian has to face Perricard though he did beat him in the Boss Open on grass recently in SS
I've discussed that match, and I'm very interested in it. Not discussed: Fritz v. Zverev, Fils v. de Minaur. I think Fritz can give Zverev a run, but the German is running happily under the radar and I'd be surprised if Fritz can take him. Zverev does a lot of what Fritz does, but better. But if could get pouty, and Zverev goes off the boil more than Fritz, when he gets cranky. Fritz should make him cranky.

Fils v de Minaur: Hard to know enough about Fils, but I do think he has various weapons, and can out hit Alex, for sure. Craftiness v. power?

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, we agreed, I think, that it was unwise for him to play. But then you make so little of the surgery As if to say, why shouldn't he play? And also, you say, he's agreed to play, so that's on him. All fair, but a bit all over the place. Not being picky, just trying to be clear.

The only one touchy today is you. I know you do 24/7 to watch from Oz, so grading on a curve. LOL!
Of course I am the touchy one lol!
For the last time I dont think he should play Capice
It was his decision to play? out of our hands
No he wont win Wimbledon
Lets Move On!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I've discussed that match, and I'm very interested in it. Not discussed: Fritz v. Zverev, Fils v. de Minaur. I think Fritz can give Zverev a run, but the German is running happily under the radar and I'd be surprised if Fritz can take him. Zverev does a lot of what Fritz does, but better. But if could get pouty, and Zverev goes off the boil more than Fritz, when he gets cranky. Fritz should make him cranky.

Fils v de Minaur: Hard to know enough about Fils, but I do think he has various weapons, and can out hit Alex, for sure. Craftiness v. power?
Wow I forgotten about Fils.. the French have done very well this tournament so far. I agree i think Fils can out gunned Alex but it may be a battle. I really havent seen that much of Arthur Fils.. its been Carlos, Jannik and Novak.. over and over..

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow I forgotten about Fils.. the French have done very well this tournament so far. I agree i think Fils can out gunned Alex but it may be a battle. I really havent seen that much of Arthur Fils.. its been Carlos, Jannik and Novak.. over and over..
Actually Fils played a good match when he defeated Hubi, best I have seen him play in awhile, regardless that Hubi had to retire in his knee injury sad to say
Fils does have better weapons that Alex

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually Fils played a good match when he defeated Hubi, best I have seen him play in awhile, regardless that Hubi had to retire in his knee injury sad to say
Fils does have better weapons that Alex
That should be an interesting match to watch. Contrasting styles. Fils has more weapons, de Minaur he more seasoned. I'm curious about this one.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That should be an interesting match to watch. Contrasting styles. Fils has more weapons, de Minaur he more seasoned. I'm curious about this one.
Maybe Alex being more seasoned can win, indeed a contrast in styles

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 8 Round 4, July 8, 2024

1720405515125.png

1720405587859.png

1720405641464.png

1720405776475.png

1720405844777.png

1720405912021.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How is Mpetshi Piccard doing? I heard he serves like Karlovic.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Big Frenchie in a spot of bother. Split sets w/ Musetti, but is down a break in the 3rd.

7 aces so far, but 8 doubs
I see the veteran Musetti is too crafty for Big Frenchie.. good playing by the Italian

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Looks like Frenchies luck is running out and Musetti will take the win

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Fatto Lorenzo! what a grass season you are having making the QFs at Wimbledon, on your least fav surface grass!
Italy now has 2 players in the QFs at Wimbledon first time in Open Era history ( please dont tell Andrew Castle)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I see the veteran Musetti is too crafty for Big Frenchie.. good playing by the Italian
When did 22yo become a veteran all of a sudden :) I told you last time they played at the Boss Open recently Lorenzo defeated Perricard in SS
Lorenzo Forza!

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Alex is up for a great beginning of the match against Fils - leading 5-1

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex is up for a great beginning of the match against Fils - leading 5-1
We were talking yesterday, thinking the more seasoned player in Alex probably would win this match, good start from Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.