2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'm going to tell your husband you called Sampras a serve-bot! (Although that's why I never like him.) I don't think AP loves serve bots. I mean, who does? That said. I'm liking Mpetxhi Parricard. I have no explanation.

In Pete's game, it was his serve that made the difference! How many times was he down a break pt. or 2 & would somehow come up w/ a 2nd serve ACE? On Pete's better days, his serve was just a bonus! He could wear out Agassi from the baseline when "in the zone!" It's every day fare on every point, but back in the day you only had a handful of great points that lasted 20-34 balls in a rally! I can still see Pete running Andre around like a chicken w/ his head cut off! Sampas would rocket a forehand cross-court leaving it open for Agassi's weak reply! Another favorite match would be Pete out-thinking the master, Nichael Chang at Wimbledon! Sampras would run him around a lot, but needed to show off his touch and feel at the net making Chang look foolish! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Reminds me a lot of the Coco Gauff situation. A coach like Brad Gilbert would do wonders for Ben Shelton.
He definitely needs a proper coach and it's been mentioned several times here. W/ the right coach, he likely wins that TB today.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He definitely needs a proper coach and it's been mentioned several times here. W/ the right coach, he likely wins that TB today.
Sorry I disagree there with a proper coach Ben might have won the TB, Sinner has won the last 8 TBs he has been in, he didnt panic in that TB,,as usual kept his calm, Ben goes for too much on his shots, he has to learn how to play 'percentage tennis' under these type of circumstances, in a tight contest.Sinner saved SP in that TB and he is cool as a cucumber, thats a mark of a very good player

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry I disagree there with a proper coach Ben might have won the TB, Sinner has won the last 8 TBs he has been in, he didnt panic in that TB,,as usual kept his calm, Ben goes for too much on his shots, he has to learn how to play 'percentage tennis' under these type of circumstances, in a tight contest.Sinner saved SP in that TB and he is cool as a cucumber, thats a mark of a very good player
Ben plays with the girl he brought to the dance.. his power is raw and unharness, just like Frances, its who they are.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Monfils is a free spirit and other players say that he is very kind.That is currency that no one can take from him .
I am just pointing out a fact that Gael likes to be a showman on court at times thats all , geez I am not putting him down at all, people here are touchy today lol!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Being a showman on court at times can bring you undone, lets also look at Monfils?
True ..MM Ben was a player that took a few sets to get his tennis legs or as Johnny Mac say also, his second wind. Ben played doubles last night..way too much tennis

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
True ..MM Ben was a player that took a few sets to get his tennis legs or as Johnny Mac say also, his second wind. Ben played doubles last night..way too much tennis
Is Ben still in the doubles by the way? regardless Ben would not win against Sinner:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Paul took the express route to victory defeating Baustista Agut 62 76(3) 62 to set up a QF meeting with Carlos Alcaraz

Shame another knee injury on the grass, Dimitrov having to retire in his match against Meddy

Meddy will now face Sinner in the other QF match

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know if Patrick is still around, but if he isn't the Dane better call him to get the game plan for victory against Djoke. I would give the ole man exactly what he signed up for. He thinks he can win 7 matches on a bum knee against a posse of youngsters, let's find out how serious he is. I would move him around at least 5 shots looking for my opening to pull the trigger. Mix it up, go junkyard dog on Djoke. If he doesn't hit himself out of it, he can win this in 4 sets.
I thought this was a good, pithy analysis. I just read the below assessment of Novak's game so far this Championships. Note that he's definitely winning the shorter points (0-4 shots) at a much higher rate than last year, and the longer ones at a much lower rate. Let's see if Holger and Patrick listen to you. Particularly as to goin all "junkyard dog" on him. I love that! :lulz1:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Paul took the express route to victory defeating Baustista Agut 62 76(3) 62 to set up a QF meeting with Carlos Alcaraz

Shame another knee injury on the grass, Dimitrov having to retire in his match against Meddy

Meddy will now face Sinner in the other QF match
If Holger CAN'T take Novak out , it's up to Sascha Zverev in the semis..is that correct?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought this was a good, pithy analysis. I just read the below assessment of Novak's game so far this Championships. Note that he's definitely winning the shorter points (0-4 shots) at a much higher rate than last year, and the longer ones at a much lower rate. Let's see if Holger and Patrick listen to you. Particularly as to goin all "junkyard dog" on him. I love that! :lulz1:

I'm really astonished Novak's knee is responding so well. His knee tear must have been really minor but he is a freak of nature.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Holger has got to win the first two sets tomorrow and stay on Novak's fh.. Novak's game plan is to play the highest percentage which is cc FH.. Extended rallies but don't surrender the center of the court. Stay in the moment and don't play the crowd. Novak's service point areas when stressed is down the T and wide to the alleys..if it goes 5sets, go for broke like Carlos did a year ago Holger has nothing to loose..

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.