2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW I dont know why Novak pretended to play a violin to the crowd after his win and he blew a kiss as well
Maybe he is thinking of joining a orchestra after he is done with tennis :)
Novak is a GOAT but not the best Ever. I like his tennis but he looks for attention too much.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
How could I forget I have another Italian through ( dont tell Andrew Castle)

Musetti d Comensana in 4 sets 62 67(4) 76(3) 63 this is Lorenzo's first time through to the round of 16 at Wimbledon
Lorenzo Forza!
Hell no he will play Perricard next match..................

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is an attention seeker and a Drama King :)
Not sure what the violin thing was about, but the kiss seemed to be directed at his box. His son was there. However, when he held serve, when Popyrin had his chances, in the 4th, I think, he did his usual thing of drumming the crowd up to cheer for him. That is tacky, to me. I mean, Popyrin is ranked 47 in the world. Djokovic has won Wimbledon 7 times...why does he have to show the guy up? I didn't notice the crowd wasn't backing him enough? A Drama Queen is what he is.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Not sure what the violin thing was about, but the kiss seemed to be directed at his box. His son was there. However, when he held serve, when Popyrin had his chances, in the 4th, I think, he did his usual thing of drumming the crowd up to cheer for him. That is tacky, to me. I mean, Popyrin is ranked 47 in the world. Djokovic has won Wimbledon 7 times...why does he have to show the guy up? I didn't notice the crowd wasn't backing him enough? A Drama Queen is what he is.
That what we have been saying.. Borg, Sampras, Roger and Rafa would NEVER make a gesture like that. I have a feeling Sinner may be made of the same type of classy dna as those champions.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How could I forget I have another Italian through ( dont tell Andrew Castle)

Musetti d Comensana in 4 sets 62 67(4) 76(3) 63 this is Lorenzo's first time through to the round of 16 at Wimbledon
Lorenzo Forza!
Hell no he will play Perricard next match..................
That could be an interesting match. I didn't see either of those players making the 4th round.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That what we have been saying.. Borg, Sampras, Roger and Rafa would NEVER make a gesture like that. I have a feeling Sinner may be made of the same type of classy dna as those champions.
Sinner is definitely a class act. While he may be a bit lacking in the "charisma" department, (which I also think Pete was,) he makes up for it with game and elegance. I know that Alcaraz can be a bit of a showboat, but it aligns with his natural exuberance. It never seems manufactured...plus he backs it up.

Jannik is still looking like the man to beat in this tournament.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

Watch what you say about My Jannik or you will have this lady from Sicily Hot On Your Heels or Shoes
Capice!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I see Ben Shelton wants to play the No 1 player Sinner on CC thinks that will be the' pinnacle at Wimbledon
Sorry to disappoint you Ben, your scheduled on Court 1

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens 4th round matches set,

Sinner - Sheoton
Medevdev - Dimitrov
Alcaraz- Humbert Humbert being a surprise for me making it to the 4th round
Bautista Augut - Paul RBA in the latter part of his career making a quiet statement on the grass this year at Wimbledon

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune Novak european booking odds:

Novak 1.32
Rune 3.42

I don't think Novak is that much of a favorite. Maybe 60:40 given that he has 7 Wimbledons, but he doesn't look impressive. More like old and beatable. For me it's more like a 50:50 match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune Novak european booking odds:

Novak 1.32
Rune 3.42

I don't think Novak is that much of a favorite. Maybe 60:40 given that he has 7 Wimbledons, but he doesn't look impressive. More like old and beatable. For me it's more like a 50:50 match.
Rune cane through in a 5 setter match, though it was also a good mental challenge for him
Regardless of Novak llooking beatable he chose to play Wimbledon

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hmm AP loves serves bot's eg Sampras like my hubby, quite frankly he put to sleep, I can say that cause hubbie is away working :)
I'm going to tell your husband you called Sampras a serve-bot! (Although that's why I never like him.) I don't think AP loves serve bots. I mean, who does? That said. I'm liking Mpetxhi Parricard. I have no explanation.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm going to tell your husband you called Sampras a serve-bot! (Although that's why I never like him.) I don't think AP loves serve bots. I mean, who does? That said. I'm liking Mpetxhi Parricard. I have no explanation.
MM One day Sinner is gonna face Rafa and you are going to be one divided individual. You are gonna have to choose between Italian or Spanish cuisine Jajaja

Status
Not open for further replies.