2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Back to Zverev, who I think has the best chance of getting out of the bottom half: bad fall today. He kept it together and beat Norrie in straights. I'm pretty sure he's happy it didn't go longer. How will that leg feel tomorrow? It looked like he hyper-extended it. Maybe nothing to worry about, but it looked bad, at the time.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Back to Zverev, who I think has the best chance of getting out of the bottom half: bad fall today. He kept it together and beat Norrie in straights. I'm pretty sure he's happy it didn't go longer. How will that leg feel tomorrow? It looked like he hyper-extended it. Maybe nothing to worry about, but it looked bad, at the time.
I saw the fall on replay it did look bad, agree he must be happy it didnt go longer.Lets see how he fares in his next match, movement wise
'For the love of tennis I dont know if I could handle another GS final with Zverev in it, my head explodes just thinking about it

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw the fall on replay it did look bad, agree he must be happy it didnt go longer.Lets see how he fares in his next match, movement wise
'For the love of tennis I dont know if I could handle another GS final with Zverev in it, my head explodes just thinking about it
He sat where he fell and didn't move for about 10 minutes, though you can imagine that he's cautious, having been there before. He's got Fritz next. If I were Fritz, I'd move him around early, before the knee warms up.

As I said before, I'm not proud of picking Zverev for the final in my draw, but he is the most plausible in the bottom half. I pick him over Novak, though increasingly less by round, and with this potential injury. Anyway, whatever happens in the bottom half, it still has to face the top half in the final, and unless both Sinner and Alcaraz get upset before the final, I like either of them for the title over whoever comes out of the bottom half. Even if it's Djokovic.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 7 Round 4, July 7, 2024

1720329897800.png

1720329966725.png

1720330038708.png

1720330085310.png

1720330130833.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Keli it's early..what are your thoughts on Novak vs Holger ..any predictions

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Keli it's early..what are your thoughts on Novak vs Holger ..any predictions
I don't know if Patrick is still around, but if he isn't the Dane better call him to get the game plan for victory against Djoke. I would give the ole man exactly what he signed up for. He thinks he can win 7 matches on a bum knee against a posse of youngsters, let's find out how serious he is. I would move him around at least 5 shots looking for my opening to pull the trigger. Mix it up, go junkyard dog on Djoke. If he doesn't hit himself out of it, he can win this in 4 sets.

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I don't know if Patrick is still around, but if he isn't the Dane better call him to get the game plan for victory against Djoke. I would give the ole man exactly what he signed up for. He thinks he can win 7 matches on a bum knee against a posse of youngsters, let's find out how serious he is. I would move him around at least 5 shots looking for my opening to pull the trigger. Mix it up, go junkyard dog on Djoke. If he doesn't hit himself out of it, he can win this in 4 sets.
He is in Paris and they are in contact with Holger everyday. But Carlsen is the trainer in the box in this tournament.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a point to win the 2nd set for Carlos...he was all over the court.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie what the hell is going on I am just tuning in and Carlos lost the 3rd set 61?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie what the hell is going on I am just tuning in and Carlos lost the 3rd set 61?
Humbert has been playing very well, but had nothing to show for it, until the 3rd. Carlos a bit of a lull, too, and now he just gave the break back.

Status
Not open for further replies.