2024 ATP General News

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I am now, thanks to my TV channel, I rang them and said I am not happy why did they cancel Beinsports they said it was a management issue lol!
Then I am the lucky one here, with full tennis coverage on my cable TV provider. 35€, TV + Internet.

Similar thing happened to me a few years back. They first removed the GS channels coverage and then the rest of the tour. It was too much and I had to change.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Then I am the lucky one here, with full tennis coverage on my cable TV provider. 35€, TV + Internet.

Similar thing happened to me a few years back. They first removed the GS channels coverage and then the rest of the tour. It was too much and I had to change.
I will be doing something similar Don, tennis is just not about the GS, I watch both tours, and getting streams these days is just too hard, when you do get one half the time they stop and start, not good enough, also here in Sydney I dont have cable which is another issue lol! I will have to find another way

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I use Tennis Channel for outside of slam matches and the French Open. I believe the Olympics will be on NBC. Beginning next year, the FO will move to TNT.

Anything is an upgrade over ESPN's coverage of the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. I really miss the days when the AO was the only slam on ESPN, and I'd get to watch the FO and Wimbledon on NBC, and the US Open on CBS (which was the best).
Trying to understand coverage of tennis in US be like:

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Has anyone seen the face shots of the players for the Olympics
They all look like 'Criminals' LOL! I saw some players on social media yesterday, Rafa, Novak, for example :) Kerber and Pegula :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here are the pictures, by the way, for those who haven't seen them yet:

The one of Rafa is dreadful you can see his hair line has really receded over the years, hardly looks like there is any hair on top of his head
I hate having my picture taken for my passport or my drivers licence, always bad photos.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In Hamburg,
SF match between Fils v Baez (3), Fils had a easy win 62 62 and will play the winner of Zverev(1) v Martinez in the final
Fils of late has been playing well and has played good tennis this week to reach the final.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the 2nd SF match in Bastad
Borges (7) d Tirante 63 64 and he will play Nadal in the final tomorrow

I need to take my much needed Nana Nap:)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Try this:

I am honestly done with streams. Finally have a cable TV setup for a year now that allows me to watch all from 250s to slams, Atp and Wta. Multiple channels and easy to chose a match I want to see. Plus I can watch on my phone in the app, which is what I'm doing now.
I had the same setup previously..For the summer I have to work remotely at a site where I'm limited to what I can view.. thanks for replying

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I use Tennis Channel for outside of slam matches and the French Open. I believe the Olympics will be on NBC. Beginning next year, the FO will move to TNT.

Anything is an upgrade over ESPN's coverage of the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. I really miss the days when the AO was the only slam on ESPN, and I'd get to watch the FO and Wimbledon on NBC, and the US Open on CBS (which was the best).
ESPN is way too chatty!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The only men since Ken Rosewall in 1976 to male a clay final age 38+
If Rafa wins tomorrow he will be the oldest player to win an ATP title on clay ( Bastad 2024, 38 yrs 1 m)
In 2023 Stan Wawrinka 38+ played Umag ATP250 lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hamburg Final,
A.Zeverev (1) vs A.Fils (5)

Nordea Open Final,
R.Nadal WC vs N.Borges (7)

Swiss Open, Final
M.Berrettini (6) vs Q Q.Halys

Newport Tournament, Final,
A.Michleson (3) vs M.Giron

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just one more win, though. He'd also be the first person with 20-year span between titles:

If he wins he would be the only defending champion to have NEVER lost a match at the same tournament ever EVER, if that makes sense. I think this is correct but I will leave it io the researchers on this board to vet it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Robbie Koenig?
I love that guy. It's been awhile that he isn't around much, but I heard him calling some match during Wimbledon a few weeks ago. They showed a challenge where the ball was in by a mere whisker, and Robbie says, "What is it they say? 99% out, but 100% IN!!" :lulz1:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I love that guy. It's been awhile that he isn't around much, but I heard him calling some match during Wimbledon a few weeks ago. They showed a challenge where the ball was in by a mere whisker, and Robbie says, "What is it they say? 99% out, but 100% IN!!" :lulz1:
It would be a great time to listen to tennis if they can get rid of all the ESPN announcers but Johnny Mac. Realigned Robbie and Jason would be welcomed