2024 ATP General News

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW,
The return of Reilly Opelka with his QF win over McKenzie McDonald at Newport, makes history as the lowest ranked SF of the ATP era ( world no 1,188)!
Quite an achievement for Opelka considering he has had a 2 year lay off.
I was surprised and pleased to see the hairy mountain man back. He's a good egg.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I was surprised and pleased to see the hairy mountain man back. He's a good egg.

He was missing so long, I was going to think he'd fallen under the TCC curse! After havingg a little success on tour, they sit at the desk for a while to test future anchoring, then they disappear! Opelka & Eubanks were the lastest on the men's side! The ladies I haven't kept up w/ as much! How's Caroline Woz doing? She's the next great star on there I guess! They seem to really like her! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don Fabio,
If you are around Rafa plays his SF match against Serbian player and qualifier D.Ajdukovic who has won a couple of challenger events to date.
Have you any more info on him. Thanks
Hi Margaret,

If Ajdukovic heard you that you called him a Serb he would have a few things to say about it hahah. It's due to war in the 90s between Croatia and Serbia and Serbs were the agressors. Sensitive topic even in present time.

I watched him only 2 times, against Trungelitti in Barcelona this year where I think he played very bad, couldn't keep the ball in play, sprayed errors left and right. Yesterday against Monteiro he looked much better, more patient and consistent though he seems like a headcase. Many tought he will lose the match yesterday after he lost the 2nd set, but he turned it around well.

He is in the semis from the qualies, but Rafa will be a tough task. Not sure if Ajdukovic has patience for Rafa. He is agressive player, big FH, but worse BH. Rafa should be able to exploit the rookie, but we shall see today.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi Margaret,

If Ajdukovic heard you that you called him a Serb he would have a few things to say about it hahah. It's due to war in the 90s between Croatia and Serbia and Serbs were the agressors. Sensitive topic even in present time.

I watched him only 2 times, against Trungelitti in Barcelona this year where I think he played very bad, couldn't keep the ball in play, sprayed errors left and right. Yesterday against Monteiro he looked much better, more patient and consistent though he seems like a headcase. Many tought he will lose the match yesterday after he lost the 2nd set, but he turned it around well.

He is in the semis from the qualies, but Rafa will be a tough task. Not sure if Ajdukovic has patience for Rafa. He is agressive player, big FH, but worse BH. Rafa should be able to exploit the rookie, but we shall see today.
Thanks Don oops sorry about the sensistive topic even in present time, when I looked him up he did say he was from Serbia:)
Oh well lets see if he does have patience for Rafa, he will need it :)

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will post this news here, Moxie did ask me on the Rafa Fan Post about the draw for tennis at the Olympics,
All the draws for the 2024 Olympic tennis events will be made Thursday 25th July 10.00 UK Time

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very good match from the young Croat against Rafa, but he came up short at the end. Rafa was better in crucial moments. Ajdukovic needs to improve his poor net game, lost too many points there with routine volleys. His baseline game very powerful and he was killing Nadal with his BH today.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Trying to watch 2 matches isnt easy but I did it lol!

Matteo Berrettini into the ATP250 Gstaad final for the 3rd time in his career defeating Tsitsipas 76(6) 75, beating him for the first time out of 5 career meetings,
highlight of his match 'his serve on song' in this match
Berrettini Forza!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very good match from the young Croat against Rafa, but he came up short at the end. Rafa was better in crucial moments. Ajdukovic needs to improve his poor net game, lost too many points there with routine volleys.
Don Hi,
Just posted the results on the Rafa Fan page,
Impressed with Ajdukovic, on the big points Rafa was better, put that down more to experience, volley is an area he does need to improve on, good match from him overall

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Very good match from the young Croat against Rafa, but he came up short at the end. Rafa was better in crucial moments. Ajdukovic needs to improve his poor net game, lost too many points there with routine volleys. His baseline game very powerful and he was killing Nadal with his BH today.
Thanks Don. I am waiting for the highlights to get posted to you tube. Any other video streaming besides Bein sports

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will post the score,

Nadal d Ajdukovic 46 63 64 his first final since RG 2022 he will play either Borges or Tirante tomorrow in the final in Sweden

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shame that Berrettini didnt make the Olympic team for Italy now finding form, a really good victory over Stef today in his first in 5 career meetings to make the final in Gstadd

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks Don. I am waiting for the highlights to get posted to you tube. Any other video streaming besides Bein sports
Try this:

I am honestly done with streams. Finally have a cable TV setup for a year now that allows me to watch all from 250s to slams, Atp and Wta. Multiple channels and easy to chose a match I want to see. Plus I can watch on my phone in the app, which is what I'm doing now.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Try this:

I am honestly done with streams. Finally have a cable TV setup for a year now that allows me to watch all from 250s to slams, Atp and Wta. Multiple channels and easy to chose a match I want to see. Plus I can watch on my phone in the app, which is what I'm doing now.
I used to get Beinsports on my TV sports channel which was great covering both ATP and WTA matches, then my sports channel decided for some unknown reason they cancelled Beinsports? though they still charge me the same amount because of the 4 GS they cover throughout the year.Stan sports is okay now, which I use, if I try Beinsports, half the time the stream stops and starts and I give up lol!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I used to get Beinsports on my TV sports channel which was great covering both ATP and WTA matches, then my sports channel decided for some unknown reason they cancelled Beinsports? though they still charge me the same amount because of the 4 GS they cover throughout the year.Stan sports is okay now, which I use, if I try Beinsports, half the time the stream stops and starts and I give up lol!
So you are all streams outside of slams?

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I use Tennis Channel for outside of slam matches and the French Open. I believe the Olympics will be on NBC. Beginning next year, the FO will move to TNT.

Anything is an upgrade over ESPN's coverage of the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. I really miss the days when the AO was the only slam on ESPN, and I'd get to watch the FO and Wimbledon on NBC, and the US Open on CBS (which was the best).