2024 ATP General News

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love waching Pavic he is a great doubles player and I think he would click with any partner quite frankly
I know Pavic from childhood and his family. Knowing through which struggles they went through, struggling with money etc. I'm so glad for Pavic that he made it. He is a great guy and dubs player. Crafty lefty.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Watching TCC w/ them shilling for a great match tonight! What a joke! We can only hope Francis keeps it close, but I have lit'l hope for him even if Jannik is subpar! The better match of course w/ Holger w/b a show the world would have interest! Unfortunately Rune's as fragile mentally as any of the last gen. w/ Sascha, Stefanos, & Dom before serious injury/retiring! I keep saying it; "we've become so jaded w/ the longevity & elite level of play by the Big 3!" We'll probably never see their "like" again! Carlos has the potential to do great things, but I see him going down way before Sampras' level! Like Nadal, he works too hard winning the simplest of points, which in turn wears his body down! Sinner will have the same problem already seen over the years! The men are still worth watching though even w/ the game degenerating into mindless aggression from the baseline; NOTHING NEW really! The injuries, retirements, & WD's will proliferate their tour draws needing more of the losers to hang around to fill them back up! "Lucky Losers" are actually performing better making QF's & SF in Masters events! That's a bit sad! Tiafoe may have used up all his reserves overcoming Rune last nite! "Good luck Francis! You'll need it!" :face-with-hand-over-mouth::yawningface::angry-face::partying-face:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie,

Not great news as from next 2025 expanded ATP Masters 1000 tournaments,
The National Bank Open presented by Rogers and Cincinnati Open will expand to 12 day events.This aligns 7 of the Nine ATP Masters 1000 events with the 12 day format, following the expansion of the International BNL d'Italia, Muta Madrid Open and Rolex Shanghai Masters in 2023.
This is what I was concerned about, more than the Monday finals. I sort of see why a coed event would got 12 days, but Roger's Cup isn't. I haven't really explored these stretched tournament ideas, but, at first blush, I don't really see the need. Obviously, it helps if you have terrible weather, as we have had in the past few weeks.

Reactions: don_fabio

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm happy for Big Foe, found his form before the USO. Plays a bit hot and cold, but he is trying. One of the guys you don't want to see early in the draw in USO.
He has a coach now and American hardcourts are his favorites,and he is going toe to toe with Sinner..4-4

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What is it with Sinner when he gets to a TB he has now won 12 out of his last 13 TBs !
Jannik 76(4) Forza!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If Tiafoe plays the way he did in that match against Alcaraz at Wimbledon, he will contend for the US Open, like he did in 2022.
Give it a rest Phil he turns up for 2 tournaments? and he is now in contention for the USO? where has he been for the rest of the tournaments this year :)
when he starts showing consistent results and improve his ranking he may get better chances at GS

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

I saw your post reply to me regarding the extension of ATP !000 tournaments next year after this match I will reply to you

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know @Front242 loves a fast court, but for the life of me I can't figure out why, unless it was that it favored Federer, in his day. I find way too much one-and-done, or one-two, and too much waiting for a decent rally. Plus, it favors UFEs over winners. How is this interesting? But, anyway, if it makes Front happy, supposedly the US Open this year will feature a surface much like the "glass" of Cincy.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jim Courier SHUT UP there are better things to talk about than Sinners Hip! Time to Mute You!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know @Front242 loves a fast court, but for the life of me I can't figure out why, unless it was that it favored Federer, in his day. I find way too much one-and-done, or one-two, and too much waiting for a decent rally. Plus, it favors UFEs over winners. How is this interesting? But, anyway, if it makes Front happy, supposedly the US Open this year will feature a surface much like the "glass" of Cincy.
I read that Moxie, that USO will be faster this year? what did they re surface all the courts? I think the only way we will really know when the players have played on it, or if someone at TF goes to the USO.Cinncy to me has always been faster than the USO

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I read that Moxie, that USO will be faster this year? what did they re surface all the courts? I think the only way we will really know when the players have played on it, or if someone at TF goes to the USO.Cinncy to me has always been faster than the USO
It won't be faster than this, but slower. Some of the pros who went out early have already practiced on it and said it's slower in NY than Cinci

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was a marathon match and Jannik gets the double break, lets consolidate young man, as I have to go to The Dentist From Hell today :)