2024 ATP General News

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No one was touching their numbers, extended or not. As good of a season Alcaraz and Sinner are having, they only have 3 or 4 titles this year. Roger and Rafa not only won, but dominated. They were winning 10, 11 titles in a season.
I agree with this, just didn't want to get into it in the middle of the match. Their wins at MS1000s, and Fed's are pretty high, too, are about dominance over the field. I think we'll see a lot more different winners at MS1000s for a while, as we have been seeing the past couple of years. More opportunity. But Don may have a point that these extended 1000s won't help.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And that netcord from Maryland when Tiafoe was down 2 MPs.

But seriously, Tiafoe fought his way to win, no doubt about that.
"Netcord from Maryland"....love that. :face-with-tears-of-joy: (I've mentioned it before, but I'm also originally from Maryland/DC, so I have to back my neighbor.)

Reactions: don_fabio

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meanwhile Rune went off to fairyland, again showing focus issues
This is a problem, for sure. Like I said...he's got a lot to think about. As you know, I want him to be the champion I think he can be, and make an eventual Big 3 or something with Sinner and Alcaraz. So he definitely needs to find not just some parts of his game that are lacking, but his champions heart. He was SO aggressive in that first set. I kind of gave up on the match after that, then came back to it. I thought Rune had it in the bag.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a problem, for sure. Like I said...he's got a lot to think about. As you know, I want him to be the champion I think he can be, and make an eventual Big 3 or something with Sinner and Alcaraz. So he definitely needs to find not just some parts of his game that are lacking, but his champions heart. He was SO aggressive in that first set. I kind of gave up on the match after that, then came back to it. I thought Rune had it in the bag.
Usually the answer is playing hard matches and winning? to gain more mental focus? he played well to get to the SF he just dosent seem to be able to have a good level for 3 set matches, you have to be able to keep up a good level, okay players have dips in their games, though usually they can recover, Rune wasnt able to do that today, not taking anything away from Frances and his good wins this week

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Netcord from Maryland"....love that. :face-with-tears-of-joy: (I've mentioned it before, but I'm also originally from Maryland/DC, so I have to back my neighbor.)
Luck is part of the game. I'm gettting picked up tomorrow early morning in Maryland too, somewhere not so far from Baltimore. Signing off...and I joined here too in May. They drove us a few hours around the area and it looks like a nice place to live.

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luck is part of the game. I'm gettting picked up tomorrow early morning in Maryland too, somewhere not so far from Baltimore. Signing off...and I joined here too in May. They drove us a few hours around the area and it looks like a nice place to live.
I have good friends in Baltimore...it's very nice. I was wondering why you were so tuned into Frances being from Maryland. LOL. Anyway, enjoy! I hope you got to eat some crabs.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP Masters 1000 Cincinnati,
Mens Singles Final,
Monday 19th August,
Center Court,
Not before 6pm,

J.Sinner (1) vs F.Tiafoe H2H Sinner 3-1

\

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

Not great news as from next 2025 expanded ATP Masters 1000 tournaments,
The National Bank Open presented by Rogers and Cincinnati Open will expand to 12 day events.This aligns 7 of the Nine ATP Masters 1000 events with the 12 day format, following the expansion of the International BNL d'Italia, Muta Madrid Open and Rolex Shanghai Masters in 2023.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have good friends in Baltimore...it's very nice. I was wondering why you were so tuned into Frances being from Maryland. LOL. Anyway, enjoy! I hope you got to eat some crabs.
Commie mentioned Foe grew up and played in Maryland and I followed with the joke ;)

I know Baltimore from 'The Wire" lol. No crabs unfortunately, just a drive to/from airport/hotels, though I had some delicuous crabs in New Orleans before.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Commie mentioned Foe grew up and played in Maryland and I followed with the joke ;)

I know Baltimore from 'The Wire" lol. No crabs unfortunately, just a drive to/from airport/hotels, though I had some delicuous crabs in New Orleans before.
Don,
Are your working or on holiday at present?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some Laver Cup News,
Frances Tiafoe and Alejandro Tabilo will join Team World in Berlin, they will join Alex de Minaur, Taylor Fritz, Ben Shetlon on Captain John McEnroes team

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don,
Are your working or on holiday at present?
Just on the way to vacation. Fly from US, come home, water the flowers, luft the apartment, maybe sleep a bit and then continue traveling south to the island where my wife and boy are. Still have a few weeks of summer left before the school starts. Luckily government postponed the school for a week due to summer season and tourism, so I will have some time to enjoy. Then back to play tennis and cooking :yes:

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just on the way to vacation. Fly from US, come home, water the flowers, luft the apartment, maybe sleep a bit and then continue traveling south to the island where my wife and boy are. Still have a few weeks of summer left before the school starts. Luckily government postponed the school for a week due to summer season and tourism, so I will have some time to enjoy. Then back to play tennis and cooking :yes:
What a life, meanwhile us plebs are working in the salt mines on a daily grind,
May I join your family I could be a nanny to your little one:)
Enjoy!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a life, meanwhile us plebs are working in the salt mines on a daily grind,
May I join your family I could be a nanny to your little one:)
Enjoy!
Depends how you look at it. Few months of vacation when you can do whatever you like any day of the week is a huge bonus, but on the other hand you suffer when you are separated from the loved ones. It is all calculated in the salary. Last year I had to take extended break of 6 months to recharge and I changed company.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Depends how you look at it. Few months of vacation when you can do whatever you like any day of the week is a huge bonus, but on the other hand you suffer when you are separated from the loved ones. It is all calculated in the salary. Last year I had to take extended break of 6 months to recharge and I changed company.
How long is your time at sea usually, my husband worked over seas for a English company he was away 6 months of the year, that was a long time ago, he usually works for 1 month on and has 1 month off, he works the Australian coast line, now of course he is going through chemo, so he is on sick leave.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great stat for you Don, seeing you are from Croatia
Mate Pavic aged 39, now has won the most titles of any active doubles player!
Pavic and his partner Arevalo won the Cincinnati doubles title! It is their 4th titles as a doubles team!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How long is your time at sea usually, my husband worked over seas for a English company he was away 6 months of the year, that was a long time ago, he usually works for 1 month on and has 1 month off, now of course he is going through chemo, so he is on sick leave.
I understand. My contracts are up to 3 months, depending on port availability, so fluctuating a bit up/down. I get about the same time at home for the leave.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer