2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Welp. You said it yourself. How many blokes proclaim themselves as something and then proceed to wimp out early?
It was kind of obvious, wasn’t it? He’s won a single 250 in his whole career and he’s suddenly thinking he’s among the favourites? Players like that are bound to fail…

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It was kind of obvious, wasn’t it? He’s won a single 250 in his whole career and he’s suddenly thinking he’s among the favourites? Players like that are bound to fail…
yep. I don't know why these young players put that kind of pressure on themselves. A year from now, very few people will recall who was considered a fave here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just caught a glimpse of Thursday's OOP with several R2 matches not scheduled Alcaraz in the mens for one, when do they expect him to play his Rd 2 match next week sometime, this is pure Madness

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cressy is a true throwback w/ a S/V game and his short shorts

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just caught a glimpse of Thursday's OOP with several R2 matches not scheduled Alcaraz in the mens for one, when do they expect him to play his Rd 2 match next week sometime, this is pure Madness
They are completely backwards, and again it's inexcusable as this isn't their first rodeo. They put R2 matches on today when they should have focused on getting R1 completed. Now tomorrow they have 3 R2 matches scheduled on CC and some R1 doubs matches scheduled last on the outer courts. Starting doubs when you're still behind in singles is absolute insanity. :facepalm:

• Angry
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They haven’t allocated a court yet for him but I’m sure he’ll play tomorrow, most likely on an outside court..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
After day 3

Players in R3 4
Players in R2 103
Players to finish R1 18
Players to start R1 14

UNREAL!

• Sad
Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes that would be handy no?
Well unfortunately it’s already there. Carlos will just have to do what greater players than him have done, and wait. I don’t get the problem with the scheduling. As I said, there’s GS tourneys where players finish at 4am. I remember the 2011 USO when the defending champ played 4 matches in 5 days and was gassed in the final. Didn’t play his first match until Wednesday, if I recall.

There’s no crisis like that yet at Wimbledon…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well unfortunately it’s already there. Carlos will just have to do what greater players than him have done, and wait. I don’t get the problem with the scheduling. As I said, there’s GS tourneys where players finish at 4am. I remember the 2011 USO when the defending champ played 4 matches in 5 days and was gassed in the final. Didn’t play his first match until Wednesday, if I recall.

There’s no crisis like that yet at Wimbledon…
Have a look at my most recent post with the players, who is in Rd4 and players that have not played their 1st rd matches

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Have a look at my most recent post with the players, who is in Rd4 and players that have not played their 1st rd matches
You have to count the matches, not the players. They’ll reach Friday and Saturday playing the last of the second round matches then they’ll have 32 matches to schedule between men and women to get into round 4, which doesn’t start until Monday. They’ll play on Sunday. They have 17 courts, so even if they’re behind, they’ll catch up quick.

Even if they’re behind schedule on Saturday, they’ll make up easy early next week. The glut of matches is the first 2 rounds, and they have to prioritise courts for certain players for differing reasons, to satisfy the paying customer, the TV schedules, and the need to highlight whatever Brit talent can be found.

There’s been worse years for rain. As the great Gordon Forbes book has it, it’s too soon to panic..

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You have to count the matches, not the players. They’ll reach Friday and Saturday playing the last of the second round matches then they’ll have 32 matches to schedule between men and women to get into round 4, which doesn’t start until Monday. They’ll play on Sunday. They have 17 courts, so even if they’re behind, they’ll catch up quick.

Even if they’re behind schedule on Saturday, they’ll make up easy early next week. The glut of matches is the first 2 rounds, and they have to prioritise courts for certain players for differing reasons, to satisfy the paying customer, the TV schedules, and the need to highlight whatever Brit talent can be found.

There’s been worse years for rain. As the great Gordon Forbes book has it, it’s too soon to panic..
I just think they should have started matches earlier, when the rain came the other day, trying to clear the back log, also their are doubles, mixed doubles matches to start, I hope there wont be any more interruptions, as one player tweeted ' hope to play my first round match on Day 4' that was a women player.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2900.jpeg
IMG_2901.jpeg
IMG_2902.jpeg
IMG_2903.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.