2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you have to ask, then you're not paying attention. His fist pumps, celebrations and grunts are extremely over the top. The end.
Personally, I have been paying attention to him, and I don't find any of that a problem. Matter of taste, I guess. Although he does look like a lorry driver, and probably doesn't hold his pinky up when he drinks tea, I think he's a good tennis player. And a one-hander, for the cultists out there.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Personally, I have been paying attention to him, and I don't find any of that a problem. Matter of taste, I guess. Although he does look like a lorry driver, and probably doesn't hold his pinky up when he drinks tea, I think he's a good tennis player. And a one-hander, for the cultists out there.
I have very little tolerance for what I consider extreme celebrating, especially on every friggin point.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have very little tolerance for what I consider extreme celebrating, especially on every friggin point.
Personally, I haven't noticed it. I know that some folks around here are sensitive to how players celebrate. I don't really get it. Individual sport. Takes a lot of keeping one's self pumped up. Some things do go over the top, but I don't find fist-pumping overmuch. I watched the match today, and it wasn't even that over-the-top when he won.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Personally, I haven't noticed it. I know that some folks around here are sensitive to how players celebrate. I don't really get it. Individual sport. Takes a lot of keeping one's self pumped up. Some things do go over the top, but I don't find fist-pumping overmuch. I watched the match today, and it wasn't even that over-the-top when he won.
How many fist pumps did Borg or Sampras do overall ? Venus is another I have Always had admiration for. I don't have anything against a player celebrating afterwards a get shot or some fantastic points. However afterwards every point is a bit excessive.

Playing USTA tournaments As an opposing player I fumed over watching someone celebrate because I assumed this clown has NEVER won anything and if it kills me this will not occur on my watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM and Tented why no love for the Young Greek
Well he did just win the title in Mexico, I thought you would be bragging btw? I still think he needs to get rid of his father as his main coach, he is too controlling and he really hasnt improved in the area's he needs to bh and bh slice, also he needs to stay off social media, I dont need to hear daily of his love of Paula Badosa,

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Well he did just win the title in Mexico, I thought you would be bragging btw? I still think he needs to get rid of his father as his main coach, he is too controlling and he really hasnt improved in the area's he needs to bh and bh slice, also he needs to stay off social media, I dont need to hear daily of his love of Paula Badosa,
Agree with this @the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Are you implying that I like to bloviate on certain things such as my predictions? Jajaja

Status
Not open for further replies.