2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please it has taken Dom all this time to get to a ATP250 final, lets see if he can win it for starters :)
Now, Miss Margaret, I thought you were in favor of Dominic getting back to form. I know it's a 250, but you were campaigning for him to play challengers, were you not?

In any case, I, for one, am glad to see him feeling confident. I hope he wins the title, and carries it to bigger and better results.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now, Miss Margaret, I thought you were in favor of Dominic getting back to form. I know it's a 250, but you were campaigning for him to play challengers, were you not?

In any case, I, for one, am glad to see him feeling confident. I hope he wins the title, and carries it to bigger and better results.
Yes I am, though this is his first final since 2020? I am just being cautious, he still has a long way to go, having consistent results

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I am, though this is his first final since 2020? I am just being cautious, he still has a long way to go, having consistent results
Fair to be cautious. I'm going for full-on optimistic for him. Why not? One good thing is that he seems to hitting the ball hard and without trepidation about the wrist. To me, that's the biggest step. Obviously, a win tomorrow would be huge, but I think he's going to take a lot of good feelings even from his win today. When you fight through a tough opponent, and fend of 5 or more MPs, that's a confidence-builder.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fair to be cautious. I'm going for full-on optimistic for him. Why not? One good thing is that he seems to hitting the ball hard and without trepidation about the wrist. To me, that's the biggest step. Obviously, a win tomorrow would be huge, but I think he's going to take a lot of good feelings even from his win today. When you fight through a tough opponent, and fend of 5 or more MPs, that's a confidence-builder.
We shall see, to me he still has a way to go. he is approaching 30 years of age, I cant see him getting back to his former form, just my thoughts,

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
We shall see, to me he still has a way to go. he is approaching 30 years of age, I cant see him getting back to his former form, just my thoughts,
Yes. We proceed w/ caution. But still a whole lot better to lose in a final (if he does) than losing in R1 or R2 against a scrub.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the annoying Dan is putting Big Foe to the test on his home floor... :laugh:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But, hey, if Wawrinka can have a late-career bloom, why not Dominic? Plus, let's face it...Rafa and Novak won't last forever. There could well be a space for him before he gets too long in the tooth. May or not be another major, but he could be competing for big titles.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
But, hey, if Wawrinka can have a late-career bloom, why not Dominic? Plus, let's face it...Rafa and Novak won't last forever. There could well be a space for him before he gets too long in the tooth. May or not be another major, but he could be competing for big titles.
Whoa he is trying to win a ATP250 title ? ..lets not get ahead of ourselves.......

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Whoa he is trying to win a ATP250 title ? ..lets not get ahead of ourselves.......
he's gotta start somewhere MM. If challengers weren't wetting his appetite, maybe a 250 will. It doesn't hurt that it's at home. Win or lose, I hope he takes a lot of confidence from this week and apply himself going forward. His belief needed a major jolt in the arm.

Reactions: Jelenafan and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
New life for Tiafoe as he's back on serve in the 2nd set.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bold second serve ace there for Foe.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You've already made the point it's a 250. And I've already told you that I'm retaining the right to feel optimistic. On top of it, he hasn't even won the title yet. No need to repeat yourself.
Please LOL!I will repeat myself if I want thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.