2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I could have sworn Rafa won a US Open at 33 and a French Open at 34.

Oh well, I guess Rafa will win the singles gold at the Olympics next year to regain his standing as the oldest champion ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
World No 4 Stefanos Tsitsipas has reunited with former world No 8 Mark Philippoussis who takes over the role of Head Coach for the Greek while his father, Apostolos, takes a break from coaching duties for some time. Tsitsipas begins his quest for a first ATP hardcourt against Gael Monfils, whom he has beaten in two of their three previous meetings ( source Tennis Majors)

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jan Lennard Struf has withdrawn from Cincinnati, Winston-Salem and the US Open ( hip injury)

Cincinnati updated:
OUT: Kyrgios
IN: Ruusuvuori

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Men's tennis should be a lot more exciting next year with Nadal, Cilic, and Kygrios playing. This year is just a preview of what men's tennis will look like in 2025 and beyond.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Krygios has withdrawn from the US Open. Quite frankly I am not surprised he is back in Australia, recovering from injuries. I wonder if he will compete now in the Laver Cup? ( probably not) Nick has only played 1 match all year
IN: Schwartzman

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios ( source The Tennis Letter)

" I will be back, my wrist is not ready yet to compete. But may I remind people I have a protected ranking of 21. When I chose to be back. I'll be back".

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nick Kyrgios ( source The Tennis Letter)

" I will be back, my wrist is not ready yet to compete. But may I remind people I have a protected ranking of 21. When I chose to be back. I'll be back".
Well I'm glad to see he knows the rules. At least we know he can pay attention when he chooses.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My LORD watching tennis these past few months is like eating cake without icing..Yes it can be good but it could be better if the Spanish Bull was able to compete. Maybe I can join a Fedfan forum to began the sad transition of life without Rafa

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
My LORD watching tennis these past few months is like eating cake without icing..Yes it can be good but it could be better if the Spanish Bull was able to compete. Maybe I can join a Fedfan forum to began the sad transition of life without Rafa
WTF brother, we just finished a Wimbo final for the ages and Chaz Alcaraz is still active in Canada? Heading to a match v Medvedev if my memory serves…

:popcorn

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True, brother Kieran--I really don't know what to expect in Cincinnati or New York City this summer. Carlitos is obviously one of the ones to watch along with the Serbian Slayer. But, the Russian string bean is always dangerous on the summer hards of North America and you never know what the Italian Sinner might do.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
True, brother Kieran--I really don't know what to expect in Cincinnati or New York City this summer. Carlitos is obviously one of the ones to watch along with the Serbian Slayer. But, the Russian string bean is always dangerous on the summer hards of North America and you never know what the Italian Sinner might do.
That’s it my friend, and we don’t even know what to expect in Canada, the post-USO tourneys, everything from now until the end of the season is up for grabs. The world number 1 ranking included.

Big T’oe might even grab a headline. That’s how unpredictable things are right now! That’s very unpredictable!

Status
Not open for further replies.