2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Building a new tennis complex in Charlotte is absolutely unnecessary and a waste of taxpayer money. If they want to move the Western & Southern Open to North Carolina, why not just move it to Winston Salem, which already has one?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Building a new tennis complex in Charlotte is absolutely unnecessary and a waste of taxpayer money. If they want to move the Western & Southern Open to North Carolina, why not just move it to Winston Salem, which already has one?
One word: money. A Masters 1000 in Charlotte will bring a lot of money to that area, through tourism, hotels/motels, restaurants, etc.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev just played a super sloppy game to throw the first set at RBA.

Reactions: tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
One word: money. A Masters 1000 in Charlotte will bring a lot of money to that area, through tourism, hotels/motels, restaurants, etc.

I'm not one to reward a state full of a-#oles! It's totally political on my part, but the South separates themselves from the rest of the country and I wouldn't give them even a bone until they start acting right! I won't go any further because I will inevitably insult, disparage, & undermine their fk'n heritage! Screw 'em all down there! :fearful-face: :pleading-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::smiling-face-with-horns:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I'm not one to reward a state full of a-#oles! It's totally political on my part, but the South separates themselves from the rest of the country and I wouldn't give them even a bone until they start acting right! I won't go any further because I will inevitably insult, disparage, & undermine their fk'n heritage! Screw 'em all down there! :fearful-face: :pleading-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::smiling-face-with-horns:
Yes, but how do you really feel about it?

• Haha
Reactions: lomaha and Fiero425

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not gonna lie, that planned tennis complex in Charlotte looks really nice, with 4 tennis stadiums along with the grandstand ones…

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Yes, but how do you really feel about it?

I say let South separate from the rest of the country! See how they survive without all the money and investments of the North who keep them from living in $#it! The politicians don't help lying about high taxes when the facts are they pay little and get back a lot in Federal grants! They're as currupt as any they point a finger at & they can all go str. to #ell IMO! Is that enough? My hands shake thinking of those self-rightous inbreds! :smiling-face-with-horns:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Jannik has a abductor muscle strain the reason why he withdrew in his match, hopefully he will be okay for Wimbledon, this year so far has been a horror year for Jannik, sickness and injury,
Ugh! I keep wanting Jannik and Alcaraz to further their rivalry, yet now there’s always a cloud of injury — and they’re young! Disappointing.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ugh! I keep wanting Jannik and Alcaraz to further their rivalry, yet now there’s always a cloud of injury — and they’re young! Disappointing.
Jannik more so I am afraid, their SF match at the USO last year was one of the 'matches of the year', I thought we would see their rivalry this year, sad to say it has not happened as yet, I feel Rune has more upside to his game than Sinner

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice clutch match by Rune, beating Musetti 6-4, 7-5
Overcoming 2 set points serving at 4-5, 0-30 at 6-5 and won on a nice kick serve winner. The Danish Angel is on to the SF’s. Learrning on grass even now and trying to stay consistently agressive , next hes got Alex De Minaur.

Sidenote: those are stupid Nike outfits the guys were wearing , looks like they’re wearing boxers underneath their tennis shorts, LOL.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nice clutch match by Rune, beating Musetti 6-4, 7-5
Overcoming 2 set points serving at 4-5, 0-30 at 6-5 and won on a nice kick serve winner. The Danish Angel is own to the SF’s. Learrning on grass even now and trying to stay consistently agressive , next hes got Alex A.

Sidenote: those are stupid Nike outfits the guys were wearing , looks like they’re wearing boxers underneath their tennis shorts, LOL.

I thought even worse of those new Nike designs! They look rather cheap & ill-fitting! I just said TACKY! Few will ever outdo the old reliable Fila! :)

Reactions: Jelenafan

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I look forward to seeing Dimitrov in a better shape then he has been for a long time. But is it enough to battle Alcaraz?

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Currently ranked #24 on the live rankings. Potentially dangerous floater at W? He's still in Halle, obviously, so his ranking can improve to 18-19, max.
That was RBA first top 10 win since January, he said he was working hard to find his form again, he was happy with his level in his match against Medvedev,
Yep potentially a floater for W

Status
Not open for further replies.