2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
While I was out on my run I had a 'memory flash' I remember Rafa and Uncle Toni invited invited Donald and his dad to train with Rafa in Spain, they reclined the offer, in hindsight I wonder if that was a good decision, seeing Donald is stuck in the challenger circuit
It was a dumb AZZ move by him and his parents team..how do you turn down the world #2 at that time.. morons

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a dumb AZZ move by him and his parents team..how do you turn down the world #2 at that time.. morons
Agree, I didnt at the time understand why they declined the invitation, other players would have jumped at the chance.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe it is just a precaution, let's see if he does play with the sleeve in his first match, you were right with your weather forecast for the tournament, sad to say it looks like matches due to rain will be stop and start.
I just watched his press conference and he was asked about the elbow. Said elbow will be ready and okay for the first match.

Weather is not good at all for the first few days, lots of rain, cold and no sunshine, but it will get much better towards the weekend.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I had no ideal Novak signed up to play in Banja Luka, the Srpska Open along w/ Monte Carlo winner Rublev in the country of Bosnia & Herzegovina! I guess if the #1 player in the world plays a 250 event, it gets more press like Tele-viv as happened last season! Novak avoids playing Stan Wawrinka in the 2nd Rd., who dropped his 1st match to some nobody by the name of Banja Luka! I guess extra practice is extra practice! Coric joins the tournament as well! - https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-banja-luka-2023-preview - :clap: :thinking-face::yawningface::fearful-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just watched his press conference and he was asked about the elbow. Said elbow will be ready and okay for the first match.

Weather is not good at all for the first few days, lots of rain, cold and no sunshine, but it will get much better towards the weekend.
Good news on all fronts, especially with the weather improving, enjoy your stay and keep us informed

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Feliciano Lopez, still handsome, but gray of beard and definitely longer in the tooth, trying to stay in it v. David Goffin, who still looks 12, in Barcelona.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I knew Medvedev and Rublev were childhood firends, he chose Andrey Rublev to be godfather to his daughter, nice, I didn't realize they were that close.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW, what I saw of Alcaraz today, he looks in stunningly good form. No sign of injury. I tried to watch some of the match, but it was over so quickly!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I had no ideal Novak signed up to play in Banja Luka, the Srpska Open along w/ Monte Carlo winner Rublev in the country of Bosnia & Herzegovina! I guess if the #1 player in the world plays a 250 event, it gets more press like Tele-viv as happened last season! Novak avoids playing Stan Wawrinka in the 2nd Rd., who dropped his 1st match to some nobody by the name of Banja Luka! I guess extra practice is extra practice! Coric joins the tournament as well! - https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-banja-luka-2023-preview - :clap: :thinking-face::yawningface::fearful-face:
Dude, this is his home tournament usually held in Serbia. This year only it is being held in Bosnia. They must be updating the facility or something. There were talks last year that they wanted to promote it to a 500. But it has to have certain amount of courts for that and maybe that's the update they're doing.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dude, this is his home tournament usually held in Serbia. This year only it is being held in Bosnia. They must be updating the facility or something. There were talks last year that they wanted to promote it to a 500. But it has to have certain amount of courts for that and maybe that's the update they're doing.
Way to have your finger on the pulse, K! Good intel.

Djokovic playing young Van Assche right now on TC. Is @don_fabio there today? Van Assche served for the first set, but Nole got the break back. Now they go to TB in the first. Van Assche only has like 1-2 wins on tour, so his 2nd or 3rd isn't going to be beating world #1, but he's good, and it's fun to watch this up-and-comer. He's on the small side, needs a real serve, but he's fast, very good.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I like this Lil Van Assche dude ..he is taking the match to the Great Siberian Slayer..great match so far they're in a first set TBr..Novak is screaming like he is playing against one of his fellow GOATS

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Way to have your finger on the pulse, K! Good intel.

Djokovic playing young Van Assche right now on TC. Is @don_fabio there today? Van Assche served for the first set, but Nole got the break back. Now they go to TB in the first. Van Assche only has like 1-2 wins on tour, so his 2nd or 3rd isn't going to be beating world #1, but he's good, and it's fun to watch this up-and-comer. He's on the small side, needs a real serve, but he's fast, very good.
He is very quick and fast.. you're right plus the chick on TC..he needs some weapons because he has to be reduced to grinding all his points..he may upset the self promoting campaign Siberian Slayer

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He is very quick and fast.. you're right plus the chick on TC..he needs some weapons because he has to be reduced to grinding all his points..he may upset the self promoting campaign Siberian Slayer

Well I remembered it as Belgrade & didn't notice! Novak isn't doing much to thwart an upset by this kid! Is he BORED? He needs the practice! :fearful-face:

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I remembered it as Belgrade & didn't notice! Novak isn't doing much to thwart an upset by this kid! Is he BORED? He needs the practice! :fearful-face:
Maybe Novak needs his special bottle of concoctions to give him the energy boost

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe Novak needs his special bottle of concoctions to give him the energy boost
LOL! The French have high hopes for this youngster, Novak up a break in the 3rd set, I wonder if Don Fabio is there today, I will be interested to know his thoughts on the young Frenchman and if Novak's elbow is still giving him grief, BTW your girl Rybakina is playing at present
Novak raises his game in the 3rd set winning 62.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently the lil kid thought he could swim with the Serbian shark..who decided to take him out the deep part of the Serbia Sea and the lil kid drowned on his way back to shore.. that's what the GOATs do to the youngins jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic says this is the slowest court he ever played?
Tournament's license is owned by his family, but they probably didn't expect 3 consecutive rainy days

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.