2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I believe that Ramos was a good umpire, minus the 2018 US Open women's final (which he cost Serena a chance at the title).
Glad he is gone,and I remember how his true colors came out in certain matches.Ramos and the other one Mariana will disappear into eternal obscurity.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m glad Casper got back on some good footing. He definitely needed this win, but I need him to take one of the bigger tournaments. I hope he considers his scheduling better at the end of the year and says no to exhibitions or chooses his participation a bit more carefully. I know he loves Rafa, and he probably wasn’t going to say no outright.

I am glad to see Thiem is making some changes probably a bit late to truly change his chances this year, but maybe by US Open or next year.

Thiem as a blonde no. Ruud would look much better blonde than Thiem.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I believe that Ramos was a good umpire, minus the 2018 US Open women's final (which he cost Serena a chance at the title).
By making a correct call? Interesting.

I always liked this umpire, he was ordered, slightly detached, not showy in any way, and it’s a shame that his career suffered due to the Serena incident. He never umpired another GS final after that. That was a big loss for tennis, and so is his retirement…

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She was very incompetent and it's a shame that some so shoddy with her work has a job that requires discernment.
She was at the Estoril tournament when Ramos retired, I didnt recognize her as her hair is quite short, one of the commies said she was now a WTA tournament official.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She was at the Estoril tournament when Ramos retired, I didnt recognize her as her hair is quite short, one of the commies said she was now a WTA tournament official.
That woman was hated by most players because of her incompetence.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Recently retired umpire Carlos Ramos had a press conference today in Oeiras, said he will keep working as a supervisor on the tour.

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barcelona Update:
OUT: Nadal, Korda, Carreno Busta , Medvedev
Apart from Rafa who has not played since the AO, Korda who sustained a wrist injury at the AO, like Rafa, has not played since the AO

Main draw cards for Barcelona
Fernando Verdasco
Daniel Rincon
Pablo Andujar
Feliciano Lopez

Main draw will be held Saturday 15th April

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Barcelona Update:
OUT: Nadal, Korda, Carreno Busta , Medvedev
Apart from Rafa who has not played since the AO, Korda who sustained a wrist injury at the AO, like Rafa, has not played since the AO

Main draw cards for Barcelona
Fernando Verdasco
Daniel Rincon
Pablo Andujar
Feliciano Lopez

Main draw will be held Saturday 15th April
Some pretty good looking wild cards in there...and I'm not really talking about their tennis. ;)

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I honestly forgot that Rafa played at the AO and had to look it up. It is weird...we really haven't seen high level Rafa since Wimbledon last year, which I believe is when he got hurt in the QF against Fritz.

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.