2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching Thiem who was given a WC in Santiago against Garin
Dominic's FH is just awful
Garin won the 1st set 62 it has gone to a t/break in the 2nd set Garin leading 4-0
Garin wins 62 76 (2) .......Thiem goes out in a first round match again
Results of Thiem's Golden Swing events
RD 2 in Buenos Aires,
R 1 in Rio
Rd 1 in Santiago
I wonder what Thiem thinks of his career now, how he sees it going from now on. Does he think he’ll get back to the top or is he just competing out of habit and love, like Murray? I’m glad he is, but I wonder how much hope he has inside…

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder what Thiem thinks of his career now, how he sees it going from now on. Does he think he’ll get back to the top or is he just competing out of habit and love, like Murray? I’m glad he is, but I wonder how much hope he has inside…
It must be pretty tough on him mentally when we compare where he was. Some mentioned DelPo, but that guy had several comebacks from injuries and when he was injury free or could manage his health issues he usually climbed in rankings quickly and played as close to his best as he could. Thiem seems to be playing just awful every week.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Bro, give him some time.. Dominic has a great team and he knows he has the talent..The cream Always rises back to the top

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Bro, give him some time.. Dominic has a great team and he knows he has the talent..The cream Always rises back to the top
Hopefully you’re right! I always liked him, he’s an honest player in terms of effort, and he was on a nice trajectory to be comparable with Murray or Wawrinka, going deep everywhere and winning big sometimes…

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
FAA down a set and a break to Sonego.

EDIT: And FAA is gone. Sonego played well, but Felix may have had something affecting him.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP I just got home from work and I saw Kieren post to me regarding Dom, in my opinion he has to go back to the challenger circuit and try to win 'a tournament' he has run out of his PR, he gets WC into tournaments and cant t get past the 1st rd, eg AO, he was given a WC to Santiago tournament again lost in the 1st rd, his FH is just terrible to watch at present, as I posted the furthest he has go at the Golden Swing was RD 2? he has been given a WC into IW, being a past champion, it will be the 'same story' at present he is a just a former shadow of himself.He cant rely on getting WC all the time, quite frankly I question his team at present and their plans? because they are just not working. Time to get 'real' and accept the facts quite frankly.

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
AP I just got home from work and I saw Kieren post to me regarding Dom, in my opinion he has to go back to the challenger circuit and try to win 'a tournament' he has run out of his PR, he gets WC into tournaments and cant t get past the 1st rd, eg AO, he was given a WC to Santiago tournament again lost in the 1st rd, his FH is just terrible to watch at present, as I posted the furthest he has go at the Golden Swing was RD 2? he has been given a WC into IW, being a past champion, it will be the 'same story' at present he is a just a former shadow of himself.He cant rely on getting WC all the time, quite frankly I question his team at present and their plans? because they are just not working. Time to get 'real' and accept the facts quite frankly.
It’s not a bad idea. It worked for Agassi, he played challengers and it helped him to realise how far he’d fallen…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s not a bad idea. It worked for Agassi, he played challengers and it helped him to realise how far he’d fallen…
Exactly, Dom was playing challengers to begin with, then started using his PR for bigger tournaments,which you can only use for 9 months, he has run out of PR, Dom needs to win a 'tournament' even the challenger circuit isnt easy these days, quite frankly I have run out of ideas, his form since he got this injury has not improved at all, he has gone backwards, sad to say.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Solid win from Medvedev over Bublik 64 62 without conceding any BP, winning 36/41 service points,even though he said he was feeling a bit tired lol!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
FAA down a set and a break to Sonego.

EDIT: And FAA is gone. Sonego played well, but Felix may have had something affecting him.

Our expectations are high! I tell you, we've been spoiled by the excel. of the Big 3! Those days are gone! Injured players will continue to struggle! ;)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Vegas Exhibition has been cancelled with Carlos Alcaraz having injury concerns. Fans will receive full refunds

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After struggling against Andreozzi in R1, #4 Casper Ruud now down a set 75 to #125 Taro Daniel in Acapulco RD2
I'm surprised Taro Daniel is #125. He's a quality player and has troubled more than a few really good players.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm surprised Taro Daniel is #125. He's a quality player and has troubled more than a few really good players.
Ruud has played better in the 2nd set wins 62., Daniel is a player than can trouble good players

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Feliciano Lopez went down to Tiafoe. I just saw the end. He had his wife and son with him. Not sure what motivates him, but he's still out there fighting. He's definitely one I thought who would have been gone long ago. But, at 41, body's holding up...I guess he still loves it.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Both Taro and Casper are drenched in sweat 6 all in the 3rd set t/break to begin
The crowd is firmly behind Taro

Status
Not open for further replies.