2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mahac is calling for the trainer… I think it’s his thumb. Not sure if it’s a cramp or something got jammed, but they’re suggesting they tape his wrist, but he’s chosen not to.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Matteo Arnaldi played some beautiful tennis against Medvedev. The first six or seven games were inspired. Machac also has played quality tennis for sustained portions of his match with Novak, but whatever he did to his hand has thrown him off rhythm.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Machac took the 2nd set off of Novak. Czech playing good tennis, Novak showing some rust. The drink doctor is there. After the drink, he passed some kind of a pill to the ball kid, who dropped it on the floor, but, observing the 3-second rule, picked it up and Djokovic put it in his mouth. Commies wonder what it is. What ever happened to the idea that Novak was going to reveal all about his drinks and his huffing out of a bottle, etc? That's been 9 months ago, no, that he promised that?
:face-vomiting:

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Back on serve…

In that game, Machac made a backhand volley drop shot that was unreal. He put his hand to his mouth, having shocked himself! :lol6: I like this kid.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I also like the way Machac finds the corners of the court, Novak making some strange shot selections in this match

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mahac Machac Macrach or whatever his name was, you know the player outside the Top 100, was really bullying Djokovic on the court today (on Djokovic's best surface)! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Djokovic looked so helpless. It's over, stick a fork in the Olympics bronze medalist. He is done! :astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not a fun flight. Up a break here in the third… he should be able to close it out on his serve.
Novak's serve saved the day, in the t/break, though the youngster pushed him all the way, there was rust, hopefully his shot selection improves in his next match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
There was a 'shining light' earlier in Dubai, thanks to Botic van de Zandschulp who saved tennis defeating KK in straight sets 75 62

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News,

From Alcaraz on Twitter,

Unfortunately I won't be able to play in Acapulco. I have a Grade 1 strain in my right hamstring that will keep me out for several days according to the tests this morning

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Norrie has withdrawn as well, citing fatique

Acapulco update,
OUT: Alcaraz and Norrie
IN: 2 LL

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching Thiem who was given a WC in Santiago against Garin
Dominic's FH is just awful
Garin won the 1st set 62 it has gone to a t/break in the 2nd set Garin leading 4-0
Garin wins 62 76 (2) .......Thiem goes out in a first round match again
Results of Thiem's Golden Swing events
RD 2 in Buenos Aires,
R 1 in Rio
Rd 1 in Santiago

Last edited:
  • Sad

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Norrie has withdrawn as well, citing fatique

Acapulco update,
OUT: Alcaraz and Norrie
IN: 2 LL
In my draw challenge, I picked them both to lose, figuring they'd withdraw. Worrying about Alcaraz, though.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In my draw challenge, I picked them both to lose, figuring they'd withdraw. Worrying about Alcaraz, though.
At least Alcaraz is listening to the advice after his MRI, I guess we will get further updates in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.