2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Ben handling the windy conditions well, was down 1-3 in the 1st set he serve won him many free points in the t/break which he won 76(7) over Rune.
Ben your serve let you down when you needed it the most, tight 2nd set with Rune breaking your serve to win 64, onto a 3rd set
Ben has to improve his return game, he is young and has plenty of time to improve in this area, though he is 'fearless' on his serve, love his smile,he really enjoys his tennis, winning or losing which is good to see.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Omg, turned away to watch a couple episodes of "True Blood" and these poor guys are still going at it in the 3rd! IDK how this new crop can survive long going to war in every match they play? They aren't like Fedalovic who're obviously supermen to keep it going at a high level for 20+ years! - It's over w/ Rune defeating Shelton 6-7, 6-4, 6-2! Another good win for Holger! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Holger Rune d Ben Shelton 67(7) 64 62
Holger served much better in the 2nd and 3rd sets, also the slower courts suited his game more
Keep practicing Ben
Good to hear Petkovic a WTA player, now retired, commentating on this match
Rune said after the match, Ben's serve was one of the biggest he has faced.BTW this was their first meeting
BTW Rune and Shelton will play doubles together at IW

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will watch the Ruud match, interested to see how he fares in Acapulco, players warming up at present
Ruud should have no trouble against a Argentina player Andresozzi his ranking is #342

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Carlos Alcaraz will undergo a MRI today ( he is in Acapulco) to see the extent of his injury....source Marca

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
#342 Andreozzi is giving Ruud a very tough time in Acapulco up 4-3 in the 1st set
Ruud finally breaks the serve of Andreozzi wins the 1st set 64
Going 3 sets as Andreozzi wins the 2nd set 64
Tough to describe Ruud's level today, I know there is rust, still I havent seen him play this poorly, cant find the court with his fhand, timing is way off
Andreozzi had his chances to win the 3rd set, Ruud saving 3 BPs now going to a t/break for the 3rd set
In a 3 hour plus battle as it is nearly 2am in Acapulco, Ruud (2) survives against Qualifer #342 Andreozzi 64 46 76(2)

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
snip.JPG

Routine win.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ITF has announced the first 3 teams that will compete in the Hopman Cup 19-23 July at the Nice Lawn Tennis Club

Spain: Carlos Alcaraz and Paula Badosa
France: Richard Gasquet and Alize Cornet
Switzerland: Leandro Riedi and Belinda Bencic
3 remaining teams will be announced in March

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And by “doctor” I hope you mean “sports psychologist” who talks him out of playing.
No sad to say, he is still playing at this stage, I have not heard of any more news of his results of his MRI scan which he was due to have yesterday in Alcapulco

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
David Gofffin will be out for a few weeks due to knee issues, he will try to come back for a full clay season

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
More knee issues for the 32 year old — I wonder if he’ll retire this year.
He has missed a lot of tennis this year, with injury, knee, he may have to decide at the end of the year, if he continues to play.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
No sad to say, he is still playing at this stage, I have not heard of any more news of his results of his MRI scan which he was due to have yesterday in Alcapulco
Do you think his persistence to play is attributed to regaining #1?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you think his persistence to play is attributed to regaining #1?
No not really, I feel after being off the tour since November last year, he wants to get back on the tour and find his form again.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Machac took the 2nd set off of Novak. Czech playing good tennis, Novak showing some rust. The drink doctor is there. After the drink, he passed some kind of a pill to the ball kid, who dropped it on the floor, but, observing the 3-second rule, picked it up and Djokovic put it in his mouth. Commies wonder what it is. What ever happened to the idea that Novak was going to reveal all about his drinks and his huffing out of a bottle, etc? That's been 9 months ago, no, that he promised that?

Reactions: TheSicilian

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Machac took the 2nd set off of Novak. Czech playing good tennis, Novak showing some rust. The drink doctor is there. After the drink, he passed some kind of a pill to the ball kid, who dropped it on the floor, but, observing the 3-second rule, picked it up and Djokovic put it in his mouth. Commies wonder what it is. What ever happened to the idea that Novak was going to reveal all about his drinks and his huffing out of a bottle, etc? That's been 9 months ago, no, that he promised that?
This young man has really pushed Novak, I saw the 'magic drink and also the pill' which clearly did not work in the 2nd set lol!
Still waiting for the documentary when Novak will explain the 'magic drink' etc.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This young man has really pushed Novak, I saw the 'magic drink and also the pill' which clearly did not work in the 2nd set lol!
Still waiting for the documentary when Novak will explain the 'magic drink' etc.
EDIT: Machac is taking a MTO in the middle of the second game of the 3rd set.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.