2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in, Alcaraz will still decide on Acapulco with his team, confirms it is the same problem ( injury) that made him miss the AO, which is not ideal.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
News just in, Alcaraz will still decide on Acapulco with his team, confirms it is the same problem ( injury) that made him miss the AO, which is not ideal.
This is always a concern with nascent talent. Along with all the promise, determination and early success comes the questions as to whether they will have a relatively healthy career or one prone to injury. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is always a concern with nascent talent. Along with all the promise, determination and early success comes the questions as to whether they will have a relatively healthy career or one prone to injury. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar.
Just read he will travel to Acapulco, still pretends to play? he had the trainer out in the final and also in the s/final regarding his leg, I hope he is making the right decision

Reactions: tented and nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Injury news updates,

Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn from IW/Miami he has not recovered from knee surgery, still intends to play on the clay this year? I will believe that when he does :)

Andy Murray withdrawn from Dubai....after a tough week in Doha

Alcaraz will travel to Acapulo, still pretends to play.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seb Korda, David Goffin, Benjamin Bonzi have all withdrawn from IW, Seb's injury a concern, his wrist problems from the AO appear not to be healed
IN: Monteiro, Kubler, Otte.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
There will be no slam champs competing in Aca when Carlito withdraws. Why did they all go to Dubai?

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just read he will travel to Acapulco, still pretends to play? he had the trainer out in the final and also in the s/final regarding his leg, I hope he is making the right decision
Young people tend to think they’re invincible. I imagine his team is on top of this and doing their best to make sure he keeps his eyes on the long game.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Young people tend to think they’re invincible. I imagine his team is on top of this and doing their best to make sure he keeps his eyes on the long game.
Yes they are, I mean some of his shots he was doing in the final yesterday were on 'one leg' in the 3rd set

• Sad
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev beat Lehecka in three. ‍ Neither of them should have had to face the other in the first round.
Watched a bit of that match, Berdych was in the stands watching Lehecka, Sasha won in 3, though played well in patches

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz said his first rd match is against McDonald on Tuesday, and will do everything to recover and wants to play.But it's something he'll have to evaluate with his physio and doctor.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seb Korda is targeting Miami for return.Korda has been able to do a 'very solid fitness block' in his time sidelined, his team says.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
There will be no slam champs competing in Aca when Carlito withdraws. Why did they all go to Dubai?

I must be missing something! What? Dubai has Novak and Medvedev, but the stronger draw/seeds is definitely in Acapulco! Aca also got the HOTTIES in Rune, Shapo, Ruud, & Shelton! :fearful-face: :yawningface::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just starting to watch my rising youngster Ben Shelton against Rune in Acapulco

Status
Not open for further replies.