2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That said,

I’m just glad he was able to control his nerves. That said, Medvedev’s game has all the allure of watching a metronome on top of the piano
But you have to admit, his facial expressions are sooo entertaining. ; )

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
MM, Have I mentioned how much I like watching Charlie play?

Do you have to turn down the volume w/ all that disgusting grunting? It's so unnecessary, but what can we do? I thought we were supposed to phase that crap out after Seles made it fashionable to annoy opponents! What happened? It's only gotten worse w/ some players! :sneezing-face: :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos having no trouble in his match against Norrie 63 1st and is up a break in the 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meanwhile at the Delray Beach final I am just SB the match

Fritz is 3-0 in 7 mins against Kecmanovic

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OOps DF from Carlos while serving for the match back on serve in the 2nd set
Also nice to see Gabby Sabatini in the crowd, Kieren will be delighted, according to my commies she has been there every day
Gosh Cam Norrie and his service action drives me to distraction lol!
5 games all 2nd set

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cam Norrie DF and Carlos Alcaraz wins the final and tournament in Buenos Aires 63 75
A bit tight at first serving for the match, but when all things considered he has not played a match since November last year
Well done Carlos! his best match all tournament! that is title no 7
At 19 yrs old Carlos is the youngest winner of the tournament!
BTW Carlos will play Rio next where he is the defending champion

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meanwhile in Delray Beach final,

Taylor Fritz wins the 1st set 60 against Kecmanovic, on serve early in the 2nd set
Kecmanovic breaks the serve of Fritz and will serve for the 2nd set 6-5
Kemonovic wins the 2nd set 75....going 3, Fritz again too passive, had MP let it slip away from him.Toilet Break
Fritx gets an early break in the 3rd set leads 3-1, he can win this match, if he stays aggressive, with the right shots

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would have been happy with either Sinner or Medvedev today, for different reasons. (Not the Nadal one.) I am glad to see Medvedev back to winning ways, and I did think the surface suited his game very well. I mostly root for Sinner, of the two, but he's young and has time.

Terrific Carlos in that final, though he blinked trying to serve it out. That's OK.

I didn't see much of Fritz, but I'm glad he won.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Fritz is now #7 (#5 on TCC) in the World! Who would have "thunk it?" Certainly not me! Even though winning, even defeating Rafa last year, I didn't think it would last! We'll see if he defends that IW title! I'm doubting it, but that's my middle name now after witnessing greatness throughout the Pro tour history! It started w/ Laver, then Borg, Sampras, topping it all w/ The Big 3! I'm always hopeful of players like Khachanov, Hurkacz, & Coric, but coming up short! The newest crop looks good, but we'll have to see how they fare physically! Tennis is truly grueling these days & all the newbies will have a lot to think about trying to not just win, but to stay healthy and uninjured! :astonished-face: :pleading-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would have been happy with either Sinner or Medvedev today, for different reasons. (Not the Nadal one.) I am glad to see Medvedev back to winning ways, and I did think the surface suited his game very well. I mostly root for Sinner, of the two, but he's young and has time.

Terrific Carlos in that final, though he blinked trying to serve it out. That's OK.

I didn't see much of Fritz, but I'm glad he won.
I had to go out when Fritz had a break early in the 3rd set, just got back and saw him win 62 in the final set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz will become a Top 5 player in February 27th ( both Nadal and Rublev defend 500 points next week)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had to go out when Fritz had a break early in the 3rd set, just got back and saw him win 62 in the final set
Likewise, I had to go out after the start of Sinner v. Medvedev, thinking I'd catch the end of the third, but got back for the trophy ceremony.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What in the world was Norrie doing in So. America playing on clay? He made the final as the #2 seed though! Is he going all out for clay tour & FO?
If you look him up, Cam Norrie has a by far better record on clay than on other surfaces. Don't judge a book by it's Anglo-Saxon origins. BTW, Cam and Charlie on track to meet in the final again in Rio. This based on my draw challenge.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Doha has an interesting line-up. Marseille less-so, but still some interesting players in both. Still looking to see if Zverev is coming back. He's in Doha.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

Actually the draw for Rio isnt much different than the one in Buenos Aires, but the entire tournament is sold out, literally from Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.