2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just about to post that news, Finland will now play USA in a deciding tie.
Did you see how Tiafoe lost a match against Griekspoor. Dutch guy had 5:2 in a 3rd set TB. He serves down a T and line judge calls out. Tiafoe was on the ball and threw it into the net as it was called out. Then the hawk eye says it was in and the umpire calls a score, 6:2. Tiafoe goes ballistic, argues with the umpire and ends up smashing his racket on the floor, but he had some warnings from before so the umpire gave him a point penalty and that was it, 7:2, finito.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did you see how Tiafoe lost a match against Griekspoor. Dutch guy had 5:2 in a 3rd set TB. He serves down a T and line judge calls out. Tiafoe was on the ball and threw it into the net as it was called out. Then the hawk eye says it was in and the umpire calls a score, 6:2. Tiafoe goes ballistic, argues with the umpire and ends up smashing his racket on the floor, but he had some warnings from before so the umpire gave him a point penalty and that was it, 7:2, finito.
He deserved his point penalty, agree with what you said, he had warnings before, and he went too far at the end

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ain't no damn way I would have missed my grandmother's homecoming.. Do you think his grandma would have missed his final service
Perhaps if she had a big tennis match. There ARE a tennis family. :lol6: Only kidding...I don't think, Davis Cup, especially in this new format, is worth missing your grandmother's funeral for. I think families make these kinds of decisions together, so I'm sure he had their blessing to play. It's his life.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm watching Mackie McDonald (USA) play Otto Virtanen (Finland) who (@kskate2)seems like a contender for Nordic Babycakes. After being a break down, the cute Finn came back to win the first set.

Reactions: kskate2

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Musetti is having a baby with his girlfriend. Congratulations!

Ever since Nadal had a baby everyone now wants a baby... His influence on tennis and the world is undeniable. :good:

I bet the world population will be increasing dramatically in the next few years thanks to Nadal's impact. :clap:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is what Davis Cup used to be with all the drama, atmosphere, what a nail biting match!
Dan Evans and Neal Skupski came from the brink of defeat in a 3rd set TB saved 4MPs to defeat France 61 67(4) 76(6) to secure GBR a 2-1 victory against France and a place in the last 8.

Davis Cup Final 8 for Malaga,
Czech Republic
Serbia
Netherlands
Finland
Italy
Canada
Australia
GBR

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Davis Cup final 8 is officially set.
Canada - Finland
Czech Republic - Australia
Italy - Netherlands
Serbia - GBR

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz is in doubt for Beijing and will decide his participation in the next couple of days. Likely a Shanghai start.His minor leg and wrist pain an issue, which he picked up during the North American hard court swing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP500 Beijing returns to the ATP calendar starting Sept 28th with one of the draws of the year,
Following matches are 1st rounds,
Musetti v KK
Rune v FAA Rune has recovered from his pinched nerve in his back and also he has go back to his original coach Lars Christensen
Sinner v Evans
Zverev v Schwartzman
Tsitsipas v Jarry
Rublev v Norrie
Murray v De Minaur
Medvedev v Paul
Alcaraz will face a qualifer Hanfmann in his first round match

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.