2020 French Open Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I’m sorry for you too Retardo, for many reasons.
Keep on trying to understand Retardo.
He still brings back everything, that’s main reason for his success in the past and now, the best working donkey ever.
There isn’t significant decline for his game style yet.
If you read carefully you will see it’s not the question if he runs faster or not of his younger self, he would beat him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No decline? Every player present or past or even from six feet under would tell you, that you are not as good in your mid 30s as in your 20s. That includes the big 3. Not sure why you bonehead even makes an argument about it. If you say they get better because of more experience, then why don’t they just never retire since they will forever have more experience (as if it’s a magic potion)?

There isn’t an ounce of brain in Bonehead, just look at his way of thinking.....maybe he just loves humiliating himself in public

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Great post. AMR, and yet again it has to be pointed out to young Cali that Novak served a higher % in set 2 and lost it 6-2. Somehow, this is irrelevant to him and yet, it's a completely sane reply to his flourishing display of the third set stat of Novak serving at 74%. Compared to this, rafa served at 57% first serves.

He won the set, and the match.

Go figge
You’re thinking of tennis matches in terms of romance novels. “Novak was shell shocked with the whole world watching. You see, he didn’t set the tone. It’s like the bride on her wedding night, she wants to look her prettiest.”

You watch tennis wrongly. Don’t give me a “Djokovic perspective.” What the heck is that? You’re watching the match, you’re not able to give Djokovic’s perspective. You would only be thinking, “I better counter-factual this match because I don’t like how it went down. I’ve an idea, from Djokovic perspective 40% is a lousy insurmountable beginning! Thank you Lord!”

This is purchasing into more romantic myths, ignoring the excellent scoring system that resets things at the beginning of the next set. Novak, romantically speaking, isn’t virginal in these settings. He’s used to the wedding night. He’s used to scrapping back. He scrapped back with a high first serve % in set two and was hammered there too.

In fact, in set 3, it was only competitive for 2 games, 3 at most. Novak broke back, Novak held, Rafa held.

Match over...
During the pressor, Rafa asked a question if he was trying to repay Novak for the butt whipping he took the AO 19 final. Rafa response was No. Personally, I think that was a Rafa "no" from the early days of his English translation.. Acourse Rafa needed to finally send a message to Novak and his team that the last phase of their rivalry is going to be as competitive as the first few years , hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
During the pressor, Rafa asked a question if he was trying to repay Novak for the butt whipping he took the AO 19 final. Rafa response was No. Personally, I think that was a Rafa "no" from the early days of his English translation.. Acourse Rafa needed to finally send a message to Novak and his team that the last phase of their rivalry is going to be as competitive as the first few years , hopefully.

Well, it’s always difficult to say, and players have enough motivation in a grand slam final as it is, but I’d say Rafa took some pleasure in asserting himself over Novak this way, it has to give him some confidence, but if we believe that top players are also motivated by revenge, then he’s certainly given his opponent a huge hostage to fortune.

But I remember after the FO semi in 2013 Rafa referred to to the Oz final in 2012 and said something like, that one was his and this one is for me. Hopefully he still remembers Wimbledon 2018...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
No decline? Every player present or past or even from six feet under would tell you, that you are not as good in your mid 30s as in your 20s. That includes the big 3. Not sure why you bonehead even makes an argument about it. If you say they get better because of more experience, then why don’t they just never retire since they will forever have more experience (as if it’s a magic potion)?

There isn’t an ounce of brain in Bonehead, just look at his way of thinking.....maybe he just loves humiliating himself in public

Nadull is stronger now , therefor no decline overall. Looking at level of play you have to take into account more than just physics, also mental toughness and experience. He plays at his ceiling of abilities. The combination is better than 10 years ago, which don’t means it will be forever.
One day the other two components will not be enough to compensate Fall of physical abilities , not yet.

It’s not that difficult , simple mind, isn’t it?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadull is stronger now , therefor no decline overall.
oh wow, stronger how? experience and mental? ain't they all like that for older players? yet according to you, they all decline except Nadal who keeps getting 'stronger'.....

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
oh wow, stronger how? experience and mental? ain't they all like that for older players? yet according to you, they all decline except Nadal who keeps getting 'stronger'.....

Ricardo you are 100% right as usual but don't waste your time... You might as well talk to a 5 year old kid and he would make more sense than Bonaca. :good:

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ricardo you are 100% right as usual but don't waste your time... You might as well talk to a 5 year old kid and he would make more sense than Bonaca. :good:
all i wanted was a bit of common sense and perspective. fair is fair, that's whats wrong with Djoker fans like him. They talk bs, then when pointed out they get all insulting and cry victim. Nadal beat the crap out of Djoker, yet all he did was run around (and faster than ever) and got balls back........and of course Djoker didn't even try, yeah same old. Cant they be at least a bit creative?

If Djoker himself was anything special, he was the rabbit who got more balls back than anyone.......watching his highlight reel, it was almost always about counterpunching, winning from his defence. Funny how they insulted Nadal for doing it to their idol.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
all i wanted was a bit of common sense and perspective. fair is fair, that's whats wrong with Djoker fans like him. They talk bs, then when pointed out they get all insulting and cry victim. Nadal beat the crap out of Djoker, yet all he did was run around (and faster than ever) and got balls back........and of course Djoker didn't even try, yeah same old. Cant they be at least a bit creative?

If Djoker himself was anything special, he was the rabbit who got more balls back than anyone.......watching his highlight reel, it was almost always about counterpunching, winning from his defence. Funny how they insulted Nadal for doing it to their idol.
Well, allegedly doing it to their idol, because as we saw, Rafa also outplayed him through superior shot-making and point construction, as well as being mentally more up to the task in this hugely historic match. It was devastating, glorious and absolutely a performance for the ages...

Reactions: tented and Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

What really funny is to hear you talking about fairness, perspective, crying and especially insulting.
Is someone else using your account?

What did you point out simpy?
Nadull won because of subpar Novak, and mostly because of his endless rabbit skills. It has to be repeated because it happened more than once and even more often be denied by simple guys like you.
You get approval from Nadal troll no1 and sporadically-Kieran, wow, you must be right.

Comparing their peaks , Novak always winner. More complete.
Only thing Nadull could better do is running/bringing back. But I admitt it’s a mighty weapon.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What really funny is to hear you talking about fairness, perspective, crying and especially insulting.

Nadull won because of subpar Novak, and mostly because of his endless rabbit skills. It has to be repeated because it happened more than once and even more often be denied by simple guys like you.
You get approval from Nadal troll no1 and sporadically-Kieran, wow, you must be right.

Only thing Nadull could better do is running/bringing back. But I admitt it’s a mighty weapon.

You really need to get over this. I know the Buddhist of Monte Carlo's philosophy and he recommends peaceful meditations, love for all of Peoplekind, and a session sitting within a soft boiled egg, or something. But it's over. Djoker lost, and you're wrong about how. Djoker has taken another hammering since then and you're still sobbing over the previous hammering. It's undignified, and it's a little awkward to watch...

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
You really need to get over this. I know the Buddhist of Monte Carlo's philosophy and he recommends peaceful meditations, love for all of Peoplekind, and a session sitting within a soft boiled egg, or something. But it's over. Djoker lost, and you're wrong about how. Djoker has taken another hammering since then and you're still sobbing over the previous hammering. It's undignified, and it's a little awkward to watch...

Whatever you say, Irish brother.
But you can’t say I’m wrong about the how.
Not the point to get over something, you and others are still extremely exaggerating about this.

You really want to compare the F with Sonego match? You believe he gave everything he could that day? If so I feel sorry for you.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever you say, Irish brother.
But you can’t say I’m wrong about the how.
Not the point to get over something, you and others are still extremely exaggerating about this.

You really want to compare the F with Sonego match? You believe he gave everything he could that day? If so I feel sorry for you.

So he didn’t play to win right?

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I’ll say it wasn’t Novak near his best, but you can’t discount it like that. When subpar Nadal got beat, his fans took on the chin. You are a public embarrassment now, crying victim all day, talking nonsense and making up delusional rubbish (like Novak had a break of two years?), all for the fact that you are butt hurt

The next time you even try to talk tough, think about how you are right now.....just pathetic

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, allegedly doing it to their idol, because as we saw, Rafa also outplayed him through superior shot-making and point construction, as well as being mentally more up to the task in this hugely historic match. It was devastating, glorious and absolutely a performance for the ages...
I didn’t explain the best there, the counterpunching and defense was only part of how Nadal won, and of course his shots were simply better on the day...he outrallied Djoker easily. I don’t know Rafa fans haven’t talked about it, but Rafa deliberately semi moon balled his backhand in that match, instead of hitting through it like in the past. I believe it bought him time to reposition, and less pace for Djoker to use, so clearly he made adjustments to his usual point construction. It was pretty safe to do since Djoker doesn’t have the firepower to just put it away, Rafa could reset points where he is under pressure.

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Honestly, Bonaca, it must be exhausting shoveling so much sh*t, and on top of that the effort it takes to delude yourself so mightily. We know you're a giant Fanboy, but one really begins to wonder if you actually know anything about tennis. Take the bolded above, (which you have repeated endlessly): Nadal won this RG, and 12 others, by running like crazy and getting everything back, according to you. Let's face it: you don't win a Major a record 13 times with that minor skill set. And he's beaten youthful Novak, excellent Novak and mediocre Novak. When did Novak beat him at RG? In Nadal's worst year on tour. It's funny how Roger and Novak somehow manage to just coincidentally play their worst when facing Nadal at RG. Even your buddy Cali tries to sell that narrative. Oh, the matches they should have won there. If only....

You know what "if only" is? It's a lot of excuse-making. I remember you posting early doors of RG this year that Nadal fans were preparing their excuses. Well, you can stop calling the kettle black now. You've made your excuses. But the real outrage and embarrassment, frankly, is that you just cannot acknowledge the greatness of Nadal at RG. You just keep being you, but it does make you look foolish to say that Nadal wins at RG by running like a rabbit.

Last edited:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I’ll say it wasn’t Novak near his best, but you can’t discount it like that. When subpar Nadal got beat, his fans took on the chin. You are a public embarrassment now, crying victim all day, talking nonsense and making up delusional rubbish (like Novak had a break of two years?), all for the fact that you are butt hurt

The next time you even try to talk tough, think about how you are right now.....just pathetic

When Nadull got his package in Paris from Novak in straights all of you complaining he played crap.
When Novak played crap for nearly two years and got beaten by nearly everyone it is delusional.
Haha and you talk about pathetic shit?

Last edited:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t explain the best there, the counterpunching and defense was only part of how Nadal won, and of course his shots were simply better on the day...he outrallied Djoker easily. I don’t know Rafa fans haven’t talked about it, but Rafa deliberately semi moon balled his backhand in that match, instead of hitting through it like in the past. I believe it bought him time to reposition, and less pace for Djoker to use, so clearly he made adjustments to his usual point construction. It was pretty safe to do since Djoker doesn’t have the firepower to just put it away, Rafa could reset points where he is under pressure.

That’s his main goal since playing prof tennis. Now more than in younger days.
KEEP the BALL in play no matter how, WTA skills can help also and in combination with rabbit skills he is nearly unbeatable on dirt.
It just don’t helps that much on faster surface simpy.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is just one sided as Nadal then it comes to Majors as Djokovic has won 11/17 grand slam titles on hard courts only winning 6 outside his favorite surface hard courts while Nadal has won 7 outside RG so his done even better than Djokovic outside their favorite surface. :yesyes: fans need to think About these big stats before opening their foolish mouth, of course don't need to even talk about poor Federer who losing all his records. but will say I think Djokovic is the greatest hard court player in history unlike others I will give players credit for their great stats.:star:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Honestly, Bonaca, it must be exhausting shoveling so much sh*t, and on top of that the effort it takes to delude yourself so mightily. We know you're a giant Fanboy, but one really begins to wonder if you actually know anything about tennis. Take the bolded above, (which you have repeated endlessly): Nadal won this RG, and 12 others, by running like crazy and getting everything back, according to you. Let's face it: you don't win a Major a record 13 times with that minor skill set. And he's beaten youthful Novak, excellent Novak and mediocre Novak. When did Novak beat him at RG? In Nadal's worst year on tour. It's funny how Roger and Novak somehow manage to just coincidentally play their worst when facing Nadal at RG. Even your buddy Cali tries to sell that narrative. Oh, the matches they should have won there. If only....

You know what "if only" is? It's a lot of excuse-making. I remember you posting early doors of RG this year that Nadal fans were preparing their excuses. Well, you can stop calling the kettle black now. You've made your excuses. But the real outrage and embarrassment, frankly, is that you just cannot acknowledge the greatness of Nadal at RG. You just keep being you, but it does make you look foolish to say that Nadal wins at RG by running like a rabbit.

I never said it’s the only skill he has, I said it’s his main weapon everything else is based on.
Funny you think I’m a huge fanboy, I give a shit about the person Djokovic, my motivation is something different.
To give him credit is not my job, you do it good enough.
He never has beaten peak Novak.
Never said they play their worst, always said there are 3 goats with small differences.
Some are hiding, some prepare excuses of you nadalboys and girls in front of RG, simple fact, now it’s easy to bullshit around. And lot of the nadaltards came out of the holes and began to write epic shit.
Not only , but mostly because of his rabbit skills.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is just one sided as Nadal then it comes to Majors as Djokovic has won 11/17 grand slam titles on hard courts only winning 6 outside his favorite surface hard courts while Nadal has won 7 outside RG so his done even better than Djokovic outside their favorite surface. :yesyes: fans need to think About these big stats before opening their foolish mouth, of course don't need to even talk about poor Federer who losing all his records. but will say I think Djokovic is the greatest hard court player in history unlike others I will give players credit for their great stats.:star:

And Nadal is without a doubt the greatest clay court player ever.

Reactions: Andy22