Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Thiem in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem just battling out here. Opening the shoulders a bit. And Nadal just not able to deal with the power. Which. He's always had the power. I'm not sure if... I don't really remember. Does anyone feel like Thiem hits bigger than he used to. I'm not sure I do. I think he might actually used to have hit it bigger. I think he still hits that big often. But he's just learned to pull it back and go for the well timed one over the years. And now he plays the whole game a bit better and has gotten so fit and now that solid 5 years near the top of the game of experience has finally really started to coalesce for Thiem. We saw it against Fed in IW last year. AND STILL, Rafa is right there. Lost two tough tiebreaks. Has a set. Will fight to get the break back until the last ball. Thiem is by no means destroying him. But one of the few times you might see Rafa not dominate the big points. Well, one of the few times where the opponent's name isn't Djokovic or Federer.

Thiem may have just answered the question for me. That shot to hold for 5-3 was massive. Goodness.

EDIT: I wrote the first paragraph. Watched another game. Then wrote the last line and posted it. So there may be some disconnect.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow—Dominic really coming into his own on the big stage today, apparently.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Domi is hitting as big as he ever has. The difference is he's more consistent now. And someone else mentioned, he's a great point constructor. Not just ball bashing but actually hitting w/ purpose and authority. It's beautiful when it all comes together

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. Nadal makes him serve it out. He'll do everything he can to take it. Thiem will have to battle for it. He NEEDS first serves. Can't let that let him down again, like the end of the third. But if he plays like he has in this set so far, he should come out on top. Though, still no guarantee. Nadal could find another adjustment.

BUT. New balls.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
he needs to refocus. could still get out of this match in 4 sets even if it goes to a TB

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1580301329574.png

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's hard to tell w/ that frosted hair, but he doesn't look blue to me. But the other symptoms appear prevalent :yes: