• Nadal in five sets

• Federer in three sets

• Federer in four sets

• Federer in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
LOL this topspin baboon needed even wind to beat Federer. I mean it's not enough that he has all the other intangibles in his favour like fed being on retirement lap, no FH, high bounce, cakiest draw possible, matchup advantage. Nope that's apparently not enough for this chimp. He needs the wind too swirling around at 80 mph so that Fed can't serve and can't hit proper shots.

Why Fed even bothered to play this disgraceful tournament god only knows. His scheduling of late has cost him atleast 2 slams if not more.
The draw , the fucking weather conditions the weak opponents, that’s not bulls fault. He takes all, beats everybody, even been a step slower.
That’s not his last slam.

Reactions: Moxie

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
I disagree. Ralph could be stopped (not just by Roger / Novak) by several players on non-clay surfaces. However, Novak is a threat to win every major at the moment. Hence, Novak poses greater danger of passing Fed than Ralph. Ralph will get only one chance an year and even there competition is getting tighter than before (from Novak/Thiem).

The problem with this theory is that dull gets way too many cakedraws like USO 17. We can't depend on faker to stop this topspin plague from ruining tennis in non-clay slams. The younger generation has to grow a pair at some point. I mean it's getting almost ridiculous now.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
The problem with this theory is that dull gets way too many cakedraws like USO 17. We can't depend on faker to stop this topspin plague from ruining tennis in non-clay slams. The younger generation has to grow a pair at some point. I mean it's getting almost ridiculous now.
This time , for the younger generation, has not yet come. And for Maestro the time is over.
Only Novak left for this mission.

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Perhaps rather than cheap and crass insults, we could go for something more creative:
-----------------

“I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn’t it.” - Groucho Marx

---------------

Just a thought. :lol6:

"This is your best post ever. Wish it were your last here." - Anonymous

Just a thought. :lol6:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Shake it out however you want...and you will. Standing by for the debate. I realize that you've had a perfectly wonderful day...but this wasn't it. ;)

I won't have a perfectly wonderful day until that peasant is finally gone from the sport or exposed for what he is, whichever day comes first.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Dunno why I'm even bothering to respond to your rubbish but that was the worst match Federer has ever played and has no relevance to playing him again on clay in proper conditions and he also played much better than that in every other clay match they ever played. He had completely the wrong game plan and gave up after set 2 same as yesterday. And it's 24-15 not 25-15, fan boy.
I said 25-15 because it be that after Nadal beats federer in their next match. Dumbo you know a play on saying? That's why I said can you say 25-15 not because that's their h2h Dumbo because that it will be soon, still 24-15 looks really good to me. Also Nadal 10-3 in Grand slam events against Federer he clearly owns him in big matches

Last edited:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I won't have a perfectly wonderful day until that peasant is finally gone from the sport or exposed for what he is, whichever day comes first.
So if federer is 3-10 in Grand slams against so called peasant Nadal that does that make him a door mat Yea that's sounds right.:p:rose:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I disagree. Ralph could be stopped (not just by Roger / Novak) by several players on non-clay surfaces. However, Novak is a threat to win every major at the moment. Hence, Novak poses greater danger of passing Fed than Ralph. Ralph will get only one chance an year and even there competition is getting tighter than before (from Novak/Thiem).

Yes, agree with this. By the time 2020 RG comes around, Tsitsipas and Zverev should be more fully matured as bonafide clay threats, not to mention Khachanov and several others. The margin for error is getting less for Rafa, which as he ages will become a problem.

I do think Rafa can win off clay, but it is unlikely.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, agree with this. By the time 2020 RG comes around, Tsitsipas and Zverev should be more fully matured as bonafide clay threats, not to mention Khachanov and several others. The margin for error is getting less for Rafa, which as he ages will become a problem.

I'm surprised you think that the emergence of the Next Gen as threats is specifically confined to clay.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder who lifted the rock so you could crawl back out from underneath? It shows how little you know about tennis to think that topspin is a "plague" and that your man Rog doesn't use it...including off-clay. Quick reminder about the USO 2017 draw: Rafa and Roger were in the top half, which was the stacked one. The bottom half was the land of opportunity, even before Murray withdrew, but even more so after. The fact that neither Cilic nor Zverev could come through is on them. And Rafa would have played Roger, but Fed missed the date. Rafa did, however, beat the guy that beat Roger, del Potro, and in straights.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

WTF is it going to take to get people to stop mentioning Zverev as a contender for majors? But Tsitsipas? Absolutely.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
WTF is it going to take to get people to stop mentioning Zverev as a contender for majors? But Tsitsipas? Absolutely.
I haven't given up on Zverev, but I really don't see him so much as a clay guy, and I think he's overrated there. Yes, he won 2017 MS Rome, but against a very not-there Djokovic. 2018 Madrid, but we know what we think about Madrid as a "clay" tournament. 6 of his 11 titles are on HC. He doesn't so much slide like a clay player. To me, his game is far more suited to HCs. But it was like El Dude mentioning Khachanov above. Does anyone take Khachanov for a clay player? Some talented guys can win matches, depending on who they play, no matter the surface. But I think it's wrong to mistake early successes for where they really will do damage.

Reactions: Bonaca

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Neither of them have shown anything. Maybe 2020 the next gen becomes relevant but who knows. We've been saying it for years.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Neither of them have shown anything. Maybe 2020 the next gen becomes relevant but who knows. We've been saying it for years.
Tsitsipas beat Roger at the AO and you say that's not "anything?" I know you'll complain that he didn't win it, but man, you have to give a little ground.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsitsipas beat Roger at the AO and you say that's not "anything?" I know you'll complain that he didn't win it, but man, you have to give a little ground.

Yeah Roger lost to KA and the Milkman too at recent majors, so not exactly a big deal. Semis at a major is showing small signs of life but how many games did he win in the hardcourt semi vs Nadal again?

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Monfed you are back. Why is it that we have not seen you for some time?