Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thiem in three sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
I cant believe how unfair this is. 1 player will be playing for 4 straight days while the other gets rested by playing 2 in 5 days. I hope they postpone the final to Monday so that the final doesnt turn into a farce

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I cant believe how unfair this is. 1 player will be playing for 4 straight days while the other gets rested by playing 2 in 5 days. I hope they postpone the final to Monday so that the final doesnt turn into a farce

They won’t, if only because the forecast for Sunday is 40% chance of rain, but on Monday it’s 70% and Tuesday it goes up to 90%.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Speaking of coaches, commies said that Novak's brother, Marko, is officially his assistant coach now. I wonder if anyone can remember any siblings coaching their brother/sister? It may have happened, but I can't think of anyone.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Speaking of coaches, commies said that Novak's brother, Marko, is officially his assistant coach now. I wonder if anyone can remember any siblings coaching their brother/sister? It may have happened, but I can't think of anyone.

I can’t think of one either, nevertheless the younger sibling doing the coaching.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Didn't Marko and Novak play doubles together? I forget what tournament it was,I thought he was going forward with a tennis career,surprised at his age he is Novak's assitant coach

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Didn't Marko and Novak play doubles together? I forget what tournament it was,I thought he was going forward with a tennis career,surprised at his age he is Novak's assitant coach
I think they did. But Marko's highest ranking was/is 571, (I just looked it up,) so coaching his brother is a good option for him.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But that is so unfair for one player
It absolutely seems so. We won't really know until the final. But I don't see an option. Next year there will be a better solution, as PC will have a roof. But outdoor tennis is about dealing with the elements. What the tournament directors might have chosen to do is another question, and it wouldn't be the first time that we think they've made some poor decisions.

Reactions: Bonaca

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think they did. But Marko's highest ranking was/is 571, (I just looked it up,) so coaching his brother is a good option for him.
I also recall Novak used his clout to get Marko a wildcard into tournaments a couple of times back in the day.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I also recall Novak used his clout to get Marko a wildcard into tournaments a couple of times back in the day.
He did, which is fine. Didn't amount to much. I'm not trying to diss Marko. But I am still curious if anyone remembers a sibling coaching sibling. Toni is probably an anomaly as an uncle-coach. Usually, it's a father or mother.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just watching the replay of Djoke/Thiem. When the tournament decided to call play for today, the sun was shining. :facepalm: :cuckoo: :scratch:

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
On the NBC Sports website they list the resumption of the match at 6:00 (East coast US) on “Digital”

So I guess they’re not going to show it on TV. Is any other sport treated as poorly as tennis?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just watching the replay of Djoke/Thiem. When the tournament decided to call play for today, the sun was shining. :facepalm: :cuckoo: :scratch:
I don't know if anyone followed Paris weather after that, but was it a total washout? Or was there lightening? Because it really seemed like they could have at least squeezed out that 3rd set.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know if anyone followed Paris weather after that, but was it a total washout? Or was there lightening? Because it really seemed like they could have at least squeezed out that 3rd set.

I have a feeling (strong opinion of my own) that Djokovic and his team persuaded the tournament organizers to postpone the match until tomorrow

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have a feeling (strong opinion of my own) that Djokovic and his team persuaded the tournament organizers to postpone the match until tomorrow
That seems too conspiratorial to me...and against his own interests. Having a rain delay after getting broken was a good chance to regroup, but I would have thought that he'd prefer to go back last evening and try to get more tennis in. The more they have to play tomorrow, the more they are lessened for the final.

Reactions: Bonaca

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
On the NBC Sports website they list the resumption of the match at 6:00 (East coast US) on “Digital”

So I guess they’re not going to show it on TV. Is any other sport treated as poorly as tennis?

It is my understanding that the continuation of the SF will be shown on NBC Sports Channel whereas the women's final will be shown on main NBC Channel. Depending on the details of one's cable subscription some may have access to NBC, but not NBC Sports. If so, they cannot watch SF live on TV.

However, I am not 100% sure of this.

Bob Smith

Reactions
That seems too conspiratorial to me...and against his own interests. Having a rain delay after getting broken was a good chance to regroup, but I would have thought that he'd prefer to go back last evening and try to get more tennis in. The more they have to play tomorrow, the more they are lessened for the final.

Good point. It means Novak really felt his chance of winning under the windy condition was bad.