Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thiem in three sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good point. It means Novak really felt his chance of winning under the windy condition was bad.
You're implying that he influenced the tournament. That is not my point. I do think that would have been against his own interest.

Reactions: Bonaca

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It is my understanding that the continuation of the SF will be shown on NBC Sports Channel whereas the women's final will be shown on main NBC Channel. Depending on the details of one's cable subscription some may have access to NBC, but not NBC Sports. If so, they cannot watch SF live on TV.

However, I am not 100% sure of this.

Screenshot of their website:

24C32A05-FF36-410D-904E-1707A6E5D3F0.jpeg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
And this is a screenshot of upcoming shows on NBCSN (note the reference to tennis on Digital on the left side):

CA59D0EC-B8C4-4889-9AE1-F40443FD5037.jpeg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is my understanding that the continuation of the SF will be shown on NBC Sports Channel whereas the women's final will be shown on main NBC Channel. Depending on the details of one's cable subscription some may have access to NBC, but not NBC Sports. If so, they cannot watch SF live on TV.

However, I am not 100% sure of this.
I have appreciated your trying to tell us where to find the matches, but yesterday you said NBCSN for today's match. And yet, for me, it was on Tennis Channel. I honestly think it's all a great mystery at this point. But seriously thanks for trying to keep track for us. :heart:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
@tented, you are right. I checked the full schedule of NBCSPorts. They are too busy showing "American Ninja Warrior - National Finals in Vegas" from 6.00 a.m. to Noon. So, it won't be on TV. Does anyone know what the heck is that (Ninja Warrior)?

However, I believe those who have the right to see NBCSports by virtue of cable subscription, will be able to stream it by going to NBCSports web page on their computer. At least, it will be a better stream than one of the run of the mill unofficial (and probably illegal) streams.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That seems too conspiratorial to me...and against his own interests. Having a rain delay after getting broken was a good chance to regroup, but I would have thought that he'd prefer to go back last evening and try to get more tennis in. The more they have to play tomorrow, the more they are lessened for the final.

While Novak will probably have less tank for the final if he wins tomorrow, he still probably prefers a mental reset like this than playing bad throughout the night.

On the other hand, Thiem and his team are probably disappointed and surprised that the organizers did not try to continue play tonight especially the sun was out. He also just broke Djokovic's serve before the cancel of play.

Bob Smith

Reactions
@tented, you are right. I checked the full schedule of NBCSPorts. They are too busy showing "American Ninja Warrior - National Finals in Vegas" from 6.00 a.m. to Noon. So, it won't be on TV. Does anyone know what the heck is that (Ninja Warrior)?

However, I believe those who have the right to see NBCSports by virtue of cable subscription, will be able to stream it by going to NBCSports web page on their computer. At least, it will be a better stream than one of the run of the mill unofficial (and probably illegal) streams.

Yes, live streaming of the second semifinal will be available from NBC Sports.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Let’s play this shit out today. If Novak’s team really take significant influence on the decision to cancel the match yesterday, I hope he loses.
Take the conditions like a man , and Thiem, and try your best. It’s the same for both players, it doesn’t matter what’s at the stake for Novak in view of tennis history. Earn it and be better than your opponent.
By the way, this beautiful slam is already ruined by bad decisions of the tournament directors and the ugly weather conditions.

Reactions: Front242

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Domi faces BP on resumption but saves it by unloading a huge FH 4-1

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem holds the opening game of part 2. He seems too strong for Novak, he is hitting like crazy. Perhaps it is also playing with the wind on that side?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wind is still blowing, somewhat less than yesterday. What a dropshot by Thiem.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My tapatalk still doesn't work with TF. Other forums work normal. Break by Novak!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Didn't realize it had resumed. Nice one. Time for tennis.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Wow, luck decided two points in a row, one for each side

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Let’s play this shit out today. If Novak’s team really take significant influence on the decision to cancel the match yesterday, I hope he loses.
Oh they did alright. They were shouting at him from the stands, that's why he walked off the court as soon as a couple of drops came down.