Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
4909_ray_charles_microphone_backwards_1.jpg

:snicker

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Assuming Murray makes the final I think we can safely say he won't win. That's gonna be a tough one having lost in 5 finals here.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ftan said:
Well I would really like you to see the match again, atleast the beginning.. it was all federer doing everything wrong and with Novak as ur opponent u cant do that. Novak is good, i never said he is not and he plays well. But Roger was pathetic, after the initial havoc the damage was done. I never thot Roger wud win, like everyone else i was prepared for a 3-1 Novak win, but wht happened in first 2 sets or atleast the first set was pathetic.. i didnt really watch it afterwards

Nowhere have I read where any of the sportscasters comment that Roger's play was pathetic. Novak was just playing at another level - Tignor dared to call it "Master Class".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/novakdjokovic/12127282/Novak-Djokovic-approaches-flawlessness-in-Australian-Open-semi-final-pummelling-of-Roger-Federer.html
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/01/djoko-unchained/57448/#.VqqWGFMrKHo
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/01/racquet-reactions-djokovic-downs-federer-four-set-australian-open-semi/57438/#.VqqWLlMrKHo
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/sports/tennis/novak-djokovic-roger-federer-australian-open.html?_r=0

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
golds girl said:
Front242 said:
The only rooting Murray deserves is a root canal to remove those fangs :snicker

Irrelevant. Still married a model.
We know how this goes for athletes and billionaires, Front :snicker

Didn't even know she was a model. She's nothing special imo. Very girl next door :p

This is the girl that lives next to you? Wow, I want to live in your neighborhood.

kim-sears.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ You can do wonders with cameras these days. Here's a more natural one and big thumbs down from me at least.

Andy+Murray+Kim+Sears+Andy+Murray+Open+SqoghU_M69Yl.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, that's what she looks like normally. Yikes! Someone posted on the WTA forum that she's a model. :s

Sorry, it was golds girl on the page before this :D

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I will be rooting for Murray in the SF and in case he wins it, will be rooting for him again in F (not to be confused with predicting him to win).

Oh, Boy, I misunderstood the whole thing. I was trying to grow fangs instead of trying to become a billionaire. :snicker

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude said:
Tough crowd. Jeez.

Yeah, all of the terrible pictures look pretty good to me too. She isn't necessarily my type, but hard to think that she is not good looking!

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
GameSetAndMath said:
DarthFed said:
People had unrealistic expectations today if they thought Federer had a chance. Wimbledon and even USO is a different story. He still has hope there if he has a big time performance, but at the end of the day Novak is flat out better and in a best of 5 Roger has to win in a quick 3 or 4 sets. Realistically Roger is probably done, I think he is just a good player, not a great one, at this point. He's great for his age but then he was great for his age at 21-33 too...

Novak is not going to be winning every match that he plays in a big tourney. One of these days (I mean within this year), he is sure to fall to a Simon or Anderson or some such fellow. In that event who do you think is going to exploit this situation. I bet it will be Roger. As much as Novak is superior to Roger at this time, Roger is superior to all others (except perhaps to a red hot Stan).

It's possible though it would surprise me if he slipped up and lost to one of those lightweights. The most likely loss he would have this year is at Wimbledon against Murray IMO. Murray does pretty well vs. Nole on fast surfaces but is no contest on slow/medium courts. I know Stan has beaten him in 2 majors but I just don't see it happening again if they meet.

The true horror of Stan is he puts forth an epic effort when least expected, like down a set and a break in the French Open final...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The stats for this match shown in AO website is totally weird. It says both had 1 UFE, Novak had 10 winners and Fed 5 winners in the whole match. Was the statistician drunk or what?

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
golds girl said:
Front242 said:

Oh, Boy, I misunderstood the whole thing. I was trying to grow fangs instead of trying to become a billionaire. :snicker
LOL GSM...you've wasted time then, get on the billionaire or at least mediocre athlete train and you'll score the girl next door.

Yeah Front, I've realized there are a lot of 'models' these days, especially on Instagram. It's something you can claim without having to have a resume

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I will be rooting for Murray in the SF and in case he wins it, will be rooting for him again in F (not to be confused with predicting him to win).

1. I am rooting for Murray in SF as I would root for almost anyone against Milos.

2. In case Andy wins, I will be rooting for him in F, so that Novak does not rack up his GS count very fast.

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Going by the highlights, Tomic is bang on. Novak is just too good at the moment and playing like this he would be winning against anyone on that court.

It is obvious that Novak, just like Rafa, is uniquely fired up when playing Roger in big matches. The reflexes, the movement, the flexibility, the accuracy of those shots was just ..wow... he was often near flawless. But it seems to me, that even in W14, W15 and USO15 Novak wanted to win their match much much more deeply than Roger did. Losing doesn't sting post 2013 Roger anywhere near as much as it does Novak. Novak is not just better now but way more hungrier. At this level, more hunger and more confidence is all it takes. It's not as if Novak just went out there and decided that it's not a bad idea to go up 6-2, 6-1 and then decided to tank a set not to embarrass Roger. He knew he had to bring the goods and bring them fast from the start. Roger knew that too but he just cannot dig deep enough anymore to somehow attack the problem early enough with concerted effort. This certainly was not the case FO 2008. There he was plain destroyed. Rafa didn't break a sweat. Novak was joyful but I am sure also more than a bit relieved.

I guess what I am saying is that the extra bit of motivation is concentrating Novak's mind to bring his near best in these matches. A slightly slower cheetah could out run a faster cheetah once in a while. But if the faster cheetah is a lot more hungrier too every time, the slower cheetah doesn't stand much of a chance.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer 1/2 Highlights á´´á´° 1080i Australian Open 2016

[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3p5pw3_novak-djokovic-vs-roger-federer-1-2-highlights-%E1%B4%B4%E1%B4%B0-1080i-australian-open-2016_sport[/video]

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
nehmeth said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/novakdjokovic/12127282/Novak-Djokovic-approaches-flawlessness-in-Australian-Open-semi-final-pummelling-of-Roger-Federer.html
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/01/djoko-unchained/57448/#.VqqWGFMrKHo
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/01/racquet-reactions-djokovic-downs-federer-four-set-australian-open-semi/57438/#.VqqWLlMrKHo
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/sports/tennis/novak-djokovic-roger-federer-australian-open.html?_r=0

It is hard to comment on this, as, on one hand, I do not want to take anything away from Djokovic, but, on the other, what can you do if you honestly think that Federer played like crap? The first three games of the first set are beyond pathetic.

Yes, Djokovic came in playing very well and hard from the get go. It was scary indeed. But, hell, does this explains the bad serving? The errors on easy balls while he was not trying to go for too much? No, it doesn't.

It is only natural that sports writers would credit the win to something positive, rather than to something negative. It makes everyone looks better, and it is part of their job to make the show look better.

Does this means I think Federer would have won otherwise? Hardly, as everyone knows that Djokovic is miles ahead in keeping a high level of play in long stretches.

When both players were playing well (fourth set), Djokovic still won, but it was a completely different story from sets one and two.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My response would be, the dozens of articles and endless commentating on Novak's 100 ufe outing against Simon. I'm sure if Simon had won, they would not have left out Novak's gift to the match.

Last night I was listening to Annacone commentating on Tennis Channel. He was the one who actually said during the match, "Federer is trying to go for too much, hence the errors." (or something very similar to that). He also later stated that Fed needed to take a little pace off the ball, slow the game down, take more time in between points, anything to throw Novak off his rhythm.

So there was one guy out there addressing what you fans were seeing.

But again, credit to Novak whose game makes Fed feel like he has to go for more all the time.

Garro

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Did Roger really play that badly? I thought that was probably the best match Novak has had against Fed, and he even said the same thing himself. Not vintage Fed by any means, but in a head to head match up where there have been many matches where Roger honestly played like crap (Miami 09, Basel 09, RG 2012), I wouldn't pick this one out as among the worst, given Novak's level.

Edit: He said the first two sets were the best he ever played against Roger, not the match as a whole.