• Roger in five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Novak in five

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer wasn't anywhere near as bad as some are saying. It was the timing of the errors that cost him. People don't seem to realize you could actually get to deuce or advantage in all your service games and still lose a set 6-1. Re it being Novak's best match against Federer...he must be in denial 'cos that would have to be a match where he didn't lose a set. I thought Novak was solid but nothing too amazing. Seen a lot better from him, eg Doha against Nadal.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke's shots land so close to the baseline, his opponents are forced to half volley or stand way behind the baseline. Simon had the only strategy that could have worked, let him exert so much energy trying to hit through a speedy counterpuncher that he gets frustrated. Djoke and Nadal play smart tennis, but give me the thrill of watching attacking tennis any time of day.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
10sfan said:
Djoke's shots land so close to the baseline, his opponents are forced to half volley or stand way behind the baseline. Simon had the only strategy that could have worked, let him exert so much energy trying to hit through a speedy counterpuncher that he gets frustrated. Djoke and Nadal play smart tennis, but give me the thrill of watching attacking tennis any time of day.

I used to always tell my students, I'd rather they hit the ball "soft and deep" than hard and short; but that was 40 years ago when short balls were readymade approach shots for more aggressive players! :rolleyes: :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Federer wasn't anywhere near as bad as some are saying. It was the timing of the errors that cost him. People don't seem to realize you could actually get to deuce or advantage in all your service games and still lose a set 6-1. Re it being Novak's best match against Federer...he must be in denial 'cos that would have to be a match where he didn't lose a set. I thought Novak was solid but nothing too amazing. Seen a lot better from him, eg Doha against Nadal.

Actually, Novak did not say that the SF was his best match every or even best match against Roger.
He said the first two sets were his best ever two consecutive sets against Roger. I think that is true.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Front242 said:

I see your point, but in the first three games it wasn't like this. He probably scored two points on those three games combined.