2015 Davis Cup

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I just want to give a shout out to the AUssie Veteran. One young and up coming player gets banned and then gets arrested. Other two up and coming players both lose in the opening round and then the vets come and mop things ups.

If AUS wins the DC this year, that will be a fitting way to end the career for Hewitt who has always given his all for DC ties.:clap

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope Muzza and Great Britain'll win DC 2015, they deserve the trophy

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I just want to give a shout out to the AUssie Veteran. One young and up coming player gets banned and then gets arrested. Other two up and coming players both lose in the opening round and then the vets come and mop things ups.

If AUS wins the DC this year, that will be a fitting way to end the career for Hewitt who has always given his all for DC ties.:clap

The negative press surrounding Kyrgios continues, after his Wimbledon, now with his loss to Nedovyesov in the DC:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/nick-kyrgios-attitude-problems-plague-his-davis-cup-appearance-against-kazakhstan/story-fndkzym4-1227446859964

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Andy Murray (GRB) vs. Gilles Simon (FRA)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwrPEgxoSg[/video]

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) vs. Aleksandr Nedovyesov

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWf6d2torh4[/video]

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) vs. Aleksandr Nedovyesov

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWf6d2torh4[/video]
I'm happy for the little old guy. After a career like his he deserves something more than a first round loss at Wimbledon in his final chapter. Well done mate, as you Aussie's would say.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The draw for the world group play-offs which happens in the week after USO is out.

Switzerland is hosting Netherlands. I would expect that both Federer and Wawrinka will play in this tie due to several reasons listed below.

a. They both need to play one tie before Olympics to be eligible to play in Olympics.
b. This tie is happening after all four slams and so they don't have the excuse of saving themselves for the slams.
c. This being a home time, there is no travel involved.
d. It would help the country being in International Group instead of being relegated to Group I.
e. It should be a fairly easy tie as Netherlands does not have big name players (Robin Hasse and Thiemo De Bakker).

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very emotional moments by Muzz after GB reach the semis :cool:

http://youtu.be/82SHdwi9rBA

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
The draw for the world group play-offs which happens in the week after USO is out.

Switzerland is hosting Netherlands. I would expect that both Federer and Wawrinka will play in this tie due to several reasons listed below.

a. They both need to play one tie before Olympics to be eligible to play in Olympics.
b. This tie is happening after all four slams and so they don't have the excuse of saving themselves for the slams.
d. It would help the country being in International Group instead of being relegated to Group I.
e. It should be a fairly easy tie as Netherlands does not have big name players (Robin Hasse and Thiemo De Bakker).

Federer will surely defo play, i mean its ideal isn't it ?, home tie prob on hardcourt post-usopen with decent gap after to rest before Asian swing tourneys. rinse n repeat for stan.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer always plays DC when OG are in sight, I guess he'll be there as well as Stanimal

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

It is now official . Both Fed and Stan will play in the DC world group play-offs.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
GameSetAndMath said:

It is now official . Both Fed and Stan will play in the DC world group play-offs.

Switzerland can thank OG !!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The Davis Cup semifinal is going to be between Great Britain and Australia in Glagow. Does anyone know where to get tickets for that? One of our followers on Twitter asked so if anyone has a link or some info please pass it on. Thanks in advance!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
The Davis Cup semifinal is going to be between Great Britain and Australia in Glagow. Does anyone know where to get tickets for that? One of our followers on Twitter asked so if anyone has a link or some info please pass it on. Thanks in advance!

Here you go:

http://www.lta.org.uk/major-events/international-events/davis-cup/davis-cup-tickets/

P.S. - They're not on sale yet, because a venue hasn't been selected.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
l'Equipe confimed that Great Britain'll host Australia on hard court in Glasgow

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:

Can't be sure GB will win. But, the winner of this will hoist the trophy at year end.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
isabelle said:

Can't be sure GB will win. But, the winner of this will hoist the trophy at year end.

Don't you think Andy's team "ll win ?? I bet GB"ll hoist the trophy 2015

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
GameSetAndMath said:
isabelle said:

Even if you give Andy two singles matches, the other two can go to the Aussies and so it looks to me that this may come to doubles and that may be 50/50.

p.s. Also, if Kyrgios says something about Kim, Andy might get upset and lose. :cover

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
isabelle said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Even if you give Andy two singles matches, the other two can go to the Aussies and so it looks to me that this may come to doubles and that may be 50/50.

p.s. Also, if Kyrgios says something about Kim, Andy might get upset and lose. :cover

If arrogant Nick says something bad about Kim, I guess Andy'll break his nose..and then, win DC !!