2015 Davis Cup

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
I think it's 50/50 that Kyrgios will even be there.

No, he will be there as per Australian Tennis Federeation. They are more pissed with Tomic as he attacks them. Even though Nick is bad, Nick is not attacking them. That is the key difference. They cannot afford to drop both of them, as otherwise Kokk will be the only singles player left among youngsters.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I just noticed the play off wg Russia vs Italy is in SIBERIA. some place called irkutsk or something.

I had to look it up on a map...talk about making it difficult for the away team. HAVE FUN FABIO.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
I just noticed the play off wg Russia vs Italy is in SIBERIA. some place called irkutsk or something.

I had to look it up on a map...talk about making it difficult for the away team. HAVE FUN FABIO.

Crikey, what's the surface? Snow? The crowd will be made up of Ukrainian prisoners, and Putin will sit on a throne stroking a plump white cat. If Italy win, the court will be lowered into the dungeons... :devil

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

Crikey, what's the surface? Snow? The crowd will be made up of Ukrainian prisoners, and Putin will sit on a throne stroking a plump white cat. If Italy win, the court will be lowered into the dungeons... :devil

DrEvil-steve.jpg

:laydownlaughing

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Both Nadal and Ferrer'll play vs Denmark. Ward won't play semi with Great Brit, Inglot will

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
US has announced team. It does not include Isner or Bryan Brothers.

Singles: Mighty Donald Young and Majestic Jack Sock.

Doubles: Sam Querry and Steven Johnson

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting. Kyrgios is off the Aussie Davis Cup team while Tomic is back on for next week's tie with Great Britain.

Article

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal is playing too I read. against Denmark. Lol

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
not surprised aussie dropped kyrgios. at the minute he is little more than a circus clown.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
not surprised aussie dropped kyrgios. at the minute he is little more than a circus clown.

I'm more surprised that they brought back Tomic but with Kyrgios sitting in the corner with a DUNCE cap on, I guess Tennis Australia had to swallow some pride and take him back on.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
[split] 2015 ATP General Tennis News

Rafa, Ferru, Bautista and Verdasco will play the DC against Denmark, I like a lot the team :popcorn :cool:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder if Federer" llreally play the next we a pull out would not surprise me since he's in USO's final

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
isabelle said:
I wonder if Federer" llreally play the next we a pull out would not surprise me since he's in USO's final

If Roger tries to skip out on DC, wouldn't that put his Rio Olympic ambitions in jeopardy? :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:

He would play. He needs one more DC tie to qualify for Olympics and so he would want to get over it.
Besides the tie is in Switzerland and so he does not even have to travel. Besides, the opp. is so bad that he can play with left hand and win.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Preview of Swiss vs. Netherlands tie.

Both Fed and Stan are in team.

Netherlands has got Thiemo DeBakker in singles and Julien Rojer in doubles (that I could recognize).
The highest ranked singles player (TDB) is ranked 147. :snicker

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Federer gets the chance of playing an easy match at home on hardcourt..its a no-brainer.

1hr 20min match..then Federer can go back to mopping up sick at home.