2015 Davis Cup

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
We're in a position where no singles player left in the draw 'should' be able to trouble Andy Murray and his brother is in great form so they should make a pretty formidable doubles team, provided Andy can play three consecutive days each time, that is no easy task. However, don't rule out James Ward in his singles rubbers either, he isn't an amazing player but he's playing the best tennis of his career and has quite a few unexpected Davis Cup wins to his name.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
eeeeeeek glorious doubles win for britian by iconic world famous doubles combo murray/murray.

lets have plenty of win on sunday too.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
TennisFanatic7 said:
We're in a position where no singles player left in the draw 'should' be able to trouble Andy Murray and his brother is in great form so they should make a pretty formidable doubles team, provided Andy can play three consecutive days each time, that is no easy task. However, don't rule out James Ward in his singles rubbers either, he isn't an amazing player but he's playing the best tennis of his career and has quite a few unexpected Davis Cup wins to his name.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

So many top players are skipping Davis Cup this TIE; including Nole for Serbia! What's going on? :puzzled :nono :angel:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In a sport where slams are the measure of success, they have better things to be preparing for and risking injury or fatigue playing DC isn't the brightest. There's a lot of big time tennis to be played this year still.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
In a sport where slams are the measure of success, they have better things to be preparing for and risking injury or fatigue playing DC isn't the brightest. There's a lot of big time tennis to be played this year still.
Well, the Davis Cup is a prestigious event and one with an age old tradition. So I think that most of the elite players with a realistic hope for success want to win it at least once. Once they have done so and have ticked that box it stops being a top priority.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, that's fair enough I guess but as you say, once is enough and hence why Novak and Roger couldn't really give a damn about it anymore. They have the USO and rest of the year to prepare for.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Yeah, that's fair enough I guess but as you say, once is enough and hence why Novak and Roger couldn't really give a damn about it anymore. They have the USO and rest of the year to prepare for.
Plus the rule that the home team gets to choose the surface doesn't help the level of participation of the best players either. You have guys who have played on grass last week who are now expected to play on clay this week before starting the USO series on hardcourt next week. No elite player with a braincell on active duty would sign up for something like that.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
But the Davis Cup remains a title that everyone wants to win at least once. For several different reasons, but it's still a big title.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
So, is it Andy's time to take home the DC trophy this year?

Not sure who's playing later! Murray has to win his 2 singles and a doubles to insure a victory; not sure it's possible unless these more competitive countries are knocked out! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Not sure who's playing later! Murray has to win his 2 singles and a doubles to insure a victory; not sure it's possible unless these more competitive countries are knocked out! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:
I think it's very possible. France is the best country still in there and Murray and co are two wins to one in front.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
jhar26 said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I think it's very possible. France is the best country still in there and Murray and co are two wins to one in front.

Stranger things have happened when I actually paid attention to DC! The weakest country has won with just one good player! Heaven knows few others have been as weak as Britain over the years; actually soliciting players from other countries to play for them! :cover :angel: :dodgy:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
jhar26 said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Kazakhstan holds on to beat Australia, it could be very possible. It all depends on Andy and his condition of course but if he is playing well, then they should meet the winner of Argentina and Belgium in the final. It's very possible that Andy could win his Davis Cup. Gotta finish off France first though.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Belgium and Argentina win their doubles matches to finish off Canada and Serbia. They'll meet in one semifinal. Australia and Kazakhstan starting in about 50 minutes.

Just saw that Kyrgios will be replaced by Sam Groth. What a mess the Australian team is right now. And they could still win it.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

could be..why not ?. alot depends on weather borats mob can hold off Australia in reverse singles, i'd rather britain be playing Kazakhstan in the sf than Australia.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Belgium and Argentina win their doubles matches to finish off Canada and Serbia. They'll meet in one semifinal. Australia and Kazakhstan starting in about 50 minutes.

Just saw that Kyrgios will be replaced by Sam Groth. What a mess the Australian team is right now. And they could still win it.

really lolwut. maybe nick k "didn't feel motivated to play" or something.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So Australia ditches the Kokk and the Prick and go with Groth and Hewitt! Groth wins in four sets and now Hewitt is up to keep Australia alive! Drama.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
So Australia ditches the Kokk and the Prick and go with Groth and Hewitt! Groth wins in four sets and now Hewitt is up to keep Australia alive! Drama.

It took a lot of guts to swap out 2 players like that! It may have happened before, but I can't remember seeing it! Goes to show, the coach probably wasn't sure of putting in the 2 BRATS in the 1st place and went with the VETERANS; may work out! :blush: :nono :angel: :dodgy: - He was showing more confidence in them not taking in consideration of their current results! Both upset recently IIRC! :rolleyes: :popcorn

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Hewitt takes the first set 7-6!

Wally Masur is a genius. :cool:
Than I am too because I already said two days ago that they should let Lleyton play instead. ;)