• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
tented said:
No Novak fans here to congratulate Federer? What a surprise. And they get so sore when people don't congratulate the Monegasque.

... or commiserate with poor Andy who worked so hard to get to #2 for "5 minutes!" How will he cope? :p :nono

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, it's clear that any player can't play perfectly well all over their career, impossible. They must to have up and downs due to diferent issues but until they retire nobody can say if they are able to improve or not and Roger is the proof at least until today, good for him!
Ranking numbers? it can change anytime

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
No Novak fans here to congratulate Federer? What a surprise. And they get so sore when people don't congratulate the Monegasque.

Really? This?? Thanks tented.

Just said goodbye to company and logged on to say....

:clap Congratulations Fed :clap

... but that cheap post sucked all the life out of it.

Still, to his fans... all the credit to the attacking player. He's in good form for the U. S. Open

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
tented said:

... or commiserate with poor Andy who worked so hard to get to #2 for "5 minutes!" How will he cope? :p :nono

He'll cope just fine! Congratulations on your favorite player winning Cincy! :clap

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Fiero425 said:
tented said:

He'll cope just fine! Congratulations on your favorite player winning Cincy! :clap

His favorite player was going to win Cinci no matter who won...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Kirijax said:
Fiero425 said:

:laydownlaughing :clap

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
tented said:

Really? This?? Thanks tented.

Just said goodbye to company and logged on to say....

:clap Congratulations Fed :clap

... but that cheap post sucked all the life out of it.

Still, to his fans... all the credit to the attacking player. He's in good form for the U. S. Open

Jeez, I watched the match at the gym!

Great tennis from Fed. He really didn't let Novak ever get to a rhythm. Phenomenal tennis from Fed here! I enjoyed watching it, when I could forget the other guy was Novak.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is there an unwritten rule about congratulations? Why should Novak fans congratulate Roger? I don't think I've ever congratulated a fanbase after Nadal lost a match (would have been awkward to congratulate the Lopez, Nishikori, Fognini, Brown, etc... fan bases). I'd much rather tell them that Kokkinakis banged their significant other anyway.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2B08TJTx94[/video]

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Broken_Shoelace said:
Kirijax said:
Fiero425 said:

I won't say what I think of all of you with that idiotic statement and joke! Far from laughing here! :ras: :cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Much respect pavlik. Always so fast uploading the highlights. Been able to check out lots of great highlights of the matches I wasn't able to see lately as well. Big thanks.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Is there an unwritten rule about congratulations? Why should Novak fans congratulate Roger? I don't think I've ever congratulated a fanbase after Nadal lost a match (would have been awkward to congratulate the Lopez, Nishikori, Fognini, Brown, etc... fan bases). I'd much rather tell them that Kokkinakis banged their significant other anyway.

I know I yelled congratulations to Lopez, Nishikori, Fognini and Brown alone in my apartment. :laydownlaughing

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
tented said:
El Dude said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Disinterested.

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with interest.

They are surprising numbers considering how solid Novak generally is on hards. He's won the AO, IW, Miami, Rogers Cup, Shanghai, WTF, Dubai, Bercy, etc., but not Cincy and only 1 USO.

I think the heat in Cincy and New York gets to Novak. He said something the other day about it being tough. I know it's hot in other places as well, but that late summer heat and humidity in the Northeastern US can be brutal.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Much respect pavlik. Always so fast uploading the highlights. Been able to check out lots of great highlights of the matches I wasn't able to see lately as well. Big thanks.

Yeah Pavlik is easily my favorite poster to never post in written form.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The most interesting thing is the new tactic on ROS. It surely contributed to the 3 DFs that Novak coughed up.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am positive there will be some of those half volley service returns from Roger at the Open. I guess he is figuring second serve is the shortest ball he is going to get from some guys out there...
Loved those. I'd really appreciate a highlight reel with just these returns. Did it against Anderson, which seemed crazy enoug given his serve. Doing it against Murray is logical regarding the poor2nd serves, but risky given his passing abilities. But against Novak was really the masterclass.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
lindseywagners said:
tented said:
El Dude said:
I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with interest.

They are surprising numbers considering how solid Novak generally is on hards. He's won the AO, IW, Miami, Rogers Cup, Shanghai, WTF, Dubai, Bercy, etc., but not Cincy and only 1 USO.

I think the heat in Cincy and New York gets to Novak. He said something the other day about it being tough. I know it's hot in other places as well, but that late summer heat and humidity in the Northeastern US can be brutal.

True but nothing like Melbourne where he's the king so I doubt it's the main reason for him not doing as well. It's the faster surface.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This thread is a like fest. Seems everyone is trying to restore their likes asap :D

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
lindseywagners said:
tented said:

True but nothing like Melbourne where he's the king so I doubt it's the main reason for him not doing as well. It's the faster surface.

Miami can also be super hot & humid.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth is probably off collecting his millions from the bookies :D