2015 Cincinnati Masters Final: Djokovic v. Federer

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yeah, I thought Fed was the favorite to win this tournament. It's easy to tell when the balls and the conditions suit his game. It looked that way since pretty much the first round.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Congrats to Roger :clap

The gamble of skipping Montreal paid off. Now he gets to keep his #2 seed and at the same time be fresh for USO>

Seems Nole needs help at this tournament like Federer needed it at the French Open in '09! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Wow. I'm very surprised. Is this the new Federer? Can he do this again at the USO?

Congrats to Roger and all the Fed fans on TF! :clap

Not sure about winning the USO as best of 5 is a whole different story but you shouldn't be too surprised on fast surfaces like this in best of 3. Check how many of us correctly voted Roger in 2 as well. Not just based on hope either. Roger's won most of their fast hard court encounters last 2 years now: Dubai 2014 and 2015 and Shanghai 2014 and here today at Cinci.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats to Roger, good serve, good played. He is playing his best of these last years. I'm impressed how fresh he looks, it seems though he din't play since Wimbledon, he has had q very good and intensive training

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
tented said:
Novak is now:

- 0-5 in Cincy finals
- 0-10 in sets in Cincy finals
- 1-9 in Cincy/USO finals

Disinterested.

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with interest.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVcci4Alos[/video]

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Best of 5 is still a different animal. We've seen Fed look absolutely vintage in Cinci only to have a disappointing US Open at least 2 times before, but I'm confident he'll make the finals. The thing is, on current form, it's hard to see Murray, Djokovic or Fed getting upset by anyone because frankly, nobody on tour is playing well enough this summer. Be it injuries, form, or what have you, I don't see it. I mean, Berdych, Tsonga, Nishikori, Raonic and all the other dangerous floaters are either injured or playing badly. Stan is the wild card but I'm skeptical about his game on this surface.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Good thing for Roger at his age is that if he makes the semis of the USO there's a day off this year between the semis and the final. Super Saturday is gone which is good news for all the players, but especially the older veterans of the tour who need the recovery time even more.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I want to see the numerous amount of new threads if Rafa would have lost like Novak did. I want to see all the stats such as Nole has Never won a set in the Finals at Cincy, I want to hear of the Nole decline, and etc. Let's just see is Djoker's inability to capture this title is treated as vigorous and with the same veracity as if this had been Rafa. My guess , not a damn post will be spawn via this butt whipping applied by Fed.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Now I want to see the numerous amount of new threads if Rafa would have lost like Novak did. I want to see all the stats such as Nole has Never won a set in the Finals at Cincy, I want to hear of the Nole decline, and etc. Let's just see is Djoker's inability to capture this title is treated as vigorous and with the same veracity as if this had been Rafa. My guess , not a damn post will be spawn via this butt whipping applied by Fed.

Apples to oranges and we both know it. Nadal is in a decline. Novak is the number 1 ranked player in the world. One loss doesn't change that. So yeah, you're not going to get those threads. But someone already pointed out Novak's abysmal record in Cinci finals.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
El Dude said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
tented said:
Novak is now:

- 0-5 in Cincy finals
- 0-10 in sets in Cincy finals
- 1-9 in Cincy/USO finals

Disinterested.

I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with interest.

They are surprising numbers considering how solid Novak generally is on hards. He's won the AO, IW, Miami, Rogers Cup, Shanghai, WTF, Dubai, Bercy, etc., but not Cincy and only 1 USO.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Front242 said:
Good thing for Roger at his age is that if he makes the semis of the USO there's a day off this year between the semis and the final. Super Saturday is gone which is good news for all the players, but especially the older veterans of the tour who need the recovery time even more.

So should Roger win it by some miracle, there will be an * ? Because there was no super saturday? ;)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
No Novak fans here to congratulate Federer? What a surprise. And they get so sore when people don't congratulate the Monegasque.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:

Roger is just plain better on fast hard courts as the results show. You want us to start threads about decline when Novak has won 2 slams and 4 masters 1000s already this year? Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo and Rome :cover
That's some decline! Imagine if he was actually still good ?! :s

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
From Twitter

Winner
Winner
Winner
Winner
Winner
Winner
Runner-up
Winner
Runner-up
Runner-up
Djokovic's last 10 big tournaments

There's no denying who is number one but Federer was amazing today. Djokovic will give his answer at the USO I'm sure!