2014 Roland Garros SF: Nadal vs Murray

Who wins

• Total voters

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
crystalfire said:
Rafa is playing way to well to worry about losing to djokovic. I'm starting to get worried for djokovic

What you're seeing is called The Murray Mirage.

On clay, Murray game does not match up well with rafa. His probing shots give rafa something to tee-off on, where as Novak's backhand moves through the court much faster on clay and put's a lot more pressure on Murray, not to mention Andy can be pretty mentally weak on clay. The lack of action on Murray groundstrokes don't provide the same problem on clay, plus Rafa love to add his own pace, unlike players. What Rafa doesn't like is the pressure of heavy, deep groundstrokes.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
really dissappointed with this match. might as well go do something useful. like sleep some more

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
thats it im not watching this crap anymore. see you in finals rafa. ughhhh

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I looked up the definition of "Vulnerable" in the dictionary. It said "Not This".

exactly and yall thought he was gonna tank looks like djokovic should be thinking about tanking :lolz:

Garro

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Pretty disappointing so far from Murray. Rafa hasn't even needed to play that well to win these sets.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Garro said:
Pretty disappointing so far from Murray. Rafa hasn't even needed to play that well to win these sets.

Completely agree, Garro. That's why I called it the Murray Mirage. This isn't a true test of Rafa's level, or an absolute accurate prediction of how he'll do against Novak.

Aside from the obvious match-up and surface issues, I think the amount of time Murray has spent on court has caught up with him, especially in the heat.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well... Novak's performance today has made this interesting! But to be honest I always thought the weakest link out of the four semi-finalists was Andy. But this beat down after his performance in his recent match against Rafa? Uggh.. it's like the RG 08 final!

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
Garro said:

Completely agree, Garro. That's why I called it the Murray Mirage. This isn't a true test of Rafa's level, or an absolute accurate prediction of how he'll do against Novak.

Aside from the obvious match-up and surface issues, I think the amount of time Murray has spent on court has caught up with him, especially in the heat.

This does add more tension...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
tented said:
Garro said:

This does add more tension...

At this point, I'm mainly hoping nothing is wrong with Murray, especially his back, of course. He needs to be healthy for the upcoming grass-court season. (Should we still use "season" in this context?)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ How about "grass blink-of-an-eye?"

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
i think french open is the only slam rafa doesnt have a runner up trophy. djokovic better fix that sunday

tented

Administrator
Reactions
crystalfire said:
i think french open is the only slam rafa doesnt have a runner up trophy. djokovic better fix that sunday

Why are so many of you worried about this? Rafa has done nothing all season (yes, it's still a clay-court "season") to point towards a RG victory over Djokovic.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain today. He's not real. ;)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
crystalfire said:

That would be very kind of him. :cool:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1h and 40 minutes with all those ticks. What a blowout!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats, Rafa ... blah, blah, blah.

Iona -- I'm sorry about today, but please give us a Murray update. I hope he's OK.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
1h and 40 minutes with all those ticks. What a blowout!

It's just an embarrassment really. Unless we're going to give Muzza a pass because he's coming back from injury. But this...