2014 Roland Garros SF: Nadal vs Murray

Who wins

• Total voters

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa hit some at 197 against Ferrer. Hardly that slow. While he may have been taking it easier in the early rounds if his back was at him, I'd bet 10k he'll serve harder the rest of the tournament.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
nehmeth said:
isabelle said:
The naive woman I am voted for Andy in 5....

Your post will bring a smile to Iona's heart.

:)

Iona can be proud of her champ...the way he won yesterday was a proof of greatness and willingness (sorry for awful Paris' s crowd)

Absolutely no need to apologise for the crowd. I don't think Andy minded judging by his smile when he came on court. The Wimbledon crowd treated Gasquet appallingly quite a few years ago. I think that makes us even :)

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
I wonder who the crowd will be rooting for in this match. They've never really treated Rafa well and they don't like Andy much either. It might come down to who they dislike the most. Should be fun.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Iona16 said:
I wonder who the crowd will be rooting for in this match. They've never really treated Rafa well and they don't like Andy much either. It might come down to who they dislike the most. Should be fun.

They'll be rooting for Andy.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This has been mentioned before, but I think one of the hardest things to do right now in professional tennis is to beat Nadal in a 5-set match at Roland Garros. In the last ten years, it has happened only once. Until Nadal is beaten, he is the top dog and No. 1 contender for the title. Bad back and Djokovic could stop him, but maybe not.

That being said, Nadal has to get through Murray first. It will take a monumental effort by Murray but I am hoping that Murray shocks the world today.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny really, I would normally support Murray in a match against Rafa. But there's one circumstance I don't do that.... Anything that prevents a Djokovic - Murray bore-fest is preferred! And Murray is the one guy that Novak is never comfortable playing

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Today it's hot and dry in Paris, hope he'll favor Judy's boy. C'mon Andy, please do it

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^ It favors Rafa's game immensely. I think Andy will be in trouble.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I originally had Stan taking Nadal out in the SF but Stan cannot be trusted. :nono As much as I thought Nadal wouldn't make it to the final again I have to say he will make it there today. Andy will put up a good fight and take a set, but ultimately the clay warrior will have a date w/ the Serbian.

Enjoy the match all, I'll be out for the day.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Give'em Hell Andy. Make him work for it!

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa picking up steam already.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa seems to be playing fine to me. It's gonna be tough for Murray and djokovic