WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You both need to get off the happy juice. Scone was a mess before she played that RG. She was on some first round losing streak for most of 2018. She had a set and a break lead in that final. Whatever drugs Simo took apparently didn't kick in until well into the 2nd set. Scone just collapsed in that match. She only has herself to blame.
Whatever Keli @kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't really consider Sloane a one slam wonder like the others. Sloane has a 2nd slam (the 2018 French Open) if Halep doesn't cheat the game. It's a shame that Sloane never really recovered after that one, but at least we got to see how great Sloane was for about 9 months.
Sorry I do, she is a good athlete, after her GS title, most people thought she would go on and win more, ( me included) apparently you havent watched Sloanes matches the last couple of years, when she gets behind ' she gives up; that is not the mark of a player that 'wants to win' at all, she has hired new coaches to no avail, she even hired of one Rafa's long time coaches earlier, Roig, since she hooked up with her boy friend now her husband her tennis has gone down hill, she is disinterested in tennis, quite frankly to me she is wasting her time, like the other day in Washington, she won the 1st set got behind in the 2nd set and lost the match.and was out in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She has always had that nose..lol.I remember watching play Venus at Roland Garros,and she was 15 or 16 yrs and had the same nose
Agree Tossip :) I wont be surprised if Cornet retires at the end of this year, she hinted last year this year could be her last on tour

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Solid tennis from Belinda Bencic, keep her good form from Wimbledon a few weeks ago, defeating Davis in SS 61 64 and into the QFs at Washington
One thing about Bencic that stands out ,is her consistency.She never lose matches because of errors or lack of focus.I hope she has recovered physically enough to make noise at the Open.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Elina gave her a nod and both shook the umpire hand ...much Ado about nothing
Apparently Kasatkina is vocal about her views about the war ,and is seemingly supporting Ukraine.Maybe that's why Svitolina afforded her a nod.

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One thing about Bencic that stands out ,is her consistency.She never lose matches because of errors or lack of focus.I hope she has recovered physically enough to make noise at the Open.
Her fhand which is her weaker shot, has improved, when I watched her match the other day, she will play Coco next at Washington

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching Garica v Kostyuk
Caroline didnt lose a point on her 1st serve 2-6, though she only got 25% of her 1st serves in, so there's that :)

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just watching Garica v Kostyuk
Caroline didnt lose a point on her 1st serve 2-6, though she only got 25% of her 1st serves in, so there's that :)
Kustyuk is a player that is so unlikeable,and something about her that is disgusting.She looks very cheap in her red dress,like those women a family member met in the hotel lobby when he visited Kiev.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kustyuk is a player that is so unlikeable,and something about her that is disgusting.She looks very cheap in her red dress,like those women a family member met in the hotel lobby when he visited Kiev.
LOL! Tossip, well apart from her cheap red dress, she just beat the No 2 seed Garcia in SS 62 63

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
LOL! Tossip, well apart from her cheap red dress, she just beat the No 2 seed Garcia in SS 62 63
Well..it's true a family member is a passport bro ,and went over there before the war.He said the lobby at his hotel was crowded by the Kostyuks of this world,ready to meet and greet tourists.

• Wow
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last ladies match of the day between Sakkari v Fernandez still suspended, the only match about to start is a mens match on Stadium court

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They are moving Sakkari v Fernandez to Grandstand court now
Light showers again UGH
Official .............everything cancelled for tonight
Madison Keys waiting for the winner of the Sakkari v Ferandez match to see who she plays in the QFs, the match between Sakkari - Fernandez will have to be played first up tomorrow
Matches will begin tomorrow at 12.00pm I will post tomorrow's schedule when the officials post it

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Friday Matches QFs at Citi DC Washington,
Rain washed out night session Sakkari vs Fernandez

Stadium Noon start,

QF match (1) J. Pegula vs (WC) E. Svitolina H2h Pegula 2-1 recent match IW 2021 HC SS win 61 61

Not before 7pm,

QF (3) C. Gauff vs (6) B. Bencic H2H Bencic 1-0 Adelaide 2021 Bencic in 3 sets

John Harris Court,
Starting at Noon
(4) M. Sakkari vs Q L. Fernandez H2H Sakkari 1-0 AO 2021 Sakkari 2nd rd in SS 62 62

Not before 2.30pm,
QF (8) L. Samsonova vs M. Kostyuk Dont expect a handshake H2H Samsonova 2-0 most recent mantc Palermo clay in 3 sets

M. Sakkari or Q L.Fernabdez vs (7) M. Keys in a QF match, after suitable rest.

The H2H between Sakkari and Keys is Sakkari 3-0 mose recent match Madrid 2022 in 3 sets
The H2H between Keys and Fernandez is Keys 1-0 French Open 2021 in SS 61 75

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Friday Matches QFs at Citi DC Washington,
Rain washed out night session Sakkari vs Fernandez

Stadium Noon start,

QF match (1) J. Pegula vs (WC) E. Svitolina H2h Pegula 2-1 recent match IW 2021 HC SS win 61 61

Not before 7pm,

QF (3) C. Gauff vs (6) B. Bencic H2H Bencic 1-0 Adelaide 2021 Bencic in 3 sets

John Harris Court,
Starting at Noon
(4) M. Sakkari vs Q L. Fernandez H2H Sakkari 1-0 AO 2021 Sakkari 2nd rd in SS 62 62

Not before 2.30pm,
QF (8) L. Samsonova vs M. Kostyuk Dont expect a handshake H2H Samsonova 2-0 most recent mantc Palermo clay in 3 sets

M. Sakkari or Q L.Fernabdez vs (7) M. Keys in a QF match, after suitable rest.

The H2H between Sakkari and Keys is Sakkari 3-0 mose recent match Madrid 2022 in 3 sets
The H2H between Keys and Fernandez is Keys 1-0 French Open 2021 in SS 61 75
MM @MargaretMcAleer Do you think Elina will shake JPugula s hand ? I think she will and ask for a big donation from her family to her Ukraine relief fund

Status
Not open for further replies.