WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Well..these so called experts always looking for sneaky ways to devalue Serena using words.Serena was very clear about growing her family,and she has clearly moved on from tennis.Good for her...
Agree Tossip I was very surprised with the way Chris devalued Serena
I’m glad it wasn’t just me who read that into his words. Very poorly done by him.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

@kskate2 - Babycakes makes an appearance at about 02:20

What kind of ab injury wouldn't allow him to play, but would allow him to get snazzy and pose for all those pics. Wouldn't pulling on his pants require using ab muscles?

• Haha
Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma Raducanu will be off the tour for a few months she has undergone minor surgery on both wirst to shave bone spurs.She will also have a small procedure on her ankle.Emma will miss RG and Wimbledon

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Emma Raducanu will have 620 ranking points after the Madrid Open is completed. Projecting her world ranking when she returns. Points Emma is defending from 2022:

Rome Open - 1 point (619)
French Open - 70 points (549)
Nottingham - 1 point (548)
Wimbledon - 70 points (478)
Citi Open - 60 points (418)

If Emma came back for Toronto (not likely), her world ranking will drop to about 164th.

Toronto - 1 point (417)
Cincinnati - 105 points (312)

If Emma came back for the US Open, her world ranking will drop to about 222nd/223rd.

US Open - 10 points (302)
Slovenia - 30 points (272)
Seoul - 110 points (162)

At this point, Emma's world ranking will drop to about 349th.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma Raducanu will have 620 ranking points after the Madrid Open is completed. Projecting her world ranking when she returns. Points Emma is defending from 2022:

If Emma came back for Toronto (not likely), her world ranking will drop to about 164th.

Toronto - 1 point (417)

If Emma came back for the US Open, her world ranking will drop to about 222nd/223rd.

Seoul - 110 points (162)

Emma will take a protected ranking? what is your point in all of this, Emma could come back sooner? lets wait okay
You really are obsessed with ranking points on players lol!
Main concern is that this surgery has worked, Emma has had wrist problems for sometime, I think it is a wise decision at this stage, she is young enough to recover.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Toronto - 1 point (417)

Seoul - 110 points (162)

She has been useless since she won the OPEN.She never tries to win at all,the only time she really tried was in Cincy and that's it.She is no different from Osaka who took a sabbatical.I hope she is not going in the direction of the eisenbuddies like Robson or Keys to a lesser extent.She won't be missed for sure..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She has been useless since she won the OPEN.She never tries to win at all,the only time she really tried was in Cincy and that's it.She is no different from Osaka who took a sabbatical.I hope she is not going in the direction of the eisenbuddies like Robson or Keys to a lesser extent.She won't be missed for sure..
I think that is a big harsh Tossip she has been having wrist problems for many months, and ankle problems since last year,. Hopefully this much needed surgery will be successful and she is young enough to recover and get back on the tour,instead of having to withdraw from tournaments this year. or going out in the 1st rd ,She needs to play challenger tournaments and win matches and get her ranking back up

Another thing I wish people would get their facts straight to begin with and do homework
Emma came into the tour when she won her GS with 'No Experience' and played lights out to win her GS
We can also look at Fernandez who has not regained any of the form she had after being a finalist? granted she had a bad foot injury that had her off the tour, though she isnt a big striker of the ball, she relies on her defense, both ladies have not shown the form they had when they were in the GS final.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think that is a big harsh Tossip she has been having wrist problems for many months, and ankle problems since last year,. Hopefully this much needed surgery will be successful and she is young enough to recover and get back on the tour,instead of having to withdraw from tournaments this year. or going out in the 1st rd ,She needs to play challenger tournaments and win matches and get her ranking back up

Another thing I wish people would get their facts straight to begin with and do homework
Emma came into the tour when she won her GS with 'No Experience' and played lights out to win her GS
We can also look at Fernandez who has not regained any of the form she had after being a finalist? granted she had a bad foot injury that had her off the tour, though she isnt a big striker of the ball, she relies on her defense, both ladies have not shown the form they had when they were in the GS final.
Well it is what it is..the tour is not for the weak and she will be left behind.She doesn't have a good work ethic at all.She is being rewarded for being lazy,earning millions whilst doing the bare minimum.She has to grow up and face the music..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it is what it is..the tour is not for the weak and she will be left behind.She doesn't have a good work ethic at all.She is being rewarded for being lazy,earning millions whilst doing the bare minimum.She has to grow up and face the music..
Please Tossip that is not the case at all, how do know her work ethic for starters? I could name heaps of other players that should be left behind. for bad lazy work ethic Sloane Stephens?, I know you dont like Emma, though saying someone is weak who won a GS title
sorry I totally disagree, I hope after this surgery she can recover,as I said before she needs to go and play challengers win one, start getting her ranking upwards, gain confidence, I have said many times handing out WC to her, will not improve her play, she was going out in 1st rounds, she hardly ever had tour play before she won her GS title.Lets see after her surgery, when she does come back to play, how she goes before righting her off.

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rome withdrawals,
Bencic ( hip), Zhang Shuai, Collins, Siniakova ( wrist), Anisimova, Peterson, Raducanu ( surgery)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Amanda Anisimova says she's been struggling with her mental health and will be taking a break from tennis.
Sad news, but she's brave for being open about it.
Stay strong and keep fighting Amanda!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another player withdrawal from Rome,
Petra Kvitova still has pain in her right foot, hopes to be ready for RG

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will just post WTA Race points after Madrid
1. Sabalenka 4,830
2. Rybakina 3,276