Where does Andy Murray go from here?

What will Andy Murray do in the rest of his career?

• Total voters

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moose said:
jhar26 said:
Murray is having a good season in my opinion.

Murray would be having a good season if his name was Grigor Dimitrov. But his name is Andy Murray.

To be fair in Andy's career, 2012 and 2013 were more anomalies than the norm. Not saying he should be pumped with his result but only 2 out what 8 or so years in the top 10 did he win a slam. For most of his career a major final and a couple of masters has been the norm.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Moose said:
jhar26 said:
Murray is having a good season in my opinion.

Murray would be having a good season if his name was Grigor Dimitrov. But his name is Andy Murray.

To be fair in Andy's career, 2012 and 2013 were more anomalies than the norm. Not saying he should be pumped with his result but only 2 out what 8 or so years in the top 10 did he win a slam. For most of his career a major final and a couple of masters has been the norm.
I think he's almost playing at the same level that he was in 12/13. The only thing that he should blame himself for is that he went walkabout in the AO final after he managed to stay even with Novak for such a long time. Not saying that he would have won, but it was a 50/50 match up until that point. But on clay he has improved beyond all recognition and at Wimbledon he bumped into a Federer who was on like he hadn't been on in years. Anyone would have lost to Fed on that day. The Anderson loss was disappointing, but even Mozart must have had days when the tunes that came to his mind weren't up to his usual standard.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Australian Open final, first title on clay, Madrid Masters, Montreal Masters, a win over Djokovic, back up to the No. 2~3 ranking, etc. It's hard not to be very happy with this season so far. And he still has a chance for the Davis Cup and there are still two Masters and the WTF to play. Murray may have missed out on a Grand Slam this year but he still has 3 or 4 years at least at the top so he has plenty of time. Being included in the "Big Four" has its price. People expect more from you. But two Slams, 11 Masters titles, an Olympic Gold Medal, 30+ tour titles and 10 Grand Slam finals is an awfully good career. If Murray had been born 15 years earlier, he's had 6 or 7 Slams and lots of weeks at No. 1. We have to keep it in perspective. He has played his entire career in the shadow of the three of the eight guys who won 10 or more Slams. That's pretty tough. Sure he throws the F bombs around, but he's not sledging anybody, he doesn't abuse ball kids, he doesn't demand umpires to be removed from his matches and he doesn't force us to watch him scratch his butt before every point. I'm glad he's around because he has made this era that much more interesting. And Murray is far from finished in his career.