US Politics Thread

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A person who loves Donald FUCKING TRUMP is calling someone a clueless idiot.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A person who loves Donald FUCKING TRUMP is calling someone a clueless idiot.

Thanks for the substantive argument. Good way to cover up your embarrassment over the factual inaccuracy of alleging that the Dayton shooter was a right-winger when he was actually an Elizabeth Warren fan and hated Trump.

I’m glad I was able to teach you something today.

Last edited:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thanks for the substantive argument. Good way to cover up your embarrassment over the factual inaccuracy of alleging that the Dayton shooter was a right-winger when he was actually an Elizabeth Warren fan and hated Trump.

I’m glad I was able to teach you something today.

Dude, you're an American Religious White Conservative Donald Trump nuthugger who thinks Nalbandian is as athletic as Nadal. How the fuck are you going to teach anyone shit? I'm honestly asking. You know, the same president who blames mental health and fucking video game for mass shootings (because you know, those things don't exist in other countries where this literally never happens).

Reactions: tented

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm honestly just in tears over a guy preaching intelligence when they follow Donald Trump and believes a dude who couldn't save himself from a cross is going to save the world.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
here we go with your conspiracy theories.

The Mexican government being complicit in the massive movement of people into the United States is not a conspiracy theory, you fool. It is a well-documented factual assertion. It made have changed slightly in the last couple years with pressure from the Trump administration but for the most part this Mexican government has encouraged and facilitated the illegal migration of large groups of people into the United States.

In 2004, it circulated 1.5 million pamphlets with instructions on how to enter the U.S. illegally and in early 2017 Mexico's Ministry of Foreign Affairs published a video instructing illegal immigrants in the United States on how to avoid deportations. Is that all a conspiracy theory, or might that be complicity? Go argue with the New York Times, among others, because they have reported on these things:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...ed-states-government-helps-avoid-deportation/

Just go to the FBI and DoJ websites mate, I can't do everything for you. That's real data, not the shite you get from sources like Breitbart :lol6:

Lol.....those statistics also show a number of other trends I'm not sure you would be so glib in mentioning. And it was sources such as Breitbart that got the Russia story completely right you dumb tool. Are you proud of this track record of the major media?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/18/buzzfeed-cohen-media-russia-bombshells/

You miss the point about Dylan Roof, but why doesn't that surprise me. He was no Obama supporter, his actions were not inspired by Obama.

And how were the El Paso shooter's actions "inspired by Trump"? When did Trump ever call for the killing of Hispanic immigrants?

Now, if your point is that influential people who have some overlap in their views with killers are responsible for those people's actions, then do you blame Elizabeth Warren for the Dayton shooting? Better yet, do you blame Obama for the incident in Dallas when a man killed 5 cops at the height of the Black Lives Matter rhetoric?

I doubt it.

As for this idiot in El Paso, you're really going to come on this forum and argue that a bloke who supports Trump's bigoted pronouncements

Right, so calling for an end to illegal immigration is bigoted. Got it.

and uses his phrasing, heck he even said "fake news".

A lot of people all over the place have been using that phrase. That doesn't tell us anything.

You don't think someone who thought deeply enough to be exercised by the demographic impact of hispanic voting patterns in Texas would try to cover for Trump. You can't be that naive :facepalm:

No, but you can be that stupid. The idiot in El Paso has done far more to hurt Trump and the cause of slowing massive illegal immigration than help it. This episode has been a godsend for the left. It is everything they could ever dream of having for propaganda purposes. If this guy was shrewd or really cared about helping Trump, he would never have done it.

I have to say.....it's funny whipping up on Federberg in debates. I totally owned him on the point of Trump supposedly saying Mexicans were rapists. He lost that argument entirely and he knows it. So he jumped to some other subject.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How the fuck are you going to teach anyone shit? I'm honestly asking.

And I'm honestly telling you that I just did - and you know it. You did not know that the Dayton shooter was an Elizabeth Warren-supporting Trump hater and you're embarrassed that you did not know so you are falling back on fashionable cliches to save face. You also did not know about Steve Scalise getting shot by a Bernie supporter, or Rand Paul getting physically assaulted by a neighbor in the Democratic Party. You know that you are clueless about politics in America aside from cliches from international media like the BBC that simply repeat exactly what the New York Times says.

I know exactly how you are from years of debating you, and when you get something embarrassingly wrong, you try to change the subject and fall back on fashionable cliches so you can look good to other people. It's your standard strategy. I have seen it dozens of times.

As for your shot about believing in "religion," everyone believes in religion, including you. For the Democratic Party and the European left, the god is democratic equality and the demon is white Christian civilization. This religion - which you share - is not even remotely rational. It's a very dumb religion, far less rational than Christianity.

You know, the same president who blames mental health and fucking video game for mass shootings (because you know, those things don't exist in other countries where this literally never happens).

Why can't those be looked at as factors? And, btw, did you know that both shooters passed a background check and had no criminal record, so the gun reforms proposed by the Democrats would not have prevented him from buying the gun he used in the attacks?

From no less a source than CNN:

"Facts First: There is no indication that the shooting in Dayton, Ohio, would have been prevented by proposed universal background checks or legislation to bolster the federal background check system. The alleged El Paso, Texas, shooter purchased his firearm legally and there is no evidence that he had a criminal history that a background check would've caught."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/poli...ld-trump-mass-shootings-fact-check/index.html

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm honestly just in tears over a guy preaching intelligence when they follow Donald Trump and believes a dude who couldn't save himself from a cross is going to save the world.

I'm honestly just in tears over a guy who thinks he's supremely intelligent when his repeatedly stated views of the past on tennis and age were totally disproved and who thinks that Christianity is a dumber worldview than his own religion of equality. Honestly, it is hilarious.

Completely freaking hilarious!!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie, this is typical of your airheaded, whistling-down-the-street-in-total-oblivion nature. Trump was sloppy in not checking what the actual origins of all 4 of those venerable "women in Congress" were, but there was some truth in what he was trying to get at, even if he did so very carelessly.

You typically always denigrate everything I say as some kind of a debate gambit, but your remark above is not just tone-deaf, it's idiotic. Before telling 4 women from Congress to "go back where they came from" isn't "sloppy," in terms of his not actually checking where they came from, it's racist, pure and simple. He know what that phrase means, and it doesn't have anything to do with where they actually come from.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You typically always denigrate everything I say as some kind of a debate gambit, but your remark above is not just tone-deaf, it's idiotic. Before telling 4 women from Congress to "go back where they came from" isn't "sloppy," in terms of his not actually checking where they came from, it's racist, pure and simple. He know what that phrase means, and it doesn't have anything to do with where they actually come from.

Moxie who appointed you the arbiter of what is and is not "racist"? If Federberg moved to the United States and I told him to go back where he came from (being that we are both white), would that make me racist?

I would also remind you that Trump actually deported a Nazi to Germany, which no one is talking about. Was it racist for Trump to send him back to where he came from?

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/6843...s-deported-to-germany-last-year-is-dead-at-95

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie who appointed you the arbiter of what is and is not "racist"? If Federberg moved to the United States and I told him to go back where he came from (being that we are both white), would that make me racist?

I would also remind you that Trump actually deported a Nazi to Germany, which no one is talking about. Was it racist for Trump to send him back to where he came from?

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/6843...s-deported-to-germany-last-year-is-dead-at-95
"Go back to where you came from" is racist dog-whistling. It has a long history. It actually gets yelled at black people, and often in cases where they go way back longer than the sons of (white European) immigrants who yell it at them. It is attached to the notion that this country was founded by and for white people, as a way of assuaging white guilt about slavery. It gets propagated for many reasons, but a major one is to foster the racial divide amongst the poor, lest they rise together against those that actually hold wealth and power. I'm pretty sure you know that, somewhere in your small-mindedness. If not, I can't help you.

As to your Nazi that "Trump deported," if you read your own link, he was stripped of his US citizenship in 2003 and ordered deported by a federal judge in 2004. However, no country would take him. Germany finally relented during the Trump administration, and Trump proceeded to take the credit, but it seems more than obvious that the work was done by a federal judge, and eventually, diplomats. In any case, that is WAY beside the point of shouting "go back where you came from."

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Why can't those be looked at as factors? And, btw, did you know that both shooters passed a background check and had no criminal record, so the gun reforms proposed by the Democrats would not have prevented him from buying the gun he used in the attacks?

"Facts First: There is no indication that the shooting in Dayton, Ohio, would have been prevented by proposed universal background checks or legislation to bolster the federal background check system. The alleged El Paso, Texas, shooter purchased his firearm legally and there is no evidence that he had a criminal history that a background check would've caught."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/poli...ld-trump-mass-shootings-fact-check/index.html

Perhaps, these two shootings might not have been prevented by universal background checks. But, how does that make universal background checks bad idea. Just asking.

Reactions: Moxie

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm honestly just in tears over a guy who thinks he's supremely intelligent when his repeatedly stated views of the past on tennis and age were totally disproved and who thinks that Christianity is a dumber worldview than his own religion of equality. Honestly, it is hilarious.

Completely freaking hilarious!!

Yeah, Christianity is dumb and outdated, like every other religion. It falls apart under the merest hint of examination, like every other religion. It's offensive, like every other religion. Filled with violence and contradictions, like every other religion. In essence, full of shit. like every other religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And I'm honestly telling you that I just did - and you know it. You did not know that the Dayton shooter was an Elizabeth Warren-supporting Trump hater and you're embarrassed that you did not know so you are falling back on fashionable cliches to save face. You also did not know about Steve Scalise getting shot by a Bernie supporter, or Rand Paul getting physically assaulted by a neighbor in the Democratic Party. You know that you are clueless about politics in America aside from cliches from international media like the BBC that simply repeat exactly what the New York Times says.

I know exactly how you are from years of debating you, and when you get something embarrassingly wrong, you try to change the subject and fall back on fashionable cliches so you can look good to other people. It's your standard strategy. I have seen it dozens of times.

As for your shot about believing in "religion," everyone believes in religion, including you. For the Democratic Party and the European left, the god is democratic equality and the demon is white Christian civilization. This religion - which you share - is not even remotely rational. It's a very dumb religion, far less rational than Christianity.

You're literally the only country where this happens. Every country with gun laws has prevented them, why is this even a debate? I don't blame you for being an American centric uncultured idiot because that's the situation you were born into, but you're weirdly enough, not completely stupid so at least educate yourself by looking outside your bubble.

I really like the hubris of your whole "I know how you work after years of debating you" when literally everyone here thinks you're an idiot who changes arguments arbitrarily and conveniently in order to save face time and time again, and disappearing when convenient.

Reactions: Federberg

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why can't those be looked at as factors?

Because you moron, mental health and video games aren't exclusive to America. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world (so mental health issues are clearly prominent), and makes, on average, 19 billion American dollars from video game sales every year... do you know how many gun related deaths they've had in 2018?

Three. Count them...1, 2...3. That's it. Three gun related deaths in a whole fucking year. You guys had two mass shootings in one weekend.

Seriously, educate yourself by reading something that isn't a book about a loving God wiping thousands off the face of the earth with his wrath and vengeance.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The Mexican government being complicit in the massive movement of people into the United States is not a conspiracy theory, you fool. It is a well-documented factual assertion. It made have changed slightly in the last couple years with pressure from the Trump administration but for the most part this Mexican government has encouraged and facilitated the illegal migration of large groups of people into the United States.

In 2004, it circulated 1.5 million pamphlets with instructions on how to enter the U.S. illegally and in early 2017 Mexico's Ministry of Foreign Affairs published a video instructing illegal immigrants in the United States on how to avoid deportations. Is that all a conspiracy theory, or might that be complicity? Go argue with the New York Times, among others, because they have reported on these things:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...ed-states-government-helps-avoid-deportation/

Lol.....those statistics also show a number of other trends I'm not sure you would be so glib in mentioning. And it was sources such as Breitbart that got the Russia story completely right you dumb tool. Are you proud of this track record of the major media?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/18/buzzfeed-cohen-media-russia-bombshells/

And how were the El Paso shooter's actions "inspired by Trump"? When did Trump ever call for the killing of Hispanic immigrants?

Now, if your point is that influential people who have some overlap in their views with killers are responsible for those people's actions, then do you blame Elizabeth Warren for the Dayton shooting? Better yet, do you blame Obama for the incident in Dallas when a man killed 5 cops at the height of the Black Lives Matter rhetoric?

I doubt it.

Right, so calling for an end to illegal immigration is bigoted. Got it.

A lot of people all over the place have been using that phrase. That doesn't tell us anything.

No, but you can be that stupid. The idiot in El Paso has done far more to hurt Trump and the cause of slowing massive illegal immigration than help it. This episode has been a godsend for the left. It is everything they could ever dream of having for propaganda purposes. If this guy was shrewd or really cared about helping Trump, he would never have done it.

I have to say.....it's funny whipping up on Federberg in debates. I totally owned him on the point of Trump supposedly saying Mexicans were rapists. He lost that argument entirely and he knows it. So he jumped to some other subject.
sigh... so much nonsense to deal with here...

what does studying FBI and DoJ crime data have to do with the major media? Use your brain dude. I urge you...

of course the shooter can be inspired by Trump if he constructs a narrative that America is being invaded. I know you're not that dense!

mate, it's not clear that the Dayton shooting has anything to do with politics. Have the decency to wait for the facts please

Your fearless leader is incompetent mate. Obama seems to have done a much more efficient job of deportations than your orange buffoon. If Trump was merely railing against illegal immigration that would be one thing, but he's not. It is not even against the law the claim asylum but your mushroom dicked god doesn't understand that. Trump's speeches intentionally otherise Hispanics. When something goes wrong he has the luxury of denying responsibility. He is a coward, and I see you have the same spineless inability to accept accountability that he does. But why should that surprise me, you come on here to spout crap for a bit and then run away like the pussy you are after you get repeatedly spanked. As your fearful leader would say... "Sad" :facepalm:

oh and btw... you can claim you "won" the issue about Mexican rapists, but the truth is you further exposed your lack of understanding of nuance. This doesn't make you look good mate, it makes you look like the blunt headed twat you are. I repeat, Trump constructs a narrative where Mexican immigrants are portrayed negatively. He doesn't need to be explicit, he relies on people even dumber than you... (yes it's possible) to grab an AR15 and do some damage...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And of course, as Cali posts a video about some random isolated incident, he's conveniently ignoring this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e9-bc5c-e73b603e7f38_story.html?noredirect=on

FBI director saying that 2019 witnesses a record amount of arrests related to domestic terrorism, most of which were linked to white supremacy.

But sure, that's not nearly as telling as a shooter being an Elizabeth Warren fan (despite his never leaving any message implying her words/actions inspired him, unlike every white supremacist shooter. But Cali can't make that distinction because he's a legitimate idiot).

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, Christianity is dumb and outdated, like every other religion. It falls apart under the merest hint of examination, like every other religion. It's offensive, like every other religion. Filled with violence and contradictions, like every other religion. In essence, full of shit. like every other religion.

The historical and empirical claims of the left fall apart under the merest hint of examination. The history of far-left extremism is far more violent and contradictory than Christianity. And yes, it is completely full of shit.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The historical and empirical claims of the left fall apart under the merest hint of examination. The history of far-left extremism is far more violent and contradictory than Christianity. And yes, it is completely full of shit.

I agree it's full of shit, just as much as Jesus dying for our sins is.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're literally the only country where this happens. Every country with gun laws has prevented them, why is this even a debate? I don't blame you for being an American centric uncultured idiot because that's the situation you were born into, but you're weirdly enough, not completely stupid so at least educate yourself by looking outside your bubble.

Lol.....you know what is funny about you is that you think, among other things, that you really understand the United States of America because you repeat the clichés of the international media that simply follow the lead of the New York Times and the Washington Post, while also thinking that you are superior to Americans. Isn't that ironic? A man who claims to be above Americans while following the lead of the USA's New York Times-Washington Post church. All of your ideas (and Federberg's) come from the American/European left, you clueless tool, and the church of that school of thought is the New York Times and the Washington Post. The United States has been the world leader and most influential cultural force for decades. Everyone else imitates the American left on gay rights and every other issue under the sun. That includes you.

So don't act like you're original or above Americans. You are simply following the lead of the American left. You are a DC follower, as demonstrated by your gleeful linking to Washington Post links.

You also are clueless about American conservatism and the various strands of thought within it. There are some brilliant thinkers, writers, and commentators on the American right who you know nothing about, and very often they have been marginalized by the mainstream conservative movement. The irony is that many of them have very similar anti-imperialist foreign policy views to your own but you know nothing about that. In your own mind, you summarize all of the American right by "Fox News," which, btw, has a plethora of Democratic commentators (too many in my view), displays a wide range of views, and often marginalizes the most intelligent voices on the right.

But you know none of that.

You know why? Because you are an uncultured idiot who thinks he's cultured. You're so uncultured that you think all of American conservatism is summed up by "Fox News." In other words, you are an ignorant tool and a slave to the AMERICAN media nexus of the New York Times and Washington Post that dominates the international news cycle.

So you are a slave to America while thinking you're above it.

I really like the hubris of your whole "I know how you work after years of debating you" when literally everyone here thinks you're an idiot who changes arguments arbitrarily and conveniently in order to save face time and time again, and disappearing when convenient.

Actually Broken I have won virtually every argument with you and everyone else on this board. I won the age debate convincingly. I pointed out the flaws of both Federer and Nadal that were exposed down the road. I totally owned you on the issue of Djokovic-on-grass. In fact, I have stomped on you so many times that I almost feel bad about it. If I "disappear," it's because I am doing other things or getting involved with some other preoccupation. It's not because I have any fear whatsoever of debating your ignorant ass.

You know only 1/1000th of what you think you know. You are pompous ignoramus of the highest magnitude.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Because you moron, mental health and video games aren't exclusive to America. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world (so mental health issues are clearly prominent), and makes, on average, 19 billion American dollars from video game sales every year... do you know how many gun related deaths they've had in 2018?

Lol.....you fucking idiot. Outside of urban areas America's overall gun violence rate is barely higher than Japan. But since you are so ignorant about the USA and a complete slave to the AMERICAN New York Times and Washington Post, you don't know that. Here's a little data for your dumbass (just so you know, you are more American than I am; I assure you that you'd fit in much better in white Democratic areas in the U.S. than I do):

"In 2014, the most recent year that a county-level breakdown is available, 54% of counties (with 11% of the population) have no murders. 69% of counties have no more than one murder, and about 20% of the population. These counties account for only 4% of all murders in the country.

The worst 1% of counties have 19% of the population and 37% of the murders. The worst 2% of counties contain 28% of the population and 51% of the murders. The worst 5% of counties contain 47% of the population and account for 68% of murders. But even within those counties the murders are very heavily concentrated in small areas."

Figure-1.jpg

So let's translate that for your ignorant ass: the rural areas that vote for Trump and have high gun ownership have hardly anymore murders than Japan. Think about that and absorb it.

Three. Count them...1, 2...3. That's it. Three gun related deaths in a whole fucking year. You guys had two mass shootings in one weekend.

54% of American counties (almost all rural and Trump-supporting) actually had 0. Count them....0, 0, 0. That's it. 0 gun related deaths in a whole fucking year. Less than Japan.

Seriously, educate yourself by reading something that isn't a book about a loving God wiping thousands off the face of the earth with his wrath and vengeance.

I actually wish I had more time and opportunity to read the Bible and study Biblical history instead of following the news and arguing with culturally illiterate slaves to the AMERICAN New York Times-Washington Post media church like yourself.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46