US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He's the epitome of a ball basher alright but he's had PCB's number up to now, especially on outdoor hard court. Early days yet so we'll see how it goes. I won't be staying up more than another hour with work tomorrow. I have both to win a set and over games also on other bets as insurance as well anyway in case he doesn't win.
I think PCB winning at Montreal has helped him on a HC...we will see I guess

Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's the epitome of a ball basher alright but he's had PCB's number up to now, especially on outdoor hard court. Early days yet so we'll see how it goes. I won't be staying up more than another hour with work tomorrow. I have both to win a set and over games also on other bets as insurance as well anyway in case he doesn't win.
Yes, but PCB has had very good results at the USO. KK, not so many, I think. And KK has not been trending for some time.

Reactions: kskate2

tented

Administrator
Reactions
He's the epitome of a ball basher alright but he's had PCB's number up to now, especially on outdoor hard court. Early days yet so we'll see how it goes. I won't be staying up more than another hour with work tomorrow. I have both to win a set and over games also on other bets as insurance as well anyway in case he doesn't win. The stats aren't in PCB's favour though.

https://www.atptour.com/en/players/atp-head-2-head/p.-carreno-busta-vs-k.-khachanov/cd85/ke29
There was a time when I thought KK was going to be the big thing in Russian tennis. Medvedev has nearly wiped him off the map.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Been watching the tennis, but not posting...just otherwise distracted. Haven't caught up with this thread, but thrilled Berrettini won, however likewise thrilled that Foki made a good showing of himself. He's the future. Sorry about the injury and hope it's nothing significant.

I'd like to be happy for LL Moutet getting so far, but he seems to be kind of a jerk. Am I too harsh? Rooting for Carreño Busta, and he looks about to take the first set. EDIT: He just did.

And I'd like to see Kyrgios take Medvedev. I hope that one goes 5, anyway.
I think you are spot on with most things about Moutet. He does seem like a jerk. A few of the things though he did were funny though.

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
There was a time when I thought KK was going to be the big thing in Russian tennis. Medvedev has nearly wiped him off the map.
Yeah he won the Paris masters and then went off the radar completely.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Had a bad feeling there after he failed to break that he'd get broken. Predictable asf if he does.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah he won the Paris masters and then went off the radar completely.
He was a new thing for a minute and a half. He's tall and strong, with a big serve. But if he can't wrangle that to his advantage, like an Isner or so, then he'll just be a trouble maker for better players. What he has failed to do is make himself an immaculate server, which is his best shot, IMO.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
He was a new thing for a minute and a half. He's tall and strong, with a big serve. But if he can't wrangle that to his advantage, like an Isner or so, then he'll just be a trouble maker for better players. What he has failed to do is make himself an immaculate server, which is his best shot, IMO.
100% agree. Fires shots miles long too when he should just take some pace off. Looks great if it works but ridiculous if it doesn't and too often he gets it well wrong.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
PCB and Karen could be headed for a 5 setter. It looks like one of those tight matches.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will tune into PCB and KK before Meddy v Nick match
KK in those dreadful color combo...with the pink... Nike continues to deliver awful kits

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Won a set anyway so that'll do fine and better head to bed here. Hopefully wake up to some €€€. Shame to miss all the matches with the time difference.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
The Nike kits are awful. The shirt is beyond awful and it really doesn't match with the shorts that well. I hate the collar line.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
If PCB wins this set and takes it to a 5th set after just a bit ago looking like he was about to retire , I will be shocked.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If PCB wins this set and takes it to a 5th set after just a bit ago looking like he was about to retire , I will be shocked.
Wasnt he given some pills by the trainer, I missed some of that because I was making breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.